Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Blackburn After Davis

J

Jamesjh89

You can guarentee the people wanting to sell him will be the ones saying "another player who has done well since he left wolves"

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
This.

I can't understand why some are so willing to let an academy graduate go, and a decent one at that. Judging by the pre season games, he will be number one centre midfielder this season for Jackett and personally I would much rather Davis play than Foley or Doumbia.

Spot on with all of that.

The 'supporters' should be giving these players their full backing.

D

Deleted member 4023

If we'd purchased murphy then yes - but we didn't & our squad isn't good enough at this current time

blaenboy

Reaction score
It's typical Wolves fan stuff, moan about not playing the youngsters then write them off once they've played more than a handful of games :rolleyes:

Extraordinary how most Wolves players get such abuse from our own supporters, but it is a recurring theme.I think Davis is a good player who unfortunately did not really demonstrate any great progression as the season went on- quite probably because of the shambles that we were. He is young, home-grown and has potential. I think he could be an important player for us this season.It would be a shame to sell him, but in football money does not talk, it swears.

W

WV1Wolf

I just don't get a large portion of the posters on here!!.

Everybody was singing this guys praises when he broke through in our final few months in the prem and now your all saying he isn't good enough.

He is the kind of player we need to build our team around for the next 3-5 yrs not get shot of him at the first sign of interest from another club.

Get a grip FFS!!!!.

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few iffy performances but so has everyone. Jackett gets him switched on properly and we have a fine player on our hands.

In a season or 2 he'll be a shoe-in and the scapegoaters will have long since moved on to some other poor sod.

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he was really starting to make an impact last season and that frankly our hopes of staying up faltered significantly without him.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven't written him off I just don't think he's that good. Nothing more nothing less.

W

Wordsley_Wolves

Completely agree with WalsallWolf - he and Danny Batth are the most promising of the young stars - he is still prone to the odd error as on Saturday but in general he runs our centre midfield in most games he plays - Birmingham away and even last weekend I thought he looked v good - far better than Karl Henry at his best!

Would be majorly disappointed if he goes!

C

cedric harper

WE have had poor to awful managers for the last 18 months so what chance has he had to develop. The guy is only 22 and KJ could bring him on leaps and bounds, yet some of the brain dead morons on here think we should take a few quid offered for him and you can guarantee we will not spend any of it on a new signing to replace him.

Think some of the posters on here want us to be a non league team ffs.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
If this is what greets our next crop of academy graduates God help us! Did the people who think he is no good go the Blues last year? I don't know too much about Evans and Price, but for me Davis is an essential part of our already threadbare midfield.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As with everything it depends on the price. If and it's a huge if they offered £1m then I would take it because I don't think he is that good - or nearer to the truth what we need right now. From the little I have seen Evans and Price are potentially much better long term. Right now I would rather have some experience to call on in midfield.

Give him 5 years and he might be a top championship player but for this season I would sell and bring in someone more appropriate to our needs.

If he stays great but I am not fussed either way - not like I would be if it was Batth or McAlinden.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

W

Wichenford Wolf

Given the responsibility of defensive midfield now that Karl has moved on, Davis may prove to be the player of the season. I can see no logic in selling him now unless it is for a ridiculous amount.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of you need to wind your necks in. As usual, completely OTT comments from those who dare have an opinion that differs!

ManSolo

Reaction score
Davis will be integral to the team this season.

Some posters on here need their head examined.

W

wanderer24

I definatly wouldn't sell and can't believe people are suggesting we should. He has improved game on game in a declining side over the last 18 months and was brilliant in his last outing at Small Heath. Davis along with Bathh are the young players we should be building the side around, I am staggered people think otherwise, with people also dismissing Doumbia too I think I will take my grandson and his boots to the first game after the window closes, after all he is younger and looks OK at centre mid for his u10 side.

This. I'm staggered by the reaction of some on here, not so surprised by the short sightedness of others. Davis can be the driving force of this team going forward and people are happy to move on??
O'Hara back in, give me a break. Doumbia??? jesus wept.

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless he's being replaced by Sergio Busquets he has to stay he will be a good player for us this year

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I definatly wouldn't sell and can't believe people are suggesting we should. He has improved game on game in a declining side over the last 18 months and was brilliant in his last outing at Small Heath. Davis along with Bathh are the young players we should be building the side around, I am staggered people think otherwise, with people also dismissing Doumbia too I think I will take my grandson and his boots to the first game after the window closes, after all he is younger and looks OK at centre mid for his u10 side.

Spot on.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Won't be going anywhere, very highly rated by the Head Coach.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So posters are saying that we sell a very good player to a team in a league above, in order to get some money in.......so then we will bring in?

Jesus wept.......it's this sort of foolish thinking that has us where we are today.

Exactly. With our record of signing players this summer what is the point in selling him as we wont replace him.

D

Dewsburywolf

Karl Henry.

Dews, you leave yourself wide open

:confused: :confused:

Not with you, are you implying that I don't think Karl Henry's good enough for us in the third tier or even for team a division higher? Don't recall ever saying that either on here or to you in person. All I've said on the subject of Karl Henry is that something must have gone on behind the scenes for him to be ostracised to training with the Development squad, a theory you pooh-poohed IIRC

albell

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Has the potential to improve and be an important member of the team but tbh I haven't been overly impressed with him so far.

I'm on the fence...I would be equally content if we kept him or sold him for a decent fee.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i would like to see him have a full season in this division,before being too drastic with my comments.Hope the lad kicks on this year.

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we were to get a million or so for him I think we could replace him with better. He's not particularly strong in the tackle and he has a tendency to switch off. As we saw against Real Betis and against Bristol City last season, he's got a silly mistake in him too.

In fairness that was IK's fault for giving him the ball in a ridiculous area and under pressure, and then taking a golf swing

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Some of you need to wind your necks in. As usual, completely OTT comments from those who dare have an opinion that differs!

Correct! :)

Once the eyes have popped back in and the mouth closed :)eek:) the neck should follow suit! :D

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
i don't think he as good as some think but not bad either, strikes me as a player who only plays when he needs to prove something.

W

WasStefan

I don't think we should sell however would be very tempted if a 1million plus bid comes in under the proviso that we buy at least two midfielders as replacement.

J

johnybig32

Mixed feelings about this. I know he is young but he hasn't really imposed himself on agame I've seen IMO.

Not sure he will be missed but his is an area tha needs strengthening anyway. If KJ wants to sell then I trust his decision.

Back
Top Bottom