Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bournemouth Verdict

Reaction score
I recon we would play better without a coach, just send them on and tell them play as you see fit rather than coaching the hell out of them as for sure Bruno is utterly totally CRAP.

We are boring boring boring to watch........................

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although it was dreadful for most of the match we still should have won this after the subs. We were unlucky then and also diabolical refereeing cost us. It says a lot though when our two supposedly top drawer signings are the ones taken off.
How could Raul not be taken off? We need more drive than Mauts gives us and what has happened to Jonny.
Its all well and good blaming Bruno but the problem here lies deeper and higher up the chain. Someone went wrong during Nuno's reign and its still there.
I wanted traore on for Raul..

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It doesn't look like many of them are playing for Bruno if I'm honest. We have gone from a side with arguably the strongest sense of identity in the Premier League to one that goes through the motions, repeating the same predictable patterns of play. We could've played indefinitely against any given Premier League side (and a fair few Championship sides) and not come close to scoring.

Unsurprisingly, the belated introduction of Traore saw an upturn in fortune, but even then we took so long to put a cross in - in part because there are not enough viable targets with Jimenez leisurely swanning around in deep and wide areas. Kaladjzic and Adama should start against Southampton, and several other players should be made to fear for their spot. The time for the stick is nigh.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I recon we would play better without a coach, just send them on and tell them play as you see fit rather than coaching the hell out of them as for sure Bruno is utterly totally CRAP.

We are boring boring boring to watch........................
Haha, Portugal national team must be thinking **** me half the international at wolves but how can we pick any for the world cup

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
First half was ok apart from poor decisions made by the front three. Very poor second half yet during the game, we hit the bar, missed a simple one on one and had a gilt-edged chance cleared off the line.

Was crying out for an extra attacker to be bought on. Ait-Nouri and Podence made a positive difference.

Hate to say it again but letting Fabio leave on loan, whilst great for him (and hopefully us) in the long-term, has had huge implications on the here and now.

Sa 6
Semedo 6
Collins 6
Kilman 6
Jonny 5
Neves 6
Nunes 6
Moutinho 5
Guedes 5
Raul 5
Neto 6

RAN 7
Podence 7
Adama 6

We (eventually) have ended up with an excellent squad but unfortunately, the way the fixtures have panned out means will be we will almost certainly be in a relegation battle after 10 games. Do we have the mentality (and Manager) to deal with that?

I'm personally not sure and think we'll have a new Manager in by the Forest game.

Jez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Had 0-0 written all over it.
We can’t score and Bournemouth were always going to shut up shop and go back to basics.

Southampton next. Come on Wolves

Reactions: Ian

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It doesn't look like many of them are playing for Bruno if I'm honest. We have gone from a side with arguably the strongest sense of identity in the Premier League to one that goes through the motions, repeating the same predictable patterns of play. We could've played indefinitely against any given Premier League side (and a fair few Championship sides) and not come close to scoring.

Unsurprisingly, the belated introduction of Traore saw an upturn in fortune, but even then we took so long to put a cross in - in part because there are not enough viable targets with Jimenez leisurely swanning around in deep and wide areas. Kaladjzic and Adama should start against Southampton, and several other players should be made to fear for their spot. The time for the stick is nigh.
Agreed Raul isn't about it anymore, stick sasa in the middle and stick traore on the right guedes on the left podence behind sasa
4-2-3+1

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know they're settling in, but I've been a bit underwhelmed by Nunes and Guedes so far, particularly in the second halves. We certainly looked a lot more dangerous when they were replaced by Podence and Adama. At least we didn't lose! It was frustrating enough but imagine if they had stole one at the end.

They don't look fit enough to play the full 90 it seems. Both are showing glimpses of quality (certainly Nunes) imo, but coming into s side with no attacking plan must be hard.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Our team and manager may well be suited to the Portuguese Super Liga but not the English Premier League. We have some excellent players but collectively I don’t feel they’re suited to the intensity of the premier league. We haven’t scored against two of the newly promoted sides and lost to a team that narrowly avoided relegation.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes was good first half but ran out of steam. He has some way to go to get to PL levels of fitness for 90 mins. Guedes worked hard but suffered from a rubbish Jonny and Raul around him. We looked a lot more energetic when RAN, Pod and Adama came on. Fresh legs and a bit more movement. Way, way too pedestrian before they came on.
The worst thing about Guedes is that playing him means Neto has to go on the right, which nullifies his main strength.
Guedes has to develop his style and produce more, otherwise he's not an upgrade. He's only had a few games though.

