Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bournemouth Verdict

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul is unfit and not the same player..

Pedro has to play on the left

guedes ok, trying to build tempo and shoot , ran was the best player of the whole 90 other than that ****.

lage has to go

had to play 4-2-3-1 against such a woeful side... They are championship fodder.. but hey so are we now.

Watching lage he looks worried , I'd be feeling by neck right now for the noose. He's got to go to change our run

Reactions: Ian

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The obvious pass is on but we have to make 2/3 more first. Truly appalling. I've supported Bruno but he needs to go. Problem is who will replace him and will they come.
PS Where is Hwang when you need him.

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Despite the disappointing performance I thought we still created enough to win that game - Raul's chance alone should have won us three points

We lack urgency and don't move the ball quickly enough in the final third

I think it'll take a little while to find our stride given the new players and system. I'm not going to panic yet but on the other hand, I wouldn't be mad if we did replace Lage

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jimenez.

Told you so.

A year ago.

Reactions: Ian

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Predictable bilge. Verdict much the same as every other game this season. Why cant we play balls into the centre other than from out wide? Clueless. Go now Lage, it’s clear you’re out of your depth.
Nunes and neves played two balls through the centre both had chances.

How Jimenez doesnt take the 1v1 I don't know

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmmm

Started brightly again. Unlucky not to score again, with Nunes’s shot against the bar. Faded badly as the first half wore on. Bournemouth made a tactical change HT and we’re in charge at the start of the 2nd half, again. Bringing on RAN and Podence lifted the team at the end. We huffed and we puffed, but we didn’t break the Bournemouth back line despite an awful miss from Raul, and a goal line clearance from Podence.

Verdict. Lage needs to go. This squad is better than the team we’re watching each week.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It isn't talent. It's horrifically overrated.

Lage should go but we have a number of absolute frauds
Moutinho looks finished. Raul looks like he’s wandered in from an old peoples home. Nunes & Guedes look like they’re here because Mendes has their pets in a basement at gun point.
Bruno looks like he’s won a ‘coach a team for a day’ contest off a cereal packet. Not even good cereal. Some own brand economy bran ****.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our build up play is so slow and obvious. The few occasions we manage to make room and get a cross in there's STILL no one in the box for it. How can we still lack the players in the box with 4 at the back? I don't get it. The only reason we were on top those last 15/20 was because Bournemouth decided to switch to 5 at the back and let us dominate the midfield (rather than a tactical change on our part).

On top of that we missed 2 really good chances which you just can't miss at this level. Moody.
Because they are bone idle

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slow, boring, predictable football yet again. It’s ****ing dreadful. I hate watching us play, I really do. There is no way this group of players are this bad.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul is unfit and not the same player..

Pedro has to play on the left

guedes ok, trying to build tempo and shoot , ran was the best player of the whole 90 other than that ****.

lage has to go

had to play 4-2-3-1 against such a woeful side... They are championship fodder.. but hey so are we now.

Watching lage he looks worried , I'd be feeling by neck right now for the noose. He's got to go to change our run
Lage is like a rabbit in the headlights. Petrified to attack.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor selection, late subs. Bruno might’ve been bailed out by competent finishing but he was not.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa - 6 - Had nothing to do.
Semedo - 7 - Decent until he came off.
Collins - 6 - Nothing to do.
Kilman - 7 - Nothing to do, tried to bring the ball forward.
Jonny - 4 - Awful.
Neves - 7 - Probably MotM, but slim pickings really.
Moutinho - 5 - Tired of seeing him and Neves in the same team, they both want to occupy the same spaces. Just a passenger.
Nunes - 7 - Great effort against the bar, ran out of gas second half but loved his pressing first half.
Guedes - 5 - Poor, needs to improve quickly. Didn't help having Jonny on his side who kept giving the ball away.
Neto - 6 - Still very predictable because he's so one footed, but still felt he did OK.
Jimenez - 4 - Kaladjzic walks into this team, if healthy. Not the same player anymore.

Credit to Podence, RAN and Traore who tried to inject some intent into our attacks towards the end, but my god when we're attacking we're so pedestrian and so predictable. The blame for that lies squarely on Bruno, he's not getting the most out of an extremely talented group. I do wonder how many more games Bruno is going to get after this.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How the **** do we have 1 less player at the back and still make it look like we only have Jiminez within 50 yards of the goal.

Probably because Jimenez is 49 yards away from the goal at all times.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re in a relegation battle this season.

The 1-0 wins between Oct-Feb last season pushed us into a flattering position when you looked at our performances (shots for/against). Not confident those fortunate wins will materialize this season based on what I’m seeing.

Lage gets the Southampton game for me. Another unconvincing display or defeat and I’ve had enough.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** off Bruno. You’re ****ing tedious. Please, please sack the ****.

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
Should feel mega excited with the players we’ve bought but just finding us a hard watch at the moment.

Slow, ponderous it feels like watching a Hoddle team but even worse given the quality of players at his disposal.

What happened to the attacking Bruno ball he was meant to bring in. Where’s this excellent coaching? I’m feeling very despondent about how this season is going to pan out at the moment.

Maybe the most positive thing is that surely with the amount invested on players Fosun will want to act quickly and get someone in who can get these players to click otherwise we’re in for a long hard season.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa - 6 - Had nothing to do.
Semedo - 7 - Decent until he came off.
Collins - 6 - Nothing to do.
Kilman - 7 - Nothing to do, tried to bring the ball forward.
Jonny - 4 - Awful.
Neves - 7 - Probably MotM, but slim pickings really.
Moutinho - 5 - Tired of seeing him and Neves in the same team, they both want to occupy the same spaces. Just a passenger.
Nunes - 7 - Great effort against the bar, ran out of gas second half but loved his pressing first half.
Guedes - 5 - Poor, needs to improve quickly. Didn't help having Jonny on his side who kept giving the ball away.
Neto - 6 - Still very predictable because he's so one footed, but still felt he did OK.
Jimenez - 4 - Kaladjzic walks into this team, if healthy. Not the same player anymore.

