Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brighton (H) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
1692425516116.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Here we go again!

With everything thats gone on this summer, how nice was it Monday night just to forget about it all and support the team? And didn’t they give us reason to support! No points, and a couple of problems from last season appearing again, but we were aggressive, energetic, attacking. It was great to watch.

I dunno about any of you but I feel much more relaxed about the season, and even a little bit optimistic. It’s very early days of course. And knowing the Wolves they’ll find a way to bring us bumping back down to earth.

Anyway, onto today. Tough, tough game this is. Brighton will be well organised, well coached and they’ll play without fear. How that works out for us we’ll have to see. Can’t imagine we’ll get the space and time we did at Old Trafford. But, let’s be positive and say a team that can create 23 chances away to Man Utd, can create chances at home to Brighton. But we’ve gotta start taking them!

In terms of line-up, it pretty much picks itself after Monday. The only possible change could be bringing Fabio/Sasa in up top to play off Cunha, it would be a brave move but with us being at home, it’s possible. Personally I’d go unchanged.

Sa
Semedo Dawson Kilman Ait-Nouri
Lemina Gomes
Nunes
Neto Cunha Sarabia​

I think at this point of the season, you’re mainly looking for reasons to be optimistic, and for a clear way of playing to be appearing. Points are great but even after today we still have 36 games left, so if we are sat on 0 points tonight, hopefully the reaction isn’t too downbeat. Another positive performance would be great.

Whether you’re following from Molineux, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agree with the lineup above to start. It a brave decision to change and on balance…. Did anyone deserve to be dropped (Sa potentially in the list but not sure Bentley/king are answers)
But I think id look at making changes a bit earlier if we need to mix it up a bit. And I would t be against starting Fabio to play off Cunha.

And too right. Play like Monday and Molineux will rock.

Can’t call the result at all. It’s a tough one.

Come on me Babbies

FWAW

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really looking forward to the game today. We've got a chance to put the rest of the league on notice with a statement win over a very good side.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In some ways a tougher game than at OT as we really had nothing to lose there. No one gave us a chance including some of our own supporters (including me), so the performance was a pleasant surprise. We still ended up with nothing, thanks in the main to poor finishing and of course, a dreadful refereeing blunder.
Today, we have a chance to put OT behind us and get some points on the board. Brighton have been great since Potter left and it could be argued that's what Wolves should be with better recruitment and coaching. We're no where near Brighton's quality, but another up-and-at-em performance should give them something to think about and IF (it's a big if) we could convert a few chances, there is a win available.
Are we good enough? Was OT an anomaly? Can GON get this bunch playing well consistently and can £35m - £45m players like Cunha, Nunes and Silva start contributing something tangible? We'll see!

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
More nervous today than I was on Monday night. No matter how I disguise it, expectation levels are greater, so with a performance like at Old Trafford comes the hope of a point at least. Furthermore, with Gary O'Neil cruelly robbed (gbh style) I truly hope he has a good game and chalks up at least a point.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just want a similar performance from them, a bit more calmness around the finishing and we will be alright

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We never do well against Brighton and they are a very good team
Mondays performance gives us more hope than we perhaps had previously
Was it a one off? Will GON put more of his own stamp on the team? Will Silva start?
Many questions still to be answered and i dont expect today to provide any solutions
If we get a bit of luck and some fair play by the officials we may get something
Ill go for an optimistic 1-1

LW1

Groupie
Reaction score
Would love us to score early and get monkey off back. Even better if it was one of strikers.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Since Rennes it's like everything is wrong with the club except the actual football on the pitch. Let's hope that continues today (and then we sign Elvedi too!)

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
brighton are a bogey team we have won just 8 out of 40!

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s my first game as a Season Ticket Holder and on the basis of Monday, I will have lots to look forward to!

If we keep the same tempo and movement coming forward, we will undoubtedly put a few in the net and to aid with that aim, Fabio needs to start alongside Cunha (well in lad on the Brazil call-up!) and Neto.

Going to be tricky with how good Brighton look, but anything is doable on the day.

Enjoy the game from wherever you are and hope my first game in my new home of NU2, is worth the 5 year wait on the waiting list!

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well
View attachment 36567

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Here we go again!

With everything thats gone on this summer, how nice was it Monday night just to forget about it all and support the team? And didn’t they give us reason to support! No points, and a couple of problems from last season appearing again, but we were aggressive, energetic, attacking. It was great to watch.

I dunno about any of you but I feel much more relaxed about the season, and even a little bit optimistic. It’s very early days of course. And knowing the Wolves they’ll find a way to bring us bumping back down to earth.

Anyway, onto today. Tough, tough game this is. Brighton will be well organised, well coached and they’ll play without fear. How that works out for us we’ll have to see. Can’t imagine we’ll get the space and time we did at Old Trafford. But, let’s be positive and say a team that can create 23 chances away to Man Utd, can create chances at home to Brighton. But we’ve gotta start taking them!

In terms of line-up, it pretty much picks itself after Monday. The only possible change could be bringing Fabio/Sasa in up top to play off Cunha, it would be a brave move but with us being at home, it’s possible. Personally I’d go unchanged.

Sa
Semedo Dawson Kilman Ait-Nouri
Lemina Gomes
Nunes
Neto Cunha Sarabia​

I think at this point of the season, you’re mainly looking for reasons to be optimistic, and for a clear way of playing to be appearing. Points are great but even after today we still have 36 games left, so if we are sat on 0 points tonight, hopefully the reaction isn’t too downbeat. Another positive performance would be great.

Whether you’re following from Molineux, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!
Well said, excited about what we can achieve this season.

BluestackWolf

Reaction score
I'll take a draw all day provided we play like Mon night and have a go.

Brighton are a top side and our record against them is not good so a draw, which gets up up and running, will do for me.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same application and desire will suit me just fine.

Their currently one of the finest teams in the league so all the pressure is on them.

Hoping for a good atmosphere.

Stee

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I feel like Mondays performance will have a huge positive effect on Molineux today, hoping for a bouncing atmosphere and seeing it rub off on the lads.

Haven’t been myself in a good few years now but really wish I were as I think it will be special!

Come on lads deliver a top performance and three points! Come on Wanderers!

SellyWolf

Reaction score
Naive view alert - Brighton, as far as I can tell, have sold 2-3 of their best players in the close season. I don’t see us, on paper (and being at home), as being much worse than them…

I would say games like Brighton at home are ones you target for points as Wolves this season.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
I think alot of us are not expecting to get anything from this game. I am hoping performance wise it is up there with Monday. Want to see a good performance and actually see us take a chance when it's presented.

Back
Top Bottom