Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Blues sack Eustace

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Eustace was wanted by Rangers so it might actually work out ok for him.
Yeah I'd heard the same so it may be that Eustace possibly going to Rangers is actually the trigger

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know he is a household name but what has he really achieved at management level?14 wins in 53 games as DC boss according to google, not exactly inspiring
My strong suspicion is that Leroy Rosenior was behind much of the good stuff at Derby as Rooney's number two. He's doing a decent job at Hull now too.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rooney - Thaaaaats show business !!!!
Before the kick off they plan to have a Busby Berkley set with Rooney dressed up like P T Barnum
Dont you just LOVE it .
Soccer at its best .

Severnup

Groupie
Reaction score
Don't suppose every Brum fan is in favour of this. Eustace will find another job easily . If he doesn't go to Rangers there will be plenty other offers.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow. That is genuinely mad, unless something has happened behind the scenes that I've missed?

Didn't Blues do something as stupid as this previously?

edit: Gary Rowett had them in the play off spots, was sacked and replaced by Zola who then won 2 from 24 and resigned within 6 months.

Last edited:

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got to feel for Eustace, he’s done a good job there in a) keeping them up and b) having them in the playoffs.

However I’m sure I’m in a party of one with this but I’d love to see Blues come up. They like us have spent a long time in that division of death on and off for decades. Plus it’d keep the Sandwell lot quiet.
Make that two. But because as a Redditch Wolf I grew up surrounded by their fans, mostly ****s (they're a lot worse than Villa fans), who I'd love to see humbled by us and the PL. I quite like hating them tbh.

I still don't regret wishing the same for the Villa, despite how that's turned out and would go as far as to say (see you on the other side of a hard-to-argue-against ban) I'd like to see the **** up with us too. Having lived away from the West Midlands for 20 odd years, I get annoyed by how we're thought of as a football backwater. An easy 12 points too ;)

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blues and their fans. A load of poofaces. They literally have poo where their faces should be. Sticky, rancid poo with undigested sweetcorn kernels sticking out at jaunty angles.

Doesn't matter who they bring in. The new man will in turn become a pooface like the rest of their disgusting turd-afflicted brethren.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was thinking of writing a book about football clubs in Europe that have been successful when owned by a) Americans, and b) vulture funds. I'm struggling where to start.
Liverpool, both sides of the coin.
Nearly bankrupted by Hicks and Gillette, stabilised and given structure by FSG.
Are they ultimately responsible for their recent success, or was it more Edwards in recruitment that masterminded the whole thing? Who hired him and then who chose Klopp?

Bout the only one I can think of that’s been genuinely successful though.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, this is the problem, all we need to do is find a billionaire who made their money ethically and knows how to run a football club but doesn't mind losing £35m a year for the glory (although to be fair I think that will go with profit and sustainability). Shouldn't be too hard surely?
OK, OK. Stop twisting my arm.

I'll think about it.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
As this is a Blues thread, may I digress slightly, to ask locals, why is it that the Express and Star cover Wolves, West Brom, Villa, Walsall but not Birmingham City? Anyone know why? I guess if Wayne Rooney becomes their manager, they'll get national coverage!

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As this is a Blues thread, may I digress slightly, to ask locals, why is it that the Express and Star cover Wolves, West Brom, Villa, Walsall but not Birmingham City? Anyone know why? I guess if Wayne Rooney becomes their manager, they'll get national coverage!
It’s not really in their circulation area. Villa have way more fans within the traditional E&S circulation area so are included. Most blues fans are from a specific area of Birmingham. They would be more likely to have bought the Evening/Birmingham mail.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
It’s not really in their circulation area. Villa have way more fans within the traditional E&S circulation area so are included. Most blues fans are from a specific area of Birmingham. They would be more likely to have bought the Evening/Birmingham mail.
Thanks for your answer Spitfire.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
My Mrs is a Bluenose I used to go to their games and know a few of the old Zulu lads, well enough to pop into The Garrison for a pre-match beer when we played them.

They are a more decent crowd than the Viiiila lot, and hope this doesn't go tits up for them, though I fear it will.