Credit to Podence, RAN and Traore who tried to inject some intent into our attacks towards the end, but my god when we're attacking we're so pedestrian and so predictable. The blame for that lies squarely on Bruno, he's not getting the most out of an extremely talented group. I do wonder how many more games Bruno is going to get after this.
Ran was mom for me followed by neves. Agreed guedes had it hard with a poor ionny, thought he was ok, Neto so one footed as always.

If sasa is fit play him against southampton

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We’re in a relegation battle this season.

The 1-0 wins between Oct-Feb last season pushed us into a flattering position when you looked at our performances (shots for/against). Not confident those fortunate wins will materialize this season based on what I’m seeing.

Lage gets the Southampton game for me. Another unconvincing display or defeat and I’ve had enough.
Can't we just get rid of him at the next training session.

Sephiroth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The front 3 were atrocious.

Lage is a fraud.

Get rid of the lot of them

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Raul’s worst showing in a Wolves shirt.
Jonny, Neto, very poor.
Bruno again has got it wrong tonight.

We need to be more aggressive up top. We are way too slow and indirect.

Collins I thought was excellent tonight. Nunes and Neves played well also.

For balance, if Hwang doesn’t slice a clearance on the weekend, and Nunes effort is an inch lower tonight, it’s back to back wins, but reality isn’t balanced and with this squad the margins shouldn’t be as fine.

Nige

Reaction score
Does anyone else get the impression that apart from Neves the rest of the players want Bruno out !! how else can they be so poor... This is far worse than the last days under Nuno.

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This Bournemouth side are one of most cowardly teams to have ever graced the league, they were scared to attack a corner, and we ****ing drew with them, we were as spineless as them. The only thing that makes them less cowardly than us is that they actually ****ed Parker off sharpish.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should feel mega excited with the players we’ve bought but just finding us a hard watch at the moment.

Slow, ponderous it feels like watching a Hoddle team but even worse given the quality of players at his disposal.

What happened to the attacking Bruno ball he was meant to bring in. Where’s this excellent coaching? I’m feeling very despondent about how this season is going to pan out at the moment.

Maybe the most positive thing is that surely with the amount invested on players Fosun will want to act quickly and get someone in who can get these players to click otherwise we’re in for a long hard season.

Well said

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know they're settling in, but I've been a bit underwhelmed by Nunes and Guedes so far, particularly in the second halves. We certainly looked a lot more dangerous when they were replaced by Podence and Adama. At least we didn't lose! It was frustrating enough but imagine if they had stole one at the end.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Sa 6
Didn't have anything to do

Semedo 7
Was bright, dribbled with the ball but the lack of movement means he can do **** all with it.

Kilman 7
One of our more creative players

Collins 7
Likewise

Jonny 3
Probably Bournemouth's best defender. Every attack went down his side and he is an atrocity going forwards. Great player pre injury but he is physically done.

Neves 2
Pathetic. His best pass was the long ball to Neto. Unfortunately was the one in the sticks for them

Moutinho 3
Marginally better than Neves as I think I counted 2 forward passes towards the end. Neves and Moutinho should never play together in games when we have more of the ball. They are both way too cowardly with it.

Nunes 6
Actually tried stuff, great volley and broke the lines a few times. Also won loads of ball back. Hooking him and leaving the other two on is a sackable offense in and of itself. Gave it away a bit but you have to in order to create

Guedes 3
Pretty slow and totally ineffectual. Had a good chance from Nunes cross but decided to chest it and slipped over.

Raul 1
One of the worst performances I can ever remember. I can accept missing chances, I cannot accept his lack of effort and his cowardice in not getting into the 6 yard box. Doesn't start again.

Neto 6
Looked pretty threatening at times, mainly on the left. Isn't good enough to play the RW inverted forward though. Overrated

Podence 7
Probably motm for us, he starts we win that but we play 2 DMs who are scared to pass through the lines so the mighty Bournemouth (who will go down as one of the worst sides to ever play in the division) don't hurt us

Adama 6
Did OK, beat a man and caused some problems

RAN 6
Did more attacking than Jonny has done all season in his first 3 minutes.

Lage out. This lot are gutless and overrated but not starting RAN, starting 2 sitters and asking Nunes to play a new position in a new league and leaving Joao/Neves on all game proves he has 0 *******s.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although it was dreadful for most of the match we still should have won this after the subs. We were unlucky then and also diabolical refereeing cost us. It says a lot though when our two supposedly top drawer signings are the ones taken off.
How could Raul not be taken off? We need more drive than Mauts gives us and what has happened to Jonny.
Its all well and good blaming Bruno but the problem here lies deeper and higher up the chain. Someone went wrong during Nuno's reign and its still there.

Nige

Reaction score
We are dreadful. Do we actually look like scoring? I’d say no - we don’t. Where is the threat coming from in our team? I don’t understand the direction of the tactic - it’s not working at all. We cannot break anyone down.
We could of carried on playing all night and wouldnt score this is a sideways backwards team..

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same old rubbish really, I'm just so bored of watching a team play so slow side and backwards while never look like scoring a goal...

Lage got the team wrong again Ait-Nouri and Podence just had to start today didn't need three centre midfielders and Jonny offers nothing going forward..

Carry on like this I can't see who we will beat, something has to change and it looks like Lage!

Back
Top Bottom