Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Best standout performance from a Wolves player?

Bogota Wolf

Reaction score
Good question. Here's two that I was privileged to attend:

Steve Bull in self-admitted hangover mode scoring four at Newcastle...

Or perhaps a little earlier:

Ken Hibbitt with four from midfield against Newcastle in the 4-2 victory.

“That game, for me, is right up there with the two League Cup finals,” Hibbitt told us today.

“I’m just sorry that there’s no TV footage of it. I have got some photos of the goals but not many games were televised in those days.

“I remember our kid coming up to me at the end and saying: ‘I’m gutted that we’ve lost but, if we had to, I’m glad you scored them all.’ Then he rounded it off by calling me a little bleeder!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I've said it before, but one that always sticks in my mind is Bully at Maine Rd. Absolute backs to the wall for the whole game, played on his own and chased everything all afternoon. Got one chance and smashed it in for a 0-1. Champagne Supernova on the way out. Happy day.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
David Connolly 4 goals away to Bristol City. So much about they match that was ridiculous. No manager, Guy the soldier returning, Connolly hadn’t scored a goal for us after being with us for months. Then there was the surreal sight of a scrap between 4 animal character mascots.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Obviously there have been several but I am going to throw in Michael Branch in a night game at Barnsley .He played up top with Ketsbaia and the reason I chose him was because he was simply outstanding and it’s not often ,if at all,you see the away fans give him the standing ovation he got when we was substituted

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
David Wagstaffe v Spurs, Football League Cup, September 3rd 1969 at Molineux. 1-0.

Played Spurs on his own that night!

But then again, Wagstaffe was magic. :cool:
also Waggy when we beat Chelsea 3-0 at home with a depleted team,the **** away 4-2,Huddersfield away 2-1 many moons ago.you can go on and on about Waggy,what a player

Last edited:

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Recent times, for all-round performance, Neves against Newcastle. Seen the Leicester 4-3 mentioned, and yes those 2 passes were ridiculous, but he didn’t boss the whole game by himself then, otherwise they wouldn’t have scored 3.

Haven’t seen Bully’s hungover New Year’s Day miracle mentioned yet?
Edit: Missed Stefan’s early post.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao in the first half against Leeds last season.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going back a few years, but in the 70's Wolves beat Newcastle United 4 - 2 at Molineux. Kenny Hibbitt scored all four Wolves goals. One of the best individual performances I have seen from a Wolves player
I was there - as you say an absolutely superb performance. Playing against his brother Terry doubtless made it better for Kenny.

What also sticks in my mind was 3-400 Geordies with a death wish who went and stood outside the North Bank looking for a fight....

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves and Moutinho against Man Utd in the 1-0 home defeat last season. I thought they were awesome.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couple of seasons ago Moutinho v spurs. The home game we ended up losing right at the end.

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
i remember a night game years ago when Derby were champions and we won 4-0,on that night Frank Munro was immense as he was on many occasions

Back
Top Bottom