Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Blackburn After Davis

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I definatly wouldn't sell and can't believe people are suggesting we should. He has improved game on game in a declining side over the last 18 months and was brilliant in his last outing at Small Heath. Davis along with Bathh are the young players we should be building the side around, I am staggered people think otherwise, with people also dismissing Doumbia too I think I will take my grandson and his boots to the first game after the window closes, after all he is younger and looks OK at centre mid for his u10 side.

Agree with this.

E

Essex Wolf

I'd be a bit disappointed as well as surprised if Davis was a regular because I really don't think he's that special.

For a 7 figure fee I'd say sell but only if a replacement was signed up immediately.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Doubt v much Blackburn have interest in the same way I doubt Arsenal have ever had interest in Doyle.

More likely Davis' agent behind this. Is he looking for a new contract by any chance?

Only other explanation is Wolves are trying to shift him but doesn't seem too likely.

S

Star 7

This. I'm staggered by the reaction of some on here, not so surprised by the short sightedness of others. Davis can be the driving force of this team going forward and people are happy to move on??
O'Hara back in, give me a break. Doumbia??? jesus wept.

Agree 100%

This chap by me was slagging Davis off all game against Real Betis which was really doing my head in

He's what 22 and you lot suggest we sell and use Doumbia who only turns up for 45 minutes or O'Hara who's a disgrace to this club!!

I can imagine you lot saying we sell Danny Batth if he makes 1 blunder during the course of this season

molinew

Reaction score
He's shown great promise and is still only 22.

Not every player can break through at 17/18 like Rooney or Gerrard or Phil Jones.

At Blues away he was absolutely unstoppable, with two fantastic assists and a hand in the other goal IIRC.

He has the potential to be the all-action midfielder we're all crying out for, as opposed to the one dimensional types like Henry or Mjlijas who were good in one area yet limited in most others, yet people on here think we should let him go. I find this very strange.

If we want the young lads to shine, we really have to back them.

"Ah he's alright I guess...", as much as we're entitled to our opinions on here, won't be good enough on the terraces this season. These are our young Wolves and they simply must be backed.

We're getting rid of the wasters, now it's time to throw everything behind the young lads and they'll give 100% back.

Selling them off before they've really had a chance, even suggestions of such, doesn't help anybody. Not the players, not us either.

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's shown great promise and is still only 22.

Not every player can break through at 17/18 like Rooney or Gerrard or Phil Jones.

At Blues away he was absolutely unstoppable, with two fantastic assists and a hand in the other goal IIRC.

He has the potential to be the all-action midfielder we're all crying out for, as opposed to the one dimensional types like Henry or Mjlijas who were good in one area yet limited in most others, yet people on here think we should let him go. I find this very strange.

If we want the young lads to shine, we really have to back them.

"Ah he's alright I guess...", as much as we're entitled to our opinions on here, won't be good enough on the terraces this season. These are our young Wolves and they simply must be backed.

We're getting rid of the wasters, now it's time to throw everything behind the young lads and they'll give 100% back.

Selling them off before they've really had a chance, even suggestions of such, doesn't help anybody. Not the players, not us either.

Tbf Milijas wasn't one dimensional

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The same thing happened with Keith Andrews, who was targetted by sections of our support, he's gone on to do alright for himself.

People need to remember that Davis came into a group of players bereft of confidence and showing no signs of being anything like a team, to judge him after a handful of appearances alongside Henry, O'Hara et al is hugely unfair.

Give the lad a break.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Great news. I can't believe how Edwards gets stick yet David Davis is somehow viewed with admiration.

I'd sell him for half that.

L

luckyjim

Haven't really seen anything from Davis to suggest he's anything other than a lower-champ (if that) or standard League 1 player. If we had a replacement lined up, then I would certainly let him go.

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He has some potential but he is wildly inconsistent. I think he is a poor player at Championship level. His passing, most of the time, is absolutely abysmal - probably the worst passer I can remember playing in a Wolves midfield and then occasionaly he will come up with a match winner.

He has a lot of work to do on the consistency of his game, not unusual for younger players, if he wants to make it at any level, it just depends if KJ thinks he can improve him sufficiently to make it worthwhile turning down any offer.

If £1m is seriously the number being thrown around I think we would have to take it, he just isn't a good enough player to be turning down those sums.

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So posters are saying that we sell a very good player to a team in a league above, in order to get some money in.......so then we will bring in?

Jesus wept.......it's this sort of foolish thinking that has us where we are today.

That's the problem. I just don't think he has proven himself to be a "very good player" or even close to that. He may, given time, but he certainly isn't anywhere near that standard yet.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Welcoming bids for Doumbia first and now Davis, I despair.

All good though, I suppose Frimpong will come in.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent news , another player not good enough who we can move on .

I would be interested to know who we perceive "good enough", as most of the playing staff have received a metaphorical kicking on this forum at some time or other, including the recently acquired Mr Ricketts.

Personally at the age he is I would keep him unless of course the offer on the table is outrageous (Gareth Bale comes to mind).

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope we tell Blackburn to do one. Davis should be a key player this year and in the future. Will set a good example if we give a firm "hands off".

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news. I can't believe how Edwards gets stick yet David Davis is somehow viewed with admiration.

How many championship clubs have come in for Edwards?

M

MonkeySpanner

I still can't get over that Blackburn are in a division above us.

Got to be one of the worst run clubs ever! Oh sorry Jez, that's us.

