Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brendan Rogers with a d

D

Deleted member (smith)

Rodgers with a d ….I would say an F

Get behind Bruno …have no doubt Fosun will sack him if they lose confidence but they won’t appoint Rodgers …

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Leicester's decline lands at his feet. One of the best recruitment departments in the country handed over to his best mate Lee Congerton. Whose disastrous two windows they are paying for now.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Leicester forum seem desperate for him to get the boot - a few of my favourite comments below

"I'm young and fresh as a manager... but my team isn't."

What kind of Brent level uber c**t says that out loud? Seriously.”

“I have never disliked a manager so much before. Not even an opposition manager. Get this toxic small man and his small man syndrome out of our club!”

“I would go as far to say that I've never disliked a manager as much as I currently do Rodgers. Peter Taylor was slightly before my time”

“I'm afraid Mr ego is not talking to us fans or the board anymore, his comments as we have ready worked out are designed to protect him, to keep his stock high for future employment. He wants to leave and say its not his fault, I told the board this downturn would happen etc. “

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester forum seem desperate for him to get the boot - a few of my favourite comments below

“I have never disliked a manager so much before. Not even an opposition manager. Get this toxic small man and his small man syndrome out of our club!”

“I would go as far to say that I've never disliked a manager as much as I currently do Rodgers. Peter Taylor was slightly before my time”

“I'm afraid Mr ego is not talking to us fans or the board anymore, his comments as we have ready worked out are designed to protect him, to keep his stock high for future employment. He wants to leave and say its not his fault, I told the board this downturn would happen etc. “
Long may it continue

Hugh Jarse

Reaction score
I've watched the game today in Loughborough Dynamo club, the natives are spewing lol

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Oh dear me. Trouble at Filbert Street. He's going to walk. Thought Congerton was off to be general manager at Atalanta few months ago.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big Sam might be getting ready for one last big payday... :)

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
From the Leicester forum

“West Ham’s wage bill for the previous season was £129m. Ours was £192m. Spurs was £205m. “

If that’s true, it’s insane

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From the Leicester forum

“West Ham’s wage bill for the previous season was £129m. Ours was £192m. Spurs was £205m. “

If that’s true, it’s insane
It's true and it is insane. Some results are slightly skewed because of reporting periods and Covid but over the two years where Covid was a factor Leicester spent £350m on wages for the 19/20 and 20/21 seasons, West Ham £257m, Spurs £386m (us, £234m)

Everton also managed to do £347m in those two seasons, might explain why Everton and Leicester are both in a bit of a pickle when it comes to finances

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Absolutely crazy - and Leicester have been held up as an example of how a club should be run!

Shows how easy it is to stack up players on 80-100k a week if you don’t control it.

Autistic Kangaroo

Reaction score
I reckon they beat Villa at home next weekend and he makes it to the World Cup break.

I’m fact I can’t see another managerial departure including our dear Bruno until after the tournament

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

It's true and it is insane. Some results are slightly skewed because of reporting periods and Covid but over the two years where Covid was a factor Leicester spent £350m on wages for the 19/20 and 20/21 seasons, West Ham £257m, Spurs £386m (us, £234m)

Everton also managed to do £347m in those two seasons, might explain why Everton and Leicester are both in a bit of a pickle when it comes to finances
Given people would tell you how much thinner our squad is than those other teams, our wage bill should tell a story.

Think our average wage was up over £60k, probably not adjusted for the extra bonus period but well north of £50k still.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't see Rodgers surviving this latest defeat. 11 goals conceded in their last two games.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He's awful. Seems some here have caught his bait, he won't get another PL job straight away after Leicester it will be another easy league like the Celtic job again

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pundits have noted that Rodgers has failed to address the big problem for Leicester: their defence. Our defence is the one thing that keeps us in the PL.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's awful. Seems some here have caught his bait, he won't get another PL job straight away after Leicester it will be another easy league like the Celtic job again
Yes that winning an FA Cup, finishing 5th in the league twice, winning multiple domestic trophies and titles at Celtic, finishing 2nd in the league at L:iverpool, signing such players as Firmino, Tielemens, Fofana, Coutinho, regularly defeating the "big 6" and playing a progressive and entertaining style of football certainly had me fooled that he was a good manager.

Thank God the Leicester fans forum has cleared it up for me.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes that winning an FA Cup, finishing 5th in the league twice, winning multiple domestic trophies and titles at Celtic, finishing 2nd in the league at L:iverpool, signing such players as Firmino, Tielemens, Fofana, Coutinho, regularly defeating the "big 6" and playing a progressive and entertaining style of football certainly had me fooled that he was a good manager.

Thank God the Leicester fans forum has cleared it up for me.
Bruno could have won the treble with Celtic, especially while Rangers were in the doldrums. He literally had no competition at all. In Europe, he only got to the group stage of the Champions League where they got thrashed 7-0 by Barcelona. Still, 69 games unbeaten isn't bad regardless.

Liverpool he had a very decent second season but it should be remembered he did have Luis Suarez AND was the first Liverpool manager since the 50's to not win a trophy in his first three seasons. In his first, he only improved one place from Kenny Dalglish, in his third they finished sixth and in his fourth Rodgers was sacked in 10th, despite players like Coutinho, Firmino and Can. His record of signings at Liverpool was by and large dismal, spending close on £150m on Allen, Borini, Assaidi, Benteke, Lovren, Ings, Balotelli, Origi, Moses, Lambert and Markovic. He also failed to get a tune out of Luis Alberto and Iago Aspas.

Granted he did well with a Leicester side (that had admittedly won a title previously) to keep them in the top five and win an F.A. Cup, but it's telling that Fofana was desperate to leave and the cracks are well and truly showing. I'm sure he has some ability as a coach, but not half as much as he thinks he has.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Leicester supporting mate tells me he gone by tomorrow! Don't shoot the messenger. Would I have him at Molineux? No.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester supporting mate tells me he gone by tomorrow! Don't shoot the messenger. Would I have him at Molineux? No.
Reportedly after Thomas Frank. If, it's a big if IMHO, he goes there surely he would come to us.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reportedly after Thomas Frank. If, it's a big if IMHO, he goes there surely he would come to us.

Ah that explains a lot, was just looking at betting odds, and he’s 1/1 to be next Leicester manager on betvictor

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
We need to act now if we are doing so. Leicester and maybe Villa soon going to be in looking in the same spots as us I would imagine

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to act now if we are doing so. Leicester and maybe Villa soon going to be in looking in the same spots as us I would imagine
Frank to Leicester, Rodgers to Villa

Think if we stay Iberian (and I think with the make up of our squad that we should - as long as he speaks English on the training ground!), we'll be safe from Leicester or Villa potentially poaching our target

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While I sympathise with Bruno up to a point Brendan Rodgers would be an excellent manager for us having a depth of experience Bruno simply does not have. I just don't know how our Portuguese contingent would react to a non Portuguese manager. What's happening with Loptegui who was on the brink recently? Theridiculous lack of goals up front and now the thinness of cover at the back is deeply worrying.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately not. Our next manager will come from a small pool of Mendes clients and acquaintances. If we want them we’ll get them ahead of Leicester.

Back
Top Bottom