Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Beers and ales thread (what's everyone drinking)

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought we could all have a thread on the ales, beers and lagers we've been drinking and discovered lately.
I love a lager but have always enjoyed an ale session instead to mix it up!
Enjoying at the moment an Ease Up IPA by Adnams, very nice, 4.6%.
Off into town in a bit, got some decent locally brewed ales and craft brews down this way.

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2euro peroni at the moment, will be a mixture of that and tenants with the odd 18yr glenfiddich thrown into the mix tonight.

D

Deleted member 4309

Perroni and staropromen for me. With some Russian vodka to wash it down. **** it it's Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good god after last night this threads the last thing I need...and it all begins again soon!

W

WasStefan

Here comes the Sunbeam appreciation thread...

Fwiw i think its ok nout special. Enjoy Titanic too if that's your sort of thing (chocolate)

W

WasStefan

Regular drink depends on the occasion. Matchday whatevers cheapest (Carling)

In the house bottles (coors/bud/corona)

Special occasions / if im feeling flush - Peroni. All day long.

D

Deleted member 4309

Regular drink depends on the occasion. Matchday whatevers cheapest (Carling)

In the house bottles (coors/bud/corona)

Special occasions / if im feeling flush - Peroni. All day long.

Budweiser gives me a terrible headache even after a couple of pints. God knows why

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was enjoying Holdens golden glow the other night. I'll be Sunbeam on Boxing Day tho

D

Deleted member 4309

Corona same for me.mate love it but messes with my head

Never drank much corona so don't really know if that gives me headaches. I will stick to my big bottles of peroni and staropromen over Christmas but no doubt if I go to the pub I will drink carling. Cheap and cheerful lol.

B

Benson

Almost never a lager when drinking in a pub.

Real ale for me. Prefer them a bit dark and dont like them to be hoppy. Alcohol 4-5%.

To name a few: BFG in the Lych Gate, a Mild in the Clarendon or any Comberemere Arms guest ale. Before games always a Great Western Golden Glow.
But venue sometimes more important than what exactly is in the glass, to be honest.

Reactions: ICD
M

merseawolf

Been at Exeter rugby this afternoon with my brother. Dont understand the game at all but the guiness was exellent

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will mostly drink wine when in the house but Hop House, Camden Hells and Peroni will be my choice when out.

Not sure whether I will be able to get Camden Hells out and about now I am back up north, but have bought a few bottles back with me.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just had some Orange Wheat Beer from Green Jack Ale based in Lowestoft; top stuff!

RedFlagWolf

Reaction score
So far a Bathams, Craddock's Troll and just attempting a very fine Plum Porter as it would be rude not too!

Merry Xmas one and all...tomorrow will be a very fine barrol of Enville bitter and Sadlers before guest ales in Combermere on Boxing Day!

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here comes the Sunbeam appreciation thread...

Fwiw i think its ok nout special. Enjoy Titanic too if that's your sort of thing (chocolate)

Definatly overrated i think sunbeam. Went to & tried it in the stile purely for the jizzfest on here and thought it was average, the Oak keep it OK in compton when I have tried it in their, in the Billy Wright I gagged on the stuff - ironically best pub I have tried it in is the Manor Arms round right the corner from me, but dont see the fuss generally.

Always be Bathams for me.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I drank loads of beer in Prague last month - more than I normally do - and I had no after effects at all. The Czechs top the world league for beer consumption and maybe this is why. I like the new micro beers but I am getting a bit sick of American hops, which are too samey. I do love the Sunbeam down the Clarendon on match days and have quite a few Banks's Amber put away for Christmas, but I'm a wine man at the Christmas table (Aldi do the best deals on nice wine)

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I drank loads of beer in Prague last month - more than I normally do - and I had no after effects at all. The Czechs top the world league for beer consumption and maybe this is why. I like the new micro beers but I am getting a bit sick of American hops, which are too samey. I do love the Sunbeam down the Clarendon on match days and have quite a few Banks's Amber put away for Christmas, but I'm a wine man at the Christmas table (Aldi do the best deals on nice wine)
Aldi is an excellent supermarket

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never drank much corona so don't really know if that gives me headaches. I will stick to my big bottles of peroni and staropromen over Christmas but no doubt if I go to the pub I will drink carling. Cheap and cheerful lol.
Corona is a **** beer, novelty IMO.
If you get a chance drink Pacifico. Wonderful Mexican beer

D

Deleted member 4309

Haha. Draft it's ace. Real ale x20 pints ain't a good idea so lager today.

Dont you think it has a weed smell. Peroni has it aswell. I had becks on draft once at the nickelodeon near the cinema. I drank 3 pints and I spent all night on the toilet I don't think many people drank it so had a right bad beer.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dont you think it has a weed smell. Peroni has it aswell. I had becks on draft once at the nickelodeon near the cinema. I drank 3 pints and I spent all night on the toilet I don't think many people drank it so had a right bad beer.
I do know exactly what you mean. It's very sharp.
I prefer moretti for that reason, maltier. Peroni I can take or leave. If it wasn't £4 a go it wouldn't be as popular?!

D

Deleted member 4309

I do know exactly what you mean. It's very sharp.
I prefer moretti for that reason, maltier. Peroni I can take or leave. If it wasn't £4 a go it wouldn't be as popular?!

I quite like peroni to be honest I only ever buy the small bottles in the pub and in the pub I go to you get 5 for a tenner. What do you think of staropromen

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Almost never a lager when drinking in a pub.

Real ale for me. Prefer them a bit dark and dont like them to be hoppy. Alcohol 4-5%.

To name a few: BFG in the Lych Gate, a Mild in the Clarendon or any Comberemere Arms guest ale. Before games always a Great Western Golden Glow.
But venue sometimes more important than what exactly is in the glass, to be honest.

Here's a hoppy beer.
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/455/88405/

For a lighter taste, a nice Canadian craft beer Steamwhistle.

K

Katarino

Joseph Holt Manchester Brown Ale............ Yes, I'm old, I know........................

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mexico is our second home
Tecate, Modelo, dos equis and sol are my favourites when I go there.

Back
Top Bottom