Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

BACK BRUNO NOW

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yep. I havent forgotten that shambles of a video last summer. Seems that Bruno is being let down with what he wants. Appoint a new head coach and dont back him properly to get him playing the football he would like us to play is just so poor in my opinion.

There is no way that Bruno can be happy with the depth of the squad and having 3 senior central midfield players. Unfortunately he will now have to tow the company line by the looks of it.
this is POTENTIALLY (really hope im wrong) the 2nd transfer window where they arent going to back with ambition, dont back him with money or even the positions he wants and its only his 2nd transfer window !!

R

reanswolf

Agree, I think that’s where the biggest difference is between the social media side of Wolves fans and the match going fans.

If you were in the away end on Monday night you’d have had no clue that there were Wolves fans who want the owners out or who are looking for a season ticket refund.
I agree with that.

I am sure many label me as a doom monger, but I don;t want Fosun out or intend to ask for a refund on my ST. I do try to raise positive posts too. I just want us to progress and am genuinely alarmed about the last few windows and disappointed about quite excessive ST price increases and what I perceive as false messages from the club. So far anyway, but of course lets see until the end of january.

But whilst the fans at Old Trafford would have been in delirium, and I was not there as couldnt get a ticket, but probably like you I was there at Palace, Norwich, and City and although the fans stay loyal to the team, there were a hell of a lot of grumbles about the way we play and the need for strengthening the midfield. Palace and Norwich were dire, desperate performances though defensively we have been excellent. Its amazing how one 'admittedly superb' result changes people's thought-processes, though only usually temporarily.

Also, at the actual game, like 99% of attending fans, we get 100% behind the team. But on a forum, I think it is the exact place to raise and discuss concerns, as long as you are not being personal to individuals at the club, which I hope I am never guilty of. I can't believe any Wolves fan came away from Palace, Norwich, City or the home games v Burnley, Chelsea and didn't strongly feel we need a different midfield option (after all Bruno has celarly said as much along with many pundits and ex Wolves players), but then we occasionally see the best of them against West Ham and Manure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I havent seen anyone say Fosun out, Jeff out on here.Unless I have missed posts.
If they have done, its a very small and insignificant minority.
**** me reans…. You sound like a PL manager there - I didn’t see the incident….But saw every other moment in the game

WestChiltingtonwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't think you had one. Why didn't you just say "no"?

Good entertaining post though.

And you are of course, still entitled to forward your opinion.
I was going to just write "no", but I started typing and it just came out. I honestly don't care if people choose to agree with me or not, or even read my posts. In retrospect I think that post was trying to show the absurdity of pitching fan against fan to see who is more deserving of an opinion than another. Everyone has a history with this club and considering where we have been - unless you have just joined the cause - you'll have been through a fair amount of heartache. I'll call out people who I think are being spoilt and will expect some criticism for being a "happy clapper" as it used to be termed. But don't turn it into a "I'm more of a fan than you". That part is *******s.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well proportionately its very small minority. Also at the game I have never seen anyone suggest either surrendering STs nor wanting Fosun out, juts staying they want Bruno to be supported.

Anyway, I haven't seen the replays yet :).
Agree it is a small minority - but also an awful lot that allude to it without actually typing the words - fosun out.

In HKWolfs meltdown/attention thread “I’m done until these greedy *******s are gone”

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree, I think that’s where the biggest difference is between the social media side of Wolves fans and the match going fans.

If you were in the away end on Monday night you’d have had no clue that there were Wolves fans who want the owners out or who are looking for a season ticket refund.
You can say the same for the vast majority of the home regulars as well. There's zero real discontent in the stands.

Social media amplifies extreme ends of whatever is being debated and the silent majority in the middle are muted. See Brexit, covid et al

Yes most Wolves fans would love a few big name signings, same as any fan of any club, but most fans are also happy beyond their wildest dreams being a competitive Premier League club. For many for the first time in their lives

That's not being brainwashed, it's a normal, rational reaction to decades of disappointment and underperformance

D

Deleted member yltz11841

So “Back the manager” = FOSUN out depending on your viewpoint.
Questioning Jeff on lack of investment in the last few windows= Jeff out.
Both of the above means you hate the club and you’re not a proper fan.
Have I got that correct?

