Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Blackburn After Davis

F

foowolf

Thank God you are not manager!

Had a bit of a chuckle there, but seriously - I still think Doyle is the best footballer in our squad, but not a natural goal scorer.

He should be given a chance in midfield. He has the ability, the intelligence, the work rate and the experience to to a tremendous job for us there.

Davis was given a few chances last season and also in the preseason matches this year, and has done allright, but without blowing anyone's mind.

We have suffered for a few seasons now due to lack of midfield quality and leadership.

Doyle could bring both.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've just looked at the first page of posts and I must admit to being astonished. In all 4 posters argue for one reason or another that we should not sell. The others to a man (and woman) all argue that we sell. Many of them I suspect are also complaining about our failure to buy players. I must say we can't have it both ways. To me if Kenny Jackett wants to retain this player, then we keep him. The decision is his. Do people ever ask the question when teams come in for our players why they wish to sign them? Why would a team a division above us want to sign someone on our books. Surely it is because it is that the management at that club see the player as strenngthening there team. Some seasons ago we went after Adam Lallana of Southampton at the time we signed Surman. Opinions among our fans were divided on the lad at the time. I remember one poster talking about how his mate a Saints supporter did not rate the lad. Well he stayed with them and made 25 appearances last season in the Premiership. I would hope that young Davis would do the same with the Wolves.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe Moxey thinks we can win the league with a squad of 14 players.

Davis and Batth are two of the players we should be building the team around for the future and both of them should be tied up on longer contracts.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell him?

Why would we want to do that, a young lad breaks through into the first team, where this year will be his make or break year and we are wanting him off?

Glad this board is not a strong representation of our fan base at all.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's sell all of them and turn Molineux into the UKs fracking centre (that's not a new Morgan conspiracy theory by the way!).
I do wonder sometimes. Sell one of our young promising players, against everything the club have been trying to say this close season.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's sell all of them and turn Molineux into the UKs fracking centre (that's not a new Morgan conspiracy theory by the way!).
I do wonder sometimes. Sell one of our young promising players, against everything the club have been trying to say this close season.

I don't think the promise of years more of midfielder that can't control the ball is very exciting

Waggy's Boots

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope we keep him- he has a huge potential and actually cared last season.

GAWAZZ

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the end of the season I was all for building a team with Batth, Doherty, Davis, etc

But it does depend on how serious a bid and indeed whether Davis wants to go himself. I wouldn't be pushing him out of the door but a daft bid say £2 million would for me too good to turn down

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need better than him if we want to challenge for promotion. He certainly wouldn't be a regular in the champ. He's just not vey good.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need better than him if we want to challenge for promotion. He certainly wouldn't be a regular in the champ. He's just not vey good.

Enlighten me then friend, who is

a) Better
b) Available
c) Wants to come to us?

People have clammered for ages to play the kids, to get some local lads in who might give a $$$$ about the club, the second a few spring up we want them to be sold for some mid-ling journeymen?

I give up at times.

M

Mugwump

I think we need at least one journeyman player who knows the league tbh.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuinely don't believe other clubs would look at players like Davis and think "oh we could do with him" – just filling column inches.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Good stuff from Jacko......very pleased he is seeing it as it is. :) #GoDidi!

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good stuff from Jacko......very pleased he is seeing it as it is. :) #GoDidi!

I accept your use of proposterous nicknames, in fact I almost applaud you making our players sound like reject Teletubbies; however I despise the use of 'hashtags'.

I like moaning.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
I accept your use of proposterous nicknames, in fact I almost applaud you making our players sound like reject Teletubbies; however I despise the use of 'hashtags'.

#Ilikemoaning.

Corrected. :)

Did you you know there was once a very talented but 'preposterouly' named Brazilian Teletubbie of the same name?.....played for the national team don't you know.....anything but a reject.:)

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Davis has done little of note so far and still has it all to prove. Hopefully he will prove himself this season. If he doesn't then get rid to Blackburn or anywhere else. Our central midfield has been shambolic for years and he, Evans and Price need to show something a bit special.

Back
Top Bottom