Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Banners and Messages for the last few home games - Any idea's?

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tommorrow may not be the time for this, but over the next few home games, I think the supporters should really start to show their displeasure towards the men responsible for the last 3 months.

We need idea's that get the message accross, in a few words, but they must be eye catching, to the point, witty and memorable (but in a good way,)

'you've let us down again' and 'scouse mafia out' type rubbish should be avoided at all costs. This makes us all look a bit dim witted, which is also something that needs to be avoided at all costs. If it's crass, Moxey will use it to his advantage somehow. No doubt about that.

Maybe there's some advertising, creative types on here who know how best to (a) get the camera's attention and (b) create a few messages that do the job in a good way?

Perhaps the toaster could be incorperated somehow? 'This club has nothing to be embarrassed about' was something Morgan said when he made a very embarrassing decision. Perhaps that could also be used?

I don't know atm as it's late and i'm tired but it would be a mistake to allow Morgan to think what has been happening is acceptable.

If people think this is an awful idea then feel free to disagree and say why. I'm not one of the posters who's a delicate type so be as abusive as you like as all views should be put forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RichDavi

"We'll never go through this again" - Steve Morgan, May 22nd 2011

"This isn't a job for a novice" - Jez Moxey, February 2012

J

Jungleee

"We hate albion"

"The pack will be back"

"Win or lose we're on the booze"

"$$$$ the football, we've got a new stand"

"£6 booking fee, you're having a laugh"

"We all hate Leeds scum"

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We have a winner....

Nothing rude, nothing low life vibes.

Just pure hard factual comments made by bill and ben.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
I saw a Bundesliga game where one entire end had large cut out arrows that they pointed at the goal to help remind there team where they should be shooting.

That would be pretty funny at least.

M

Mugwump

I actually think " you have let us down " sums this season up perfectly.

J

JakeWolves

Anyone prepared to appear on television holding up a message they've scrawled on an old bedsheet must be slightly dim-witted if you ask me.

M&M have listened to the supporters enough already anyway. They sacked Mick, which after the Albion result is what most fans wanted, they offered the job to the man most fans wanted, twice, didn't offer the job to the man most fans didn't want, and then found there was literally no one who was both available and suitable to take the role.

The last 3 months have been nothing but total failure that's for sure, but dragging up quotes from a few weeks ago will achieve nothing except reinforce the unfortunate view that this club is a shambles and run by a bunch of clowns when in fact it is run by smart businessmen who, under intense fan pressure, took a few risks that didn't pay off.

Relegation this season has far more to do with the decisions Mick McCarthy made. If people want to give the board a hard time then knock yourselves out, but any protest of this kind will be misguided and counter productive.

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone prepared to appear on television holding up a message they've scrawled on an old bedsheet must be slightly dim-witted if you ask me.

Who said anything about a $$$$ soaked bed sheet?

M&M have listened to the supporters enough already anyway. They sacked Mick, which after the Albion result is what most fans wanted,
Morgan sacked Mick because of the dressing room rant. He knew then there was no way back for him. Nothing to do with the supporters.

they offered the job to the man most fans wanted, twice,
But didn't employ him. Do you honestly believe that's the reason they offered him the job, twice? Because it's what the fans wanted? Do me a favour.

didn't offer the job to the man most fans didn't want,
Again, nobody knows why. But if it's because the fans didn't want him, that shows seriously weak management on their part. Something that maybe should be publically pointed out to them

and then found there was literally no one who was both available and suitable to take the role.
Bad planning on their part. Why sack a manager of a PL football club without sounding out suitable replacements before hand? If nobody is suitable, then stick with what you've got. Morgan couldn't do that though, he'd burned his bridges with McCarthy in the dressing room after Liverpool at home.