Will never forget the night following the Monday night derby at St Andrews when Villa let in that bizarre own goal. Was in the Adam and Eve afterwards and the door opened and a cab driver shouts "Taxi for Enklemann!" place was in fits.....

jeb01

Reaction score
Call me old, sad, daft whatever you want but I don't half miss our games against the likes of Blues.....a proper match with an edge.....home or away......would much rather be going to St Andrews a week on Saturday, than Bournemouth
For someone like me, now living in Poole, but having been numerous times to St. Andrews over the years, that is quite a comparison.

Walking out of Dean Court (or whatever B’mth call their ground these days), you are highly unlikely to be dodging bottles and/or bricks being thrown over the wall dividing you from the exiting home fans; nor are you likely to have some ****** high on something, walking alongside you down the hill demanding a fight; nor is there going to be a large scale confrontation at the roundabout at the bottom of the said hill; nor is some nutter going to come charging out of a pub waving a knife and shouting obscenities.

All of these delights await at St. Andrews, and others besides, and you don’t need to be wearing “colours” either.

Now, weighing all this up, and taking a detached, objective view I think I’m happy to have Birmingham City fans keeping right on to the end of whatever road leads them in the opposite direction from me!

I thank you.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For someone like me, now living in Poole, but having been numerous times to St. Andrews over the years, that is quite a comparison.

Walking out of Dean Court (or whatever B’mth call their ground these days), you are highly unlikely to be dodging bottles and/or bricks being thrown over the wall dividing you from the exiting home fans; nor are you likely to have some ****** high on something, walking alongside you down the hill demanding a fight; nor is there going to be a large scale confrontation at the roundabout at the bottom of the said hill; nor is some nutter going to come charging out of a pub waving a knife and shouting obscenities.

All of these delights await at St. Andrews, and others besides, and you don’t need to be wearing “colours” either.

Now, weighing all this up, and taking a detached, objective view I think I’m happy to have Birmingham City fans keeping right on to the end of whatever road leads them in the opposite direction from me!

I thank you.
Could write a book on stories from Birmingham games.......as i said call me daft....................but would struggle to write a sentence from games with Bournemouth......thats me point.....

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

I thank you.
The only time I've ever been harmed at a game was against Blues at St Andrews. It was in the 1990s in the game that we were 2-0 up at half-time and drew 2-2. Had no colours on but committed the crime of walking in the wrong direction to the blues fans when coming out of the away end. Got hit on the head by a thrown building brick and when I was on the floor bleeding someone launched another brick into my head. At the same time the dad of two small kids in Wolves scarves was being seriously beaten up as his scared kids cried their eyes out. Then someone pulled a knife out but thankfully the police came along, loaded us into a van and drove us to hospital. Was fortunate that I had no skull fractures but had massive cuts, swelling and bruising. Required multiple stitches, all thankfully under my hair and not on my face. Took months to recover. Fair to say I've never been back to St Andrews.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big mistake IMHO sacking a guy that's got a rag tag group into 5th in the Championship after years of just avoiding league one . The players and fans are all behind him and the rug is pulled ..........its the third time this has happened at Blues. Rooney ? Great player but done zero as a manager and I can't see that changing .
That said , i remember when Brian Little was ousted at Wolves in favour of Graham Turner . Brian got us all behind him and got sacked after about 10 games . We all sang pro Brian Little songs on the South Bank for a few games until we realised Turner had something special about him ..........Will always be a real Wolves legend .

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Call me old, sad, daft whatever you want but I don't half miss our games against the likes of Blues.....a proper match with an edge.....home or away......would much rather be going to St Andrews a week on Saturday, than Bournemouth away......
****ing too right

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only time I've ever been harmed at a game was against Blues at St Andrews. It was in the 1990s in the game that we were 2-0 up at half-time and drew 2-2. Had no colours on but committed the crime of walking in the wrong direction to the blues fans when coming out of the away end. Got hit on the head by a thrown building brick and when I was on the floor bleeding someone launched another brick into my head. At the same time the dad of two small kids in Wolves scarves was being seriously beaten up as his scared kids cried their eyes out. Then someone pulled a knife out but thankfully the police came along, loaded us into a van and drove us to hospital. Was fortunate that I had no skull fractures but had massive cuts, swelling and bruising. Required multiple stitches, all thankfully under my hair and not on my face. Took months to recover. Fair to say I've never been back to St Andrews.
I’ve been quite a few times and always seen some trouble. I remember walking up the road and a lad with no shirt on drenched in blood and holding teeth in his hand saying ‘I wouldn’t go up there wearing that if I were you’