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
You look at both teams on paper and our spending this transfer window absolutely shocking on all levels. Most of our players not on it, no pressing, not close enough for the second ball.

Most disappointing is we have no idea creatively to find a goal. Something has to change if we cannot beat a poor Bournemouth side who will be playing championship football we will be joining them.

daniel corfield

Groupie
Reaction score
Inverted wingers. Cut back inside and pass to midfield rinse and repeat. Overlapping fullbacks that don’t overlap. Raul at half pace, Guedes started promising, seems to have been sucked into the malaise.

Since Spurs away, aside from Man Utd away, I haven’t enjoyed watching a single game under Nuno or Bruno.

This has got to change.

agree about Guedes, guys got talent but he's been sunk already with our inept pass, sideways, pass, switch, pass, sideways, routine already.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First half was ok apart from poor decisions made by the front three. Very poor second half yet during the game, we hit the bar, missed a simple one on one and had a gilt-edged chance cleared off the line.

Was crying out for an extra attacker to be bought on. Ait-Nouri and Podence made a positive difference.

Hate to say it again but letting Fabio leave on loan, whilst great for him (and hopefully us) in the long-term, has had huge implications on the here and now.

Sa 6
Semedo 6
Collins 6
Kilman 6
Jonny 5
Neves 6
Nunes 6
Moutinho 5
Guedes 5
Raul 5
Neto 6

RAN 7
Podence 7
Adama 6

We (eventually) have ended up with an excellent squad but unfortunately, the way the fixtures have panned out means will be we will almost certainly be in a relegation battle after 10 games. Do we have the mentality (and Manager) to deal with that?

I'm personally not sure and think we'll have a new Manager in by the Forest game.
How you give Nunes the same mark as Neves and lower than Mouts is beyond me. Do you honestly think Nunes played as well as Neves and better than Mouts?

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ran was mom for me followed by neves. Agreed guedes had it hard with a poor ionny, thought he was ok, Neto so one footed as always.

If sasa is fit play him against southampton
Billings was MotM for me!

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Something has to change or we will go down. It’s as simple as that. Given our fixtures we will more than likely be going into October in the bottom 3 on about 6 or 7 points from 10 games.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I want to be positive. Collins was excellent. Nunes good first half then faded. Podence showed the type of games he does well in. RAN.

New manager needed. Even if we beat Saints, unless Lage radically changes his tactics then it's just delaying the inevitable.

I am so, so, so bored.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just listening to Bruno post match, thinks we played with energy and created chances and if we keep doing what we’re doing the goals will come

What game was he watching :mad:

I can only assume he's dipped into his P45 fund early and on something, because you'd have to be out of your mind to say that.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Do you think we didn't score because of Neves? Like I said, slim pickings, calm down.
Yeah, I do. I think when your deep lying spends the game passing it sideways or smashing it straight at their keeper all game you are ****ed. He was possibly our worst player outside of Raul.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After southampton... We could be on 3 points still with the following

Liverpool at anfield
Man city at home... Dear god haaland
West ham away
Chelsea away

If this doesn't scream wolves on 3 points played 10 in October I don't know.

Genuinely we had one of the easiest first 6

We should have at least got to 8 points... We're now struggling to get to 6 at this rate

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
How you give Nunes the same mark as Neves and Mouts lower is beyond me. Do you honestly think Nunes played as well as Neves and better than Mouts?

Yes. Thought he was similar to Neves and slightly better than Mouts. Had the shot against the bar and put a lovely cross across which nobody gambled on.

Thought they were all much of a muchness tonight.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you took our team sheet there wasn't one Wolves player you would swop for a Bournemouth player.
So surely that tells you what is so clearly wrong ?

Sevenwolves

Groupie
Reaction score
I really hope they get Lage out of our club tomorrow morning. That was utterly diabolical, easily as bad as any of the Norwich games last season. Completely unacceptable and utterly embarrassing.
Why wait till the morning???

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, I do. I think when your deep lying spends the game passing it sideways or smashing it straight at their keeper all game you are ****ed. He was possibly our worst player outside of Raul.
Neves, who had 1 shot, is responsible for us not scoring. Behave. And worse than Jonny? Hahaha

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul, Jonny, guedes really pants.

I did laugh when ait nouri tw@tted it right at raul and the terrible corner, nunes to neves , they looked drunk.
I found myself laughing at this too. Keystone cops

Reactions: Ian
Back
Top Bottom