The last 3 months have been nothing but total failure that's for sure, but dragging up quotes from a few weeks ago will achieve nothing except reinforce the unfortunate view that this club is a shambles and run by a bunch of clowns
Exactly. A view that needs to be re-inforced. Morgan and Moxey deserve to feel uncomfortable both at the games and hopefully in the media. Maybe Morgan will start to structure the club in a way so that nothing like this is allowed to happen again.

when in fact it is run by smart businessmen who, under intense fan pressure, took a few risks that didn't pay off.
Employing Connor as manager wasn't a risk. It was suicide.

Relegation this season has far more to do with the decisions Mick McCarthy made.
It has a lot to do with him, I agree. However, Morgan and Moxey are both just a culpable. Those fans who you believe pressured Morgan into sacking him, were saying exactly the same things at least 3 months prior to his eventual dismissal. Maybe if he'd have sacked him then, things would have turned out more positively. There were other managers on the market at that time and the 1 solitary point out of 24 (after tonights mauling) since Morgan appointed Connor has nothing to do with McCarthy. It has everything to do with Morgan.

any protest of this kind will be misguided and counter productive.
Why is it misguided and how will it be counter productive?

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have a winner....

Nothing rude, nothing low life vibes.

Just pure hard factual comments made by bill and ben.

But Morgan was right. We have not gone through the last day agony again

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Gets my vote - perfect.

On a less serious note could we have a third though ?

Bhatti Brothers 1982 - 1986
White Skinned Bhattis 2007 - ????

T

Tettenhall Wolf

These two comments perfectly encapsulate what was promised and how far from that has been delivered.

B

BritInBigD

The "Mac Out" banner featured on TV at the end of the Liverpool home game provoked a (delayed) response.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morgan was correct though, we arent going through what happened last season are we. It's over well before the 91st minute of last game!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I do like those two, but rather than looking back at the mistakes that have been made, how about something to try and benefit the club going forward?

'Steve - time to build again'.

Or something to help to try and convince our best players like Jarvis and Fletcher to stay:

'Fletch must stay'
'Matt Jarvis - Wolves hero'

Or following Adlene's comments that he can see his future at Forest, something to try and convince him otherwise. Perhaps a big banner of his face with:

'Free the Algerian One'

B

Batman

These two would be perfect printed and looking professional.

Also think the Moxey quote could be sung fairly well too -

"It's not a job for a nooooooooooovice"
(To the tune of sing when you're winning)

Let's sing it tonight

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You guys!! You think Steve and Jez dont have the fans feelings already?? Ffs! Fan division is what this club does so well and has contributed to the mess. Yes, by all means tell Steve and Jez (again) and indeed the whole world! Great idea. And the message to the Wolves players some of whom may even be thinking of sticking around for the Championship, get out now while the going is good this place is in melt down! Brilliant . . .

B

Batman

You guys!! You think Steve and Jez dont have the fans feelings already?? Ffs! Fan division is what this club does so well and has contributed to the mess. Yes, by all means tell Steve and Jez (again) and indeed the whole world! Great idea. And the message to the Wolves players some of whom may even be thinking of sticking around for the Championship, get out now while the going is good this place is in melt down! Brilliant . . .

Morning Steve!

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do like those two, but rather than looking back at the mistakes that have been made, how about something to try and benefit the club going forward?
'Steve - time to build again'.
Or something to help to try and convince our best players like Jarvis and Fletcher to stay:
'Fletch must stay'
'Matt Jarvis - Wolves hero'
Or following Adlene's comments that he can see his future at Forest, something to try and convince him otherwise. Perhaps a big banner of his face with:
'Free the Algerian One'
Much more like it Tring . . might be a little too positive for the mob to handle however

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only idea I can come up with is a huge banner saying;

"COME ON YOU WOLVES, WE ARE NOT DOWN YET"

I would gladly help and contribute towards to cost of something like this.

306NOTOUT

The only idea I can come up with is a huge banner saying;

"COME ON YOU WOLVES, WE ARE NOT DOWN YET"

I would gladly help and contribute towards to cost of something like this.

Shall I move this to the drunk thread?

