Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Boubacar Traore

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agree. We need a CM in ideally. Hodge looks good but I think, because he’s young, people are giving him a bit more credit than he maybe deserves at this time - a bit like when Cundle started against Spurs. Hodge is decent but not ready for regular starts - and that’s what we need at the moment.

I never saw anything in Cundle can I just add, looked ok versus Tottenham.

Hodge will have a premier League career and Cundle won't you heard it here first.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never saw anything in Cundle can I just add, looked ok versus Tottenham.

Hodge will have a premier League career and Cundle won't you heard it here first.
I’d agree with that. Hodge looks like he will be able to play at the PL level every week given a few more seasons of game time and first team training.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’d agree with that. Hodge looks like he will be able to play at the PL level every week given a few more seasons of game time and first team training.

If he was 6 ft tall be a lot more certain but he is a brilliant little footballer, doesn't need a loan for me keep using him and he will only get better.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Two months without Boubacar would be a significant blow. His physicality is important in numerous fixtures.

I think listening to Julens comments post match about not enough midfield options that there is definitely one in the pipeline.

We are losing Moutinho in the summer too and possibly Neves.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
Hodge seems to be an excellent passer of the ball. It is very accurate (always finding the teammates feet) and never over- or underhit. This makes it easy for teammates to control the ball, and keep the ball rolling.
He is not hiding either, always makes himself available to receive passes.

Obviously there's a long way to go still, he is a "midget" and I'm not sure if he is mobile enough to make himself a career in this league?

T

TheConcourse

Hodge isn’t going to make it in the PL as the advanced midfielder he seems to want to be.

Gutted for Bouba, and for us. His injury record really hasn’t been great this season has it?

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hodge isn’t going to make it in the PL as the advanced midfielder he seems to want to be.

Gutted for Bouba, and for us. His injury record really hasn’t been great this season has it?

Hodge as always been a 6/8 definitely more defensively inclined. Played for City and Ireland youth in DM roles so I think he's just playing the way he's being asked to.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Think Hodge could study videos of players like Scholes, Xavi and Iniesta who are all similar in physique and were world class players. Think he has the passing ability and control but to get towards their level needs to develop his reading of the game, vision and decision making.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can’t expect a player like Hodge to help prevent relegation.
We need players that can do that on the pitch asap.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen we've made his signing permanent (missed it on here), that's the midfield options sorted for next season then

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news. Everyone seems to have forgotten about how good he was before the WC break. He was the one shining light at a very dark time, along with Bueno. So excited to see what he can become in years to come, together with Gomes.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do like the thought of Gomes and Traore coming on press teams for the final 30 minutes of games or even starting games together. Not sure they would stay on the pitch long due to a propensity to pick up yellow cards but they’d be a nightmare to play against. Remind me a bit of Ince and Keane, players who get round the pitch like to tackle and are not giving the opposition time. Traore has shown he has some qualities as week in terms of passing and finishing and I am fairly certain you don’t go through Flamengo’s youth set up to first team with ability of Carlton Palmer.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good signing bouba......but another one we will need to name in the 17 foreigners places next season....

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the worst should happen and we are relegated, a midfield of Traore, Hodge and Gomes wouldn't be so bad.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pleased to see that we have taken up the option to sign Boubacar I have liked what I have seen of him, and was a little bit concerned we would not take up the option due to his injury, however now that we have and injuries permitting I think this lad has a lot of improvement in him, nice one Wolves.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Neves, Nunes, Boubacar, Lemina, Sarabia, Gomes, Hodge.

Please please please lets try to keep that midfield over the summer!

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Not since the Mike Bailey / Ernie Hunt era hopefully.
Just realised it's nearly 50 years not 40! Those decades just fly by.....

My best midfields were:

Hibbitt/Bailey/Carr/Daley

Then........

Moutinho/Neves/Dendoncker/Saiss

Now........
Neves/Nunes/Mountinho/Lemina/Traore/Gomes/Hodge

Though I do have a soft spot for.......
Vaughan/Holmes/Downing/Robinson/Kelly

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

My best midfields were:

Then........

Now........

That last midfield was great. It was always amusing watching psycho chasing someone to kick them. I always liked Robinson, couldn’t understand why he got dropped so quickly from the team that won division 4. I know we bought Chard.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen we've made his signing permanent (missed it on here), that's the midfield options sorted for next season then

Well, if we say João Moutinho leaves on a free, Neves and Nunes gets sold.

We're left with, Traore, Lemina, Gomes and Hodge.

Crying out for a deep playmaker and an attacking midfielder. Especially if we want to be a possession based team.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Crying out for a deep playmaker and an attacking midfielder. Especially if we want to be a possession based team.
If we lost all three I think we might sign one who's more of a ball player, but disagree that we'd be 'crying out' for one, let alone two, and we'd see a lot of 4-2-3-1 with only two of the four you mention starting. We'd just have a midfield with a very different dynamic to what we've been used to and one which I'd hazard a guess would be very aggressive in pressing and winning the ball back

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Buy urgate or alex scott

NewOrder306

Groupie
Reaction score

My best midfields were:

Then........

Now........

Vaughan, an ALDI version of Mouts....but was a tidy little player and did us proud in the darker day....(has cometh light) :D

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news. Everyone seems to have forgotten about how good he was before the WC break. He was the one shining light at a very dark time, along with Bueno. So excited to see what he can become in years to come, together with Gomes.
Was he that good? Played alright definitely worth us signing him but I think we're getting a bit carried away.

Back
Top Bottom