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big mistake IMHO sacking a guy that's got a rag tag group into 5th in the Championship after years of just avoiding league one . The players and fans are all behind him and the rug is pulled ..........its the third time this has happened at Blues. Rooney ? Great player but done zero as a manager and I can't see that changing .
That said , i remember when Brian Little was ousted at Wolves in favour of Graham Turner . Brian got us all behind him and got sacked after about 10 games . We all sang pro Brian Little songs on the South Bank for a few games until we realised Turner had something special about him ..........Will always be a real Wolves legend .
I backed Graham Turner as he was a Wolves fan and Little was a vile,so we weren`t all behind Little

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that mate......... although I say I enjoyed, in some ways going to blues , there were always certain rules involved......made the error once about 4 of us going in a car and getting done over, early 90s......never again....been going from the 80s but always made sure I went with the crowd as such .... safety in numbers.....as I said could write a book on experiences , from the usual stuff with knives etc...... bizarre stuff from both sides really....

Even ended up getting arrested at the one game, I kid you not trying to help out one of our lot , who was getting racially attacked by WMP.....which was later chucked out at court......the incident was caused by two large groups trying to attack each other in digbeth in the pitch black that in the end , both turned out to be wolves fans... bizarrely...

Last edited:

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
The last time I went to the Blues I was in the main stand .It was the game when Golbourne made a huge error to gift them the winner .When we came out their fans were hurling bricks and stones at the Wolves fans and coaches in the compound.We were shunted left behind a police van with only a thin police line separating the fans as we shuffled along.I was right next to the Wolves fans who were giving me right pelters on the Blues side but because I wasn’t wearing colours I didn’t say a thing .When we got down to the big island it all kicked off and some Blues fan got badly injured .We managed to deviate right and walk through Digbeth with their fans hanging out the pubs .I won’t say I was scared but definitely felt uneasy and have encountered worse at places like Chelsea,Maine Road (as was) Middlesbrough and Millwall amongst others .Thankfully these days ,if you are sensible you can avoid trouble but there are still some idiots about unfortunately

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everybody has bad experience off coming out the gate at St Andrews but when you look at it logically it should be one of the easiest grounds to police...Shut the gate, leave fans in the.stand for a bit and don't let them exit at the same time...

But that's to simple for WMP , who main concern should be protecting the normal fans ...but they ain't interested in that.....Open the gate, stock the cameras on the roof opposite and let's get who we want to catch....

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Everybody has bad experience off coming out the gate at St Andrews but when you look at it logically it should be one of the easiest grounds to police...Shut the gate, leave fans in the.stand for a bit and don't let them exit at the same time...

But that's to simple for WMP , who main concern should be protecting the normal fans ...but they ain't interested in that.....Open the gate, stock the cameras on the roof opposite and let's get who we want to catch....
Not for me really, when we got locked in the coach park all that happened is all the 'normal' home fans left and they knew anyone coming out was a Wolves fan. Always worked best when everyone came out together and just merged down the road. Locking away fans in for 15 minutes after the whistle always seemed a nightmare everywhere to me (Filbert St being a particular one!)

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Will they change their name to Wayne Rodney's Birmingham City and change the colour of their home strip to red like Cardiff did?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not for me really, when we got locked in the coach park all that happened is all the 'normal' home fans left and they knew anyone coming out was a Wolves fan. Always worked best when everyone came out together and just merged down the road. Locking away fans in for 15 minutes after the whistle always seemed a nightmare everywhere to me (Filbert St being a particular one!)
Yes there is that.......I do remember a game at St Andrews , think it was a Sunday afternoon mid 90s if I'm right .....they decided to keep the wolves fans back.....think there was at least a 1500 marching down the road , after they had dispersed the blues........WMP decided in the infinite wisdom the once we reached the island there was no way they was letting us march through digbeth......so blocked the island off and made us walk right towards Aston...... marching, marching , marching for hours......they had to actually take us up the slip road on the Aston expressway , and close it ,they were that confused.......

It took us hours to get to New Street......still not as bad as after the Albion one year when they marched us all the way back to the "pie factory" in Tipton......6 miles nearly..

Last edited:

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As far as Eustace goes is there a better candidate for the Shef W job...........if he would want it?

Back
Top Bottom