Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Blues sack Eustace

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember the Blues firing Jimmy Smith in 1982 when he was doing a good job in the top league with a mixture of youth and experience, so they could bring in Ron Saunders. Within 18 months they were relegated to Division 2 as it was back then. Saunders did get them back up, but relegation was hardly the plan when they sacked ' The Bald Eagle'. After leaving Birmingham, Ron Saunders went to Sandwell where of course he became a folk hero at Wolves as he gave us Bully, Thommo, Ali Robertson and Robbie Dennison !!!!!

The sacking of John Eustace is the 3rd time the Blues have done this, when added to the daft departure of Gary Rowett. Of course, I seem to recall that when Gianfranco Zola replaced Gary Rowett , the Italian won only about two games but it was no shock to remember one of them was a Sky live game at Molineux when ' the legend in his own mind ' Lambert was in charge !

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
blues ? what teams that then ?

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember the Blues firing Jimmy Smith in 1982 when he was doing a good job in the top league with a mixture of youth and experience, so they could bring in Ron Saunders. Within 18 months they were relegated to Division 2 as it was back then. Saunders did get them back up, but relegation was hardly the plan when they sacked ' The Bald Eagle'. After leaving Birmingham, Ron Saunders went to Sandwell where of course he became a folk hero at Wolves as he gave us Bully, Thommo, Ali Robertson and Robbie Dennison !!!!!

The sacking of John Eustace is the 3rd time the Blues have done this, when added to the daft departure of Gary Rowett. Of course, I seem to recall that when Gianfranco Zola replaced Gary Rowett , the Italian won only about two games but it was no shock to remember one of them was a Sky live game at Molineux when ' the legend in his own mind ' Lambert was in charge !

Ron Saunders is my favourite ever Albion manager. :)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I‘m not sure. I thought it was Tony Book, but I could be wrong.
Book was caretaker until Saunders was appointed in November 1973 and was then the latter's assistant. Saunders left in April 1974 and Book became manager until 1979. The League Cup final was in March 1974....

Did we get Saunders sacked???

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having read the posts on this thread I have realised there is nothing in here about Wolves and come to the conclusion that I don't give a damn about Blues.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have a favourite Albion manager!!! Go wash your mouth or in this case the finger that typed this....and stand on the naughty step for at least twenty minutes. ;) :cool::D
Oh, l don't know..... l have several favourite Albion managers.... they all did a great job by being utterly crap, lol....

Bet some Boggies reckon Tommy Doc, Clownders, Staale, Clipboard are their favourites...

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I want Rooney to become a good manager. I wanted Gerrard and Lampard to, too. Was convinced one of them, or more, were future England managers. You never can tell who will make it... Lampard seems to have everything you could need to be a good manager, but just .... isn't. Gerrard.... maybe redeemable? But awful in England. Not too late for Rooney.

Hope he makes it, even if it benefits the bluenoses.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have a favourite Albion manager!!! Go wash your mouth or in this case the finger that typed this....and stand on the naughty step for at least twenty minutes. ;) :cool::D

I feel suitably admonished, though in my defence I only said that because he allowed Stephen George Bull to cross the Black Country, not to mention Andy Thompson, Robble Dennison and Ali Robertson. A very fine gesture indeed :)

Last edited:

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I feel suitably admonished, though in my defence I only said that because he allowed Stephen George Bull to cross the Black Country, not mention Andy Thomson, Robble Dennison and Ali Robertson. A very fine gesture indeed :)
Surely he’s every Wolves fan’s favourite Albion manager for those reasons :D.
Maybe pushed close by Bobby Gould who took them into division 3?

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Book was caretaker until Saunders was appointed in November 1973 and was then the latter's assistant. Saunders left in April 1974 and Book became manager until 1979. The League Cup final was in March 1974....

Did we get Saunders sacked???

Ron Saunders was sacked after the veteran players in the City squad, men such as Franny Lee, Mike Summerbee, Denis Law, Colin Bell and that well known Wolves hater Rodney Marsh led a revolt against him. While the League Cup was the not the sole reason he got fired it gave that man with a comb over straight out of the school of shocking hair, City Chairman Peter Swales the perfect excuse to fire Saunders.

After his experience at City when he went to Villa he made sure that any veteran players who had the directors ears as the City dissidents had were sold ASAP.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s a shrewd move, good publicity, can pull in players. Won’t be any better than they got rid of but with the advantage of a name.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
.... and Jim Smith promptly went to Oxford who he got promoted and then QPR who he took to the League Cup final

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I want Rooney to become a good manager. I wanted Gerrard and Lampard to, too. Was convinced one of them, or more, were future England managers. You never can tell who will make it... Lampard seems to have everything you could need to be a good manager, but just .... isn't. Gerrard.... maybe redeemable? But awful in England. Not too late for Rooney.

Hope he makes it, even if it benefits the bluenoses.
The stuff I've heard about Gerrard at Villa, he'll never be a good manager, not talking to players, not doing team talks, not involved in training etc etc

Back
Top Bottom