Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brighton Verdict

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still shocked that we kept a clean sheet. To say they were our kryptonite would be an understatement, 16 goals conceded in the last 4 games against Brighton. Just an outstanding team effort, and we had chances to win it. We'd definitely have won it with Hwang on the pitch as well. Chuffed with that result and performance. Take that into the cup final on Sunday now.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very solid indeed, and sets us up nicely for the Boggie scum. I'd say we just about edged a dour game that came to life in the last 10, which is testament to how far we've come under Gary since the drubbing at Molineux. Hard to pick a MOTM, but I'd be give it to Semedo, with Neto and both centre mids also playing well.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent performance, created some good chances and got some minutes into Neto, Dawson and Lemina!

Difficult to watch at times, neither team at their best I didn't think.

Most importantly no injuries or suspensions.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although a point was great it was 2 points dropped which shows how we have improved. Doyle should not be dropped.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Semedo has always been a top defender in 1 vs 1, he's up there with the best in the job. What has changed though is his positional play and general awareness. MOTM today.

I thought Cunha had an off day and Neto was understandably rusty (still very dangerous). With two of them at the top of their game we would have won.

Still a very good point away at our rivals in the European race ;)

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I underestimated Doyle's ability to get through work. Would have thought he would struggle in the second half with the exertion of that kind of game, but he was still right there at the end.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good result. I said in my prediction that this season we usually score and Brighton usually concede, so of course it was going to be 0-0.

I thought Cunha looked off it today. He just seemed to make the wrong decision. Neto looked a threat when he was out wide, but looked a bit lost centrally. He did a job as we are missing Hwang. Doherty was another who did a decent job but having him play there limits our attacking threat.

Better decision-making in the final third and we could have won it.

Wolves fans sounded loud again. It's a long trip there and back so well done to them.

Semedo and Doyle were the pick for the Man of the Match. I'll go for Semedo.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Cunha had an off day and Neto was understandably rusty (still very dangerous). With two of them at the top of their game we would have won.
I think we win that game with Hwang. There were a number of times where Pedro was looking to drill that ball across the face, and Cunha wasn't gambling like Hwang would have. That was a reliable source of goals before Neto's injury.

Super NES

Groupie
Reaction score
Semedo was superb today - used his pace to get us out of trouble a few times. He's improvement over the 6 months or so has been great.

Not a fan of Doherty as Lwb. Everytime he gets the ball he can't progress with it on his left foot. If H.Beuno is not fit, I'd put Toti out there as a makeshift for now until RAN is back as think he would offer more, with Santi coming into the back 3.

Doyle was neat and tidy, and in the second half played some very clever balls. It doesn't always come off but he tries that incisive pass which we lack at times. Lemina was solid too, and a great run towards the end which resulted in a decent stop.

Neto was my man of the match though. Everytime he gets the ball he causes carnage and scares the opposition. He also knows when to release the ball and was unlucky not to have an assist tonight.

Good point against a good team away from home - well done GON and the boys. Now time to go one better and focus on smashing the other albion away from home!!

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent point. With a bit more composure we could have nicked the 3 points, but Cunha had one of those nights. Semedo MoM for me, Doyle excellent in the second half and good to see Chirewa get on. Still would have put Fraser on to give Cunha a break, But Gary knows best.
Jenas was annoying, but one thing I learnt was that Doyle's 2 Grandads were Mike Doyle and Glyn Pardoe of Man City fame. They both scored in the 1970 League Cup Final win over the Albion. There's an omen....

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
Defensively excellent, can't remember Sa even making a save of note. Little bit more thought in the final third we would of nicked that. Really solid point tho, not often we get anything at the seaside. Saving the goals for Sunday, GoN has it all figured out

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doyle and Lemina actually really compliment each other well in a midfield 2 Gomes probably starts on bench Sunday. Nice problem to have but I don’t think Tommy deserves to get dropped.

It’s says something that we haven’t really looked like we’ve missed Gomes these past 2 games. Shame he’s still suspended for the Baggies though.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Despite the Brighton centred commentary we were the better team, not much in it but we had the better chances.

The last two games against Brighton we have conceded 10 goals. To go there get a point and be the first team to get a clean sheet there this year is a good achievement and shows how far we have come under GON.

More teams will lose at Brighton than get points.

Semedo man of the match for me but Neto/Dawson/Doyle all brilliant but Semedo is playing his best football of his career at the moment (certainly with us) despite been coached by some "world class" coaches Gary is doing wonders with him
Great point.

The first 30 minutes was just Brighton TV.

Media Darlings amd seemed like TNT were desperate for them to roll us over

"Well that was a mistake by Gilmour but did you know his pass completion was excellent this season"

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent point, probably should have nicked it but we soaked up a lot of pressure so can't complain. Excellent defensively. Lemina, Semedo and Dawson Excellent.
Well done GON, tactics spot on.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was surprised by how high we were pressing at times, and early in the match it did worry me as Brighton tend to find a way through most teams. It seemed to work though. Good work by O'Neil, the coaches, and analysts.

fleck1

Reaction score
Thought we were sloppy first half, putting ourselves under pressure with some poor passing.
Think we'd have taken a point before the game, but disappointed it wasn't more in the end. Semedo man of the match for me, he's been superb under GON. On the Bright side no injuries, no cards ahead of Sunday. Looked like some tired legs and not a lot of options on the bench towards the end, need the internationals back and hopefully a couple of fresh faces

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Delighted with the point. Neto came through unscathed and no sendings off or injuries so that’s all good. A negative point though and once again it’s the officiating. Pawson you were **** tonight.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great point.

The first 30 minutes was just Brighton TV.

Media Darlings amd seemed like TNT were desperate for them to roll us over

"Well that was a mistake by Gilmour but did you know his pass completion was excellent this season"
At least they qualified the comment about Gilmour by mentioning the type of passes. He kept the ball well tonight but never really played a pass that was going to hurt us. For me, Gross is a much more dangerous player, but we kept him quiet enough tonight.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Delighted with the point. Neto came through unscathed and no sendings off or injuries so that’s all good. A negative point though and once again it’s the officiating. Pawson you were **** tonight.
I dont think there were many incorrect calls. The cunha incident was a bit baffling although still not clear what the yellow was for.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
De Zerbi, talking #### , can't just tell the truth can he, deserved to win my A###

CactusOwl

Reaction score
That was the most Nuno like game since he left. First half 3-4-3 very low block then got a bit more expansive in the 2nd half. Almost the perfect away performance if we'd have converted one of our 3 really good chances.

Thought Doyle and Semedo were fantastic. Cunha lost his head after that first half hit to the face and Lemina looked well off it (understandably). Doc did little going forward but made us solid defensively.
I thought Lemina played well. Broke up attacks, put in some good tackles, made a couple of good runs forward, tested the keeper. Definitely didn't look "well off it" in my opinion

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jenas was annoying, but one thing I learnt was that Doyle's 2 Grandads were Mike Doyle and Glyn Pardoe of Man City fame. They both scored in the 1970 League Cup Final win over the Albion. There's an omen....
Surprised Jenas got his tongue out of Brighton's bumholes for long enough to string together a coherent sentence.
"Yeah, the ball might be in the back of their net, but Brighton have been simply superb so far and they just have to keep going..."

Back
Top Bottom