Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Boubacar Traore

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So glad hes fit again, JL big admirer.

I think an engine room of Lemina,Gomes, Traore looks fantastic box to box wise.

Nunes to be creator alongside sarabia
I think the cm area is an area of the field we have had strength and options others would be jealous of. We Just need more goals!

The midfield and how it worked was probably stronger as a unit than most teams below City.

We are just so poor at scoring goals…….

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So glad hes fit again, JL big admirer.

I think an engine room of Lemina,Gomes, Traore looks fantastic box to box wise.

Nunes to be creator alongside sarabia
How do you fit them all in though?

I agree a 433 with a midfield 3 of Lemina (middle(6)) and Gomes/Traore (either side(8’s))
Could be v good.
Sarabia could work in the front 3, but I’m not sure Nunes does?

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I agree a 433 with a midfield 3 of Lemina (middle(6)) and Gomes/Traore (either side(8’s))
Could be v good.
Wouldn't necessarily play all at the same time.
Horses for courses plus CM is a really combative area and JL likes to rotate.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Could be v good.
JL makes numerous early substitutions and seems to play a “squad game” and different formations. Need players with complimentary and different attributes for that.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is young and might be ok but it’s a risk relying on him. He has so little experience
So how do young players who are good enough become experienced? You gain experience by playing and sometimes younger players are better than older “experienced” counterparts. So why let age/experience stop players getting the shirt if they deserve it or are ready to go from “prospect” to “front line option”

We rely on every player in the squad, drops in form and injuries and suspensions happen.

If you are good enough you are old enough.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like the idea of having him around next season. If we can get some healthy and genuine competition for the midfield places then I’m all for it.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t have a problem going into the season with Traore, Gomes and Lemina as our senior midfield three.
Could well be 2 of those 3 plus nunes drifting in from a wider starting position.
Then Hodge as a 4th choice for the more central 2 positions.

Personally I’m quite happy with our midfield options.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Could well be 2 of those 3 plus nunes drifting in from a wider starting position.
Then Hodge as a 4th choice for the more central 2 positions.

Personally I’m quite happy with our midfield options.
And/ or Cundle.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I think the key to all of the midfield is how we use Nunes. What I struggle with is that the thing he was sold on (and is outstanding at), is running through a busy midfield. You can't play a ball carrier as a wide midfielder (although apparently we can). If he starts the season playing in the front 3 of a 433 then we may as well still have Lage.

Midfield is certainly a squad game though under Lopetegui, in each game we're not unlikely to use all of Lemina, Gomes, Nunes, Boubacar.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the key to all of the midfield is how we use Nunes. What I struggle with is that the thing he was sold on (and is outstanding at), is running through a busy midfield. You can't play a ball carrier as a wide midfielder (although apparently we can). If he starts the season playing in the front 3 of a 433 then we may as well still have Lage.

Midfield is certainly a squad game though under Lopetegui, in each game we're not unlikely to use all of Lemina, Gomes, Nunes, Boubacar.
If we're playing a midfield three next season, as I expect we will, then I think we have to add a couple of midfielders to that mix. At a stretch, I think you could have Hodge or Cundle as a sixth choice, but need a proper replacement that can compete with those four, especially given Lemina's tendency to pick up niggles and Boubacar's long term injury. Hopefully we get Scott over the line, but I'm sure we have contingency targets lined up if that move falls through.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bouby is decent when he’s fit we’ve had him 1 season he was injured for id say 60% of it slightly disappointing considering his age

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bouby is decent when he’s fit we’ve had him 1 season he was injured for id say 60% of it slightly disappointing considering his age
I don't know how good he is because he played hardly any football, and the hardly any football that he played came at that awkward stage of the season when we were truly and unbelievably ****ing **** every week.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Well he’s just played 270 mins of football in the last 6 days so fingers crossed he’s fitter than before

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forgot to say after the Luton game, thought he was incredible. Not only his ability to press and win the ball back, but his ability to pick a pass and spring a counter attack.

He’s still a little rough around the edges as you’d expect after a long injury and being a young player, but I think he could be very special for us. There’s a little bit of Yaya Toure about him.

The future is really bright with him and Gomes in midfield for us.

Reaction score
Forgot to say after the Luton game, thought he was incredible. Not only his ability to press and win the ball back, but his ability to pick a pass and spring a counter attack.

He’s still a little rough around the edges as you’d expect after a long injury and being a young player, but I think he could be very special for us. There’s a little bit of Yaya Toure about him.

It's funny, with some players you wish they had more energy and intensity, Boubacar has an abundance of it and sometimes you wish he'd take a breath.
But I agree, I really rate him, he's got so much going for him in terms of midfield attributes and I think he's only going to get better!

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really like the bits I’ve seen of him so far. Looks a nightmare to play against and covers so much ground very quickly. He needs to learn how to not give away quite so many fowls/pick up bookings.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really like the bits I’ve seen of him so far. Looks a nightmare to play against and covers so much ground very quickly. He needs to learn how to not give away quite so many fowls/pick up bookings.
Yes I think Gomes is also quite similar in that sense. They both want to win every ball, it's the perfect mentality to have, but sometimes you have to find the right balance, it's a very fine art, see Casemiro!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He has massive Yaya Toure vibes about him!

I am super excited about him and how far he can go.

Arc

Groupie
Reaction score
Absolutely love the guy, thought he was in contention for motm in the luton game. Not only does he have fantastic defensive abilities with him covering so much ground, making a lot of tackles and breaking up attacks, but he's great at starting attacks and linking the offence and defense. Only 21 as well, massively underrated gem in our team

silverwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have a sneaky feeling that both he and Gomes will play a significant role this season. He may even be one of our key players. Excited to see him progress.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
JL makes numerous early substitutions and seems to play a “squad game” and different formations. Need players with complimentary and different attributes for that.

and also an extra 10-15 mins gas needed per game if this added time takes hold.

Back
Top Bottom