Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Boubacar Traore

R

reanswolf

Nunes's 'proper position' is in a midfield 2 isn't it?

His main quality is is his ability to carry the ball from defence to attack, but he can't do that if he's sat in the wide attacking midfielder position, i.e the 'Dendoncker' role.
Maybe I've misinterpreted your post, but I've never seen Donk carry the ball apart from when the half-time whistle went and he threw the ball to the ref.

R

reanswolf

I can't believe anyone is saying they'd rather have Palinha over Traore either. He's much better attacking wise, presses more and does the dirty work too.

Palinha was only ever meant to be a repalcement for Neves. As long as he's here (and please god let it be past this season) we don't need another CDM.
I do like the look of Traore but its far too early to say he's better or a more complete CM than Palhinha. If Palhinha was only ever meant to be a replacement for Neves then it shows how clueless they are. Neves and Palhinha, with the latter replacing Moutinho, would have formed an excellent midfield anchor, then allowing those with more forward mobility the chance to thrive.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes's 'proper position' is in a midfield 2 isn't it?

His main quality is is his ability to carry the ball from defence to attack, but he can't do that if he's sat in the wide attacking midfielder position, i.e the 'Dendoncker' role.

It's like we've brought a Ferarri and are using it to do donuts on Aldi car park. Complete waste
It's crazy. I'm assuming Lopetegui actually plays Nunes in his preferred position where he will be horrible to play against due to his passing and ability to carry the ball when space appears.

It's downright negligence that he has been forced to play in a position which takes away from almost every strength he has.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do like the look of Traore but its far too early to say he's better or a more complete CM than Palhinha. If Palhinha was only ever meant to be a replacement for Neves then it shows how clueless they are. Neves and Palhinha, with the latter replacing Moutinho, would have formed an excellent midfield anchor, then allowing those with more forward mobility the chance to thrive.
Do you have a poster of Palhinha on your bedroom wall?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes ain’t played in his right position is a poor excuse. Looks like we got ripped off again. Ugarte better at the dirty work than Nunes a fancy player that should be at a fancy team

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes ain’t played in his right position is a poor excuse. Looks like we got ripped off again. Ugarte better at the dirty work than Nunes a fancy player that should be at a fancy team

Fancy player at a fancy team?

Football will always be a blend of both types of players. Can't have one without the other.

Nunes will come good.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re your last sentence, still mourning that Mick and his put in a shift brigade are no more???

R

reanswolf

..... and bedroom ceiling lol.....
I know. Sorry I know I keep on going on about him. I totally deserve the ribbing.

Most will know I’ve always been fixated with midfield and he really caught my eye for Braga here, probably more than any other player in a game against us. He was seemingly so close to signing for us it really desponded me.

I know I’m also very repetitive, just an age thing cos I forget that I previously posted the same.

I’ll try not to mention him again but if others do expect me to pile on ):-.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I don't think we have a number 10 at the club. Podence usually gets kicked out the game when he plays there.
We had one but he's at Forest now. It looks like JL will probably play 433 with no number 10, meaning Nunes and B Traore will need to 'pivot' and be involved defensively and pushing forwards. I reckon they can manage that okay, but worry the personnel around them (with the exception of Kilman and Neves) might not be up to the task.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had one but he's at Forest now. It looks like JL will probably play 433 with no number 10, meaning Nunes and B Traore will need to 'pivot' and be involved defensively and pushing forwards. I reckon they can manage that okay, but worry the personnel around them (with the exception of Kilman and Neves) might not be up to the task.
Podence really has disappointed me and MGW wasnt very effective for us.
MGW bought in good money and it should be used to upgrade Podence .
Lopetegui has seen the best Spain has to offer , hopefully its a number 10.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence really has disappointed me and MGW wasnt very effective for us.
MGW bought in good money and it should be used to upgrade Podence .
Lopetegui has seen the best Spain has to offer , hopefully its a number 10.
If only Nuno wanted Olmo huh

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such a shame. Would have been the ideal substitute for Moutinho after an hour today.

Guess it means we’ll press ahead with the Lemina signing.

Definitely a big miss. If we can have a midfield 5 of Traore, Mouts, Nunes, Neves & Lemina, think that's solid enough for rest of the season.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such a shame. Would have been the ideal substitute for Moutinho after an hour today.

Guess it means we’ll press ahead with the Lemina signing.
Would be completely sensible to get Lemina in now.

Gutted for Boubacar knowing his energy that first half of the campaign.

Wolves2018

Reaction score
Stick or twist?
Cracking player versus a lot of Injuries?
Thoughts?

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was really starting to find his feet too. We don't seem to do small injuries do we?

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this is a bad one, you just know we’ll sign him permanently tomorrow - such is our way.

Feel for him, but let’s see what the market brings about this month and we can re-assess him at a later date. Business is business, after all.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to get a central midfielder in now as Hodge doesnt look ready to me and Moutinho shouldnt be playing every game.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players get injured all over the world, doesn’t mean he’s a dud.

Yes they do but Wolves seem to have more than their fair share of long term injuries to newly signed players. ….,
Bouba….Sasa…. Chiquana…Hwang & Podence just in recent times.

Last edited:

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought Hodge looked brilliant when he came on.

Pressed constantly in the Moutinho role and played some good through balls.
Got to be honest I thought he played well and knocked some great balls. When I saw comments about him not being any good in the game last night, I was a bit mystified. I watched the game and thought he was good. Only issue is, he is a bit small like 4-5 of our players, so corners & freekicks with opponents height & physical advantage could be an issue. But it’s all about opinion.

Johnny5

Reaction score
Got to be honest I thought he played well and knocked some great balls. When I saw comments about him not being any good in the game last night, I was a bit mystified. I watched the game and thought he was good. Only issue is, he is a bit small like 4-5 of our players, so corners & freekicks with opponents height & physical advantage could be an issue. But it’s all about opinion.
A case of people's prejudice against the clubs strategy up to now IMO. I thought he did well too and the game swung more down to Villa taking Young off for Coutinho meaning we had another offensive player to be mindful of.
It's funny that people think we should just control a game for 90 mins away from home against an arguably a better team.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to get a central midfielder in now as Hodge doesnt look ready to me and Moutinho shouldnt be playing every game.
Agree. We need a CM in ideally. Hodge looks good but I think, because he’s young, people are giving him a bit more credit than he maybe deserves at this time - a bit like when Cundle started against Spurs. Hodge is decent but not ready for regular starts - and that’s what we need at the moment.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

We were the bigger team last night even with Hodge. Collins, Kilman, Costa, Nunes all gave us an edge in that department I felt, Cunha when he came on too is a big lad.

Definitely better than previous years.

Back
Top Bottom