Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Best standout performance from a Wolves player?

NewOrder306

Groupie
Reaction score
Phil Parkes at Old Trafford FA Cup 1076. Lofty was a giant ;) . Got a draw but lost the reply (after being 2-0 up) Getting home unscathed was a challenge in those days as well!!. (Those indeed were the days !! :eek:)
1976 more like it though !!!, otherwise Lofty would be trying to keep out William the Conqueror !!:oops:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jota against Man Utd in the fa cup was amazing. John Dewolf away at Port Vale, scored a hat rick at centre back. Many many other great performances such as Iwan Roberts at the **** and many from our current players like Neves and Raul.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lescott on his debut as a 17 year old centre back against Sheff Wed.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jota against Man Utd in the fa cup was amazing. John Dewolf away at Port Vale, scored a hat rick at centre back. Many many other great performances such as Iwan Roberts at the **** and many from our current players like Neves and Raul.
Rob Hindmarsh at the ****, lol....

I wonder if the bloke who voted for him as player of the season every year because of that goal is still around.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In recent years, Jota against Man Utd in the FA Cup, Jota in the SF against Watford before being subbed (let's not...), Jota vs Villa in the Championship, Jota vs Leicester, Jota away at Spurs just before lockdown.

Corrr, Diogo. He was some boy.

Adama vs City the obvious one.

Neves too many to mention.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ryan Green debut vs Sheffield United.

I thought he was destined for the very top

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bully v Derby at the Baseball Ground. Perfect hattrick.

Bully v literally everyone in Div. 3 & 4

Bully v Albion away

Moutinho v Utd in the FA Cup semi (& Jota & Neves)

Neil Masters v’s the snow
FA Cup semi??? Sadly, as the scars are engraved in my mind, that was bloody Watford. QF methinks.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rajiv Van La Parra at QPR - January 2016.

George Margreitter at Ipswich - September 2012

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lol that’s one of my favourite Wolves memories - the game not you getting booted ou
Funny ...got a couple of tickets outside the ground off Jermaine Wright the wolves player, he said behave they are in the Derby end....we said ok no problems....

2-0 up first 5 mins wasn't it ...half the stand was after us......

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keith Andrews against Albion. I think we won 3-1.

Bully at the Baseball Ground.
Keith Andrew’s was absolutely brilliant in that game. Sadly never got close to that level again.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tony Dinning's debut has to be up there....
Tony, how many time have I told you to take your tablets and stop bothering those lovely folks on Molineux mix....

SingleMalt

Reaction score
Tony Daley absolutely ramming it up the Rams at Molineux in about 1994? I remember thinking he’d get us promoted single handed after that match. Though If I recall correctly he might had one or two injury problems not long afterwards…

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dougie Freedman when he scored a hattrick against someone, was it bristol city?

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Defenders don't get too much of a mention in threads such as this so, to provide a bit of balance, I'm nominating Richard Stearman at Swindon Town in the March of our 2013/14 promotion season. We were awesome in the first half and went in 3-0 up at half-time. Perhaps a degree of complacency set in after the break and Swindon soon made three substitutions to turn the tide very much in their favour. They pulled a goal back and hit the post and an unlikely turnaround began to look very possible. With the performance levels of most of our players dropping, Stearman was an outstanding exception and his composure under sustained pressure earned us a valuble three points. Footnote: Leon Clarke added another for us in added time to produce a scoreline of 4-1 that failed to do justice to Swindon's fightback.

Bogota Wolf

Reaction score
also Waggy when we beat Chelsea 3-0 at home with a depleted team,the **** away 4-2,Huddersfield away 2-1 many moons ago.you go on and on about Waggy,what a player
How about Waggy in these two games then?

1) The 5-1 destruction of Arsenal in the snow at the Molineux in November 1971? Arsenal had won the double in the previous season.

2) Beating Man U 1-3 at Old Trafford in January 1972 when they were top of the league. Wolves were the Division 1 form team with 8 wins and two draws in our previous ten games.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama v Spurs last season.

Norman Bell v Boro in the FA Cup quarter final replay 1981.

Last edited:

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Paul Birch on his debut vs West Ham 90/91 season

Keith Curle with a colossal defensive performance away at Man.City, opening day 99/00 season,Robbie Keane got the winner for us then I don't think we had another shot after that.

Back
Top Bottom