Hollywood_wolf

Reaction score

M&M have listened to the supporters enough already anyway. They sacked Mick, which after the Albion result is what most fans wanted, they offered the job to the man most fans wanted, twice, didn't offer the job to the man most fans didn't want, and then found there was literally no one who was both available and suitable to take the role.

The last 3 months have been nothing but total failure that's for sure, but dragging up quotes from a few weeks ago will achieve nothing except reinforce the unfortunate view that this club is a shambles and run by a bunch of clowns when in fact it is run by smart businessmen who, under intense fan pressure, took a few risks that didn't pay off.

Relegation this season has far more to do with the decisions Mick McCarthy made. If people want to give the board a hard time then knock yourselves out, but any protest of this kind will be misguided and counter productive.

Absolutely

Gornal

Reaction score
How about "We want our season ticket money back!" :stupido3:

M

Mugwump

What tosh. The fans havent really been divided this season and even though we have had to put up with the rubbish served up by Mick and his band of merry men for the bulk of the season the fans have remained pretty good. I've seen it a hell of a lot worse in situations not nearly as bad as we are in now. The only divisions at this club are on the playing side. I think you should stop posing as a Wolves supporter now, its obvious the only love in your life is our inept former manager. Its quite sickening the way you are carrying on just because you cant accept Mick failed and he is no longer here.

M

Mister Rabbit

Can I suggest incorporating a proof read stage into the process?

I like the idea of using the 2Ms' words against them; can I humbly put forward my signature as another suggestion? :D

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it's an alien concept to some but in times of adversity we need to send out a positive message to everyone involved at Wolves and in football in general.

If we want to attract a manager and players capable of guiding the club back to the Premier League the fans need to play their part.

Regardless of all that though I'm sure Sky will still manage to locate some ******* with a moronic slogan scrawled on a $$$$ty bedsheet with Crayola.

B

Batman

I know it's an alien concept to some but in times of adversity we need to send out a positive message to everyone involved at Wolves and in football in general.

If we want to attract a manager and players capable of guiding the club back to the Premier League the fans need to play their part.

Regardless of all that though I'm sure Sky will still manage to locate some ******* with a moronic slogan scrawled on a $$$$ty bedsheet with Crayola.

The same positive message that they have sent to us?

1. Build 1 stand - forget the rest (The Board)
2. Appoint a "joke" manager (The Board)
3. Said "joke" manager gives interviews that insult the fans intelligence (Manager)
4. Players who have barely put a performance in all season (Players)

If we had received positive messages from the above three entities they would be no reason for any "protests" unfortunatly we have not and they cannot be allowed to get off scot free. My us all being happy and positive

F

FLEET WOLF

Hard luck lads, you did your best!

Have a nice summer, Steve and Jez!

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much more like it Tring . . might be a little too positive for the mob to handle however

You mean like, 'please stay henri' :eek:

Time to get in the real world me mon. The players will go where the most money/best chance of international football is at. If you think they will stay cause the fans love them so, you're living in a fantasy land.

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Money talks
Money talks
dirty cash I want you
and dirty cash I need you ohhh..

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
You mean like, 'please stay henri' :eek:

Time to get in the real world me mon. The players will go where the most money/best chance of international recognishon is. If you think they will stay cause the fans love them so, you're living in a fantasy land.

I know! You'd think I'd have learnt after buying a Senegal flag wouldn't you? Although I'd like to think that Fletcher and Jarvis have a bit more integrity than Camara (and neither will be in the running for African Player of the Year)... :)

Seriously though, I do agree that that in all likelihood, they are going to go. And in the case of Fletcher and Jarvis, I wouldn't begrudge them a move as they have both been excellent for us. But surely it couldn't hurt for us to try and show the Club in a positive light (may also help with potential players and managers in the Summer) and that we really would like our best players to stay.

Like I said in my previous post, I thought the original two suggestions (and Chiswick's) were brilliant. I'd just personally like us to look forward rather than pointing out old mistakes.

D

dazmanwolf

"Things can only get better!"

"The only way is up!"

....oh sorry...forgot this is MolMix....not negative enough! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom