Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Blackburn

M

morosewolf

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18686621

If the fans get behind the manager/team next year. I think they will be a force to be reckoned with. Have a core of young players already in the 1st team. Made the final of the FA Youth Cup this year and are splashing the case (particularly on wages)

D

dazmanwolf

They are our main threat out of the relegated sides. Building a decent low budget squad.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
36yr old nuno gomez?! He is gonna love soem crappy northern town on a cold November morning. yours!

A

andyc225

Gomez would've been an unbelievable signing 10 years ago. Now he's just another 36 year old looking for a final payday, much like Danny Murphy who was released by Fulham at the end of his contract. I think young players are the way to go, rather than punditry dodgers. We've tried that before, and it didn't work.

MobNet Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm very worried. Afterall they are so well run and have such a shrewd manager.

Waggy's Boots

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kean and the Venkys are still in place so the chances of the fans getting behind them are slim...especuially if they dont win a few early on....

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
The Venky's are getting stuffed from the inside....

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are our main threat out of the relegated sides. Building a decent low budget squad.

Low budget squad?

Murphy & Gomez will be on pretty high wages IMO.

Same with Dunn, N'Zonzi, Robinson, Pedersen, Givet, Best, Vukcevic will all be on a fair decent wack too IMO.

But never fear, so long as Kean is in charge they still have a huge chance of ****ing things up.

Also if they lose most of those mentioned above, it's going to be a tough ask for their youngsters (no matter how good) to get promoted from this division.

F

FLEET WOLF

Kean and the Venkys are still in place so the chances of the fans getting behind them are slim...especuially if they dont win a few early on....

Exactly, I can see it all going wrong for them (hope so anyway!). With any luck, they will sack Kean and bring in Shearer to nail down a relegation place.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After finsihing above us last season despite all their trevails if they do the same this season and get promoted then Moxey and Morgan should hang their heads in shame, there's no way we can be considered well run if we finish below Blackburn two seasons in a row despite the comedy behind the scenes there.

R

reanswolf

Murphy & Best are two very good signings - imagine how we would be if we got them. But as usual its other clubs making the quality signings. As i said earlier (and got slaughtered for it), Blackburn & bolton will get good players in becos they pay wages.

W

Woffles

Murphy & Best are two very good signings - imagine how we would be if we got them. But as usual its other clubs making the quality signings. As i said earlier (and got slaughtered for it), Blackburn & bolton will get good players in becos they pay wages.

Murphy is a good player, but seeing as he's getting on a bit and a season or two back cried like a big babby because the rough boys from those nasty Northern teams were being mean to him, is he really going to fancy it in the Championship against teams full of 6 foot snotters without the Premier Referees Best Mates club to come to his rescue?

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomez would've been an unbelievable signing 10 years ago. Now he's just another 36 year old looking for a final payday, much like Danny Murphy who was released by Fulham at the end of his contract. I think young players are the way to go, rather than punditry dodgers. We've tried that before, and it didn't work.

Oh yeh. Ince and Irwin?

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well it didnt did it. We got relegated. We need to think longer term than 1 season.

Helped us get out of The Championship though didn't it? I'm not advocating that Blackburn will go up and Gomes and Murphy will be pivotal for them am I? They're two good signings in my opinion, particularly Murphy. They have a good mix of youth and experience in midfield.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are they building a squad or trying to win over the fans?

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Them and us and Blackpool will be the top 3 battling it out next season IMHO, just like when it was us, Brum and Reading. The rest will be a few points behind the top 3.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bolton will be streets ahead of Blackburn by the time the season starts.

And Kean is a tool.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are rather harsh on Kean, Hogan. I think he is a shrewder manager than many give him credit for. I understand Bolton are a £100m in debt which suggests to me they have very little scope to invest. They do have Coyle who is a shrewd manager and has got Burnley out of this division in the past. Others will also threaten. As I've said previously we should not take it that we will automatically be chasing a promotion place this coming season.

D

Dewsburywolf

Bolton are £100 million+ in debt to one of their own directors, a bit like Chelsea are "in debt" to Abromovich

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are rather harsh on Kean, Hogan. I think he is a shrewder manager than many give him credit for. I understand Bolton are a £100m in debt which suggests to me they have very little scope to invest. They do have Coyle who is a shrewd manager and has got Burnley out of this division in the past. Others will also threaten. As I've said previously we should not take it that we will automatically be chasing a promotion place this coming season.

Based on?

R

reanswolf

Reans why do you think we don't?

I'm not sure why bud, we just dont pay comparable wages. I sadly, really do expect both Blackburn and Bolton to be right up there as top two.

I am not sure where we will be, but compare our two signings to there's, says it all.

Someone else says whats the difference between Fletch and jarvo, and the wages for those two Blackburn have bought. Probably little - but the significant difference is we are going to lose our "premiership" wage players, they are paying similar wages as a "Championship" club bringing IN new players.

UEAwolf

Reaction score

I'd take Sigurdarson (due to his potential and emerging reputation) over Leon Best. Whilst I can see the attraction of Danny Murphy - particularly at this level - I'm not dismayed we haven't gone in for him considering his age and declining fitness levels.

Blackburn have also signed 36yr old Nuno Gomes. Presumably on decent wages - is he considerably better than any of our current strikers? Not in my opinion.

I think this is an unfair stick to beat the club with. Financial prudence isn't something to be sneered at.

B

bridgnorthwolf

Reminds me of the McGhee Wolves in a way. Danny Murphy could be a shrewd buy, the rest not so much.

Leon Best is worth a third of that at most. Sigurdarson, I hope, will be in a totally different league. I didn't see David Moyes checking out Leon Best.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reminds me of the McGhee Wolves in a way. Danny Murphy could be a shrewd buy, the rest not so much.

Leon Best is worth a third of that at most. Sigurdarson, I hope, will be in a totally different league. I didn't see David Moyes checking out Leon Best.

Leon Best is a good player, an excellent finisher. I'll be suprised if he doesn't pass the 20+ goals a season mark in the championship now.

H

Hampshire Wanderer

Agree with bridgnorthwolf, Murphy is a decent signing but the rest?! I'm not so sure! I think regardless of who they buy, the fans won't be happy until Kean and Venkys have gone.

F

FLEET WOLF

Agree with bridgnorthwolf, Murphy is a decent signing but the rest?! I'm not so sure! I think regardless of who they buy, the fans won't be happy until Kean and Venkys have gone.

Correct and I am also not convinced that Bolton will be automatically up there either, far from it in fact.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not concerned about their signings so far, although think Best is a pretty good acquisition at Championship level and Murphy may have one more decent season in him. Main concern is that more of their better players leave. Yakubu and Robinson have gone but would like to see N'Zonzi, Olsson, Pedersen and Hoilett in particular, who is out of contract, disappear from their ranks. Bolton are likely to be more of a danger I would think.

SuperTigerWolf

Reaction score
Not concerned about their signings so far, although think Best is a pretty good acquisition at Championship level and Murphy may have one more decent season in him. Main concern is that more of their better players leave. Yakubu and Robinson have gone but would like to see N'Zonzi, Olsson, Pedersen and Hoilett in particular, who is out of contract, disappear from their ranks. Bolton are likely to be more of a danger I would think.

Hasn't Hoilett already gone to Germany? Hoping Best will continue to miss large chunks through injury.

Back
Top Bottom