Can't why we would sell him when all the hype has been back on the youngsters. Would undermine everything we've been spouting on about over the last three months.

F

foowolf

I would sell for a decent price and stick Doyle in midfield.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
That's the problem. I just don't think he has proven himself to be a "very good player" or even close to that. He may, given time, but he certainly isn't anywhere near that standard yet.

The ability is clearly there.....he just hasn't been able to have a good run in the team. This season is his chance to show – he has to come to the party..... much like our 'PL' players who have no excuse whatsoever.

A clue is in the fact that a club wanting to get into the PL is actually looking to bring him in if these reports are to be believed.

It wouldn't surprise me if we foolishly decided to sell, that other clubs would be interested too.

The Eternal Flame

Reaction score
I can't believe the postings I read on here. A young home grown player breaks into the team last season eventually keeping the club captain and established midfield leader out of the team on merit and then just because he hasn't played like Claude Makélelé in every game in pre-season is rounded on by the fans. Davis is exactly the type of player we need hold on to whilst we are playing at this level. Try getting behind the lad and encouraging him for once, but then again with all of the old scapegoats leaving you all need someone else to turn on.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So posters are saying that we sell a very good player to a team in a league above, in order to get some money in.......so then we will bring in?

Jesus wept.......it's this sort of foolish thinking that has us where we are today.

Too true. What people are failing to realise is that not even half of the sales we've made in the past have been reinvested back into the squad.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Who would you replace him with?

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't believe the postings I read on here. A young home grown player breaks into the team last season eventually keeping the club captain and established midfield leader out of the team on merit and then just because he hasn't played like Claude Makélelé in every game in pre-season is rounded on by the fans. Davis is exactly the type of player we need hold on to whilst we are playing at this level. Try getting behind the lad and encouraging him for once, but then again with all of the old scapegoats leaving you all need someone else to turn on.
Totally agree. I'd much rather see Davis in the shirt and I certainly would be more prepared to forgive him any mistakes than the likes of O'Hara.
Having said that I reckon with a prolonged run in the midfield he will do well.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree. I'd much rather see Davis in the shirt and I certainly would be more prepared to forgive him any mistakes than the likes of O'Hara.
Having said that I reckon with a prolonged run in the midfield he will do well.

Correct. Davis needs a run of games before we can truly judge him.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I think Davis is a decent player on his day but I do get the impression some of his fans are really overrating him a bit especially the bit about him being the future. I do feel If Blackburn offered us something In the area of £1.5-2M I'd sell he's 22-23 years of age It's not like he is 18-19 year old prospect , He might get better but I'm not so sure he looks like another Stearman type to me he will always have a mistake or 2 in him.

TBH what I have seen of Evans I'm far more impressed with him as potentially our future he looks comfortable composed on the ball in fact he looks a bit classy to me.

C

cooper_J

I've not seen anything of Price, Evans etc. How do they compare to Davis?

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he's been very average in most of his apearances. Evans seems to be staking a strong claim to start in CM a did like to see a more experienced player alongside him than Davis. If KJ feels the same and doesn't see Davis as a starter when everyone is fit I'd sell and buy an experienced player in his place. I've seen nothing apart from one game to suggest Davis is worth a million!

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Who would you replace him with?

One of the youngsters who show real promise - Price & Evans. Foley would do a job as a DM in League 1, and i'm sure that there are free agents out there who are equally as good as Davis.

If any club offers x hundred grand, we should jump at the opportunity.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of the youngsters who show real promise - Price & Evans. Foley would do a job as a DM in League 1, and i'm sure that there are free agents out there who are equally as good as Davis.

To be fair I would like to know who the free agents are we could realistically get who are better than Davis. Would be suicide to pair Evans and Price together at this stage in my opinion. Foley may do a job but I would prefer young Davis there to progress and grow into the role rather than a makeshift player there.

P

Paul76

Stupid to say sell Davis. He's young, rated by Wolves and on relatively low wages. It is absolutely ridiculous to judge Davis as of yet. He's only just broken into the first team squad.

This is his big season where he'll either shine or his career will go down the toilet. Keep him and see what he can do this year.

Would be folly to sell him now when we've not even given him a chance to shine.

The overpaid wasters can $$$$ off. We have to give the youth a chance and realise their potential.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

There are huge assumptions here. For one thing the 'free' in free agent doesn't mean that he doesn't cost anything, to get a player who we could be confident would do the job would probably cost a lot more in wages / signing on fee. Also we have a game in 2 days, how long will it take to get someone in? What if we can't - apparently nobody will come to L1. What does it do to the rest of the squad if we just sell anyone that we get an offer for? All the big earners are effectively up for sale officially or unofficially already. If we are basing our future on committed youngsters then at least let's keep those!

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The ability is clearly there.....he just hasn't been able to have a good run in the team. This season is his chance to show – he has to come to the party..... much like our 'PL' players who have no excuse whatsoever.

A clue is in the fact that a club wanting to get into the PL is actually looking to bring him in if these reports are to be believed.

It wouldn't surprise me if we foolishly decided to sell, that other clubs would be interested too.

I agree, he definitely has something, which is why I find it so frustrating that he spends so much of the time giving the ball away with sloppy passes. If we had more decent midfielders I would probably sell him for a decent price but I don't think we really have that option.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt this will happen for now as Blackburn have just signed Tom Cairney.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i remember the game against them at Molineux last season and its not a surprise they want him, he proved how good he is at passing to Blackburn players that day

Back
Top Bottom