R

reanswolf

I was going to just write "no", but I started typing and it just came out. I honestly don't care if people choose to agree with me or not, or even read my posts. In retrospect I think that post was trying to show the absurdity of pitching fan against fan to see who is more deserving of an opinion than another. Everyone has a history with this club and considering where we have been - unless you have just joined the cause - you'll have been through a fair amount of heartache. I'll call out people who I think are being spoilt and will expect some criticism for being a "happy clapper" as it used to be termed. But don't turn it into a "I'm more of a fan than you". That part is *******s.
I do agree, and I rightly got called out for that the other day on here. Is dangerous and devicive approach which isn't needed. It is important the point being made is explained properly and made in context because as you say everyone IS entitled to a view and everyone's view is important.

The issue for me arose through a few very distant posters who don't go to matches, making snide comments about match-attending people like me raising concern about lack of strengthening. In that specific context it is grating to me, because for them to constantly belittle paying fans who have concerns, is worthy of calling out and hence generates that response. Its not aimed at creating a divide in attending and non-attending fans generally.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The internet / social media drives (often intentionally) people into ever tighter silos, with polarised views.
Rational arguments and the middle ground get lost in a screaming match, any dissent from the accepted tribal viewpoint must be crushed without mercy.

See J K Rowling for daring to stick up for women.

I think Fosun have been bloody amazing. They aren’t trying to outspend the ****ty six cos we can’t, they’re trying to be disruptive and clever. I love that. I’d happily buy players I’ve never heard of forever and creep forward than spunk millions on famous has beens… we’ve walked that road too many times.
On the opposite side, we do need a CM and most of all WE NEED A BIGGER MOLINEUX WITH THE NEXT GENERATION WATCHING FOR CHEAP AND BEING ABLE TO DREAM.

So I think I’m somewhere in the middle.

R

reanswolf

The internet / social media drives (often intentionally) people into ever tighter silos, with polarised views.
Rational arguments and the middle ground get lost in a screaming match, any dissent from the accepted tribal viewpoint must be crushed without mercy.

See J K Rowling for daring to stick up for women.

I think Fosun have been bloody amazing. They aren’t trying to outspend the ****ty six cos we can’t, they’re trying to be disruptive and clever. I love that. I’d happily buy players I’ve never heard of forever and creep forward than spunk millions on famous has beens… we’ve walked that road too many times.
On the opposite side, we do need a CM and most of all WE NEED A BIGGER MOLINEUX WITH THE NEXT GENERATION WATCHING FOR CHEAP AND BEING ABLE TO DREAM.

So I think I’m somewhere in the middle.
In reality, I think that is where 90% of us sit.

PolishWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I guess its the same on all football forums.

I accept there are often two polar opposite mind-sets, but why is asking for a realistic addition in midfield over 3 windows doom-mongering? Surely that is a positive approach? Maybe the ones ascerting that everything is currently fine are the doom-mongers for not wanting progress?

One man's positivity is another mans negativity, and vice versa.
I don't think it's doom mongering sorry mate, I think maybe you've been attacked for that view point a few too many times.

It's a reasonable request and one I fully back.

When I say doom mongers and conspiracy theorists, I mean the "We're selling everyone, replacing them with unproven kids, fosun are selling up, they've made their money and they're leaving. We'll get relegated back to league 1 before we know it" types.

They're rare, I'll admit, but only as rare as the adamantly towing the company line types.

We all exist somewhere in between mostly, like you say it's the same on all forums, I was just saying it's important to note there are two sides to this coin.

My level headed self says, ultimately we don't need to back Bruno to the hilt, go out and buy 6 players. But I think at the minimum he needs 2 so that he can prop up the squad until a proper step forward in the summer. By then he'll have had the time to assess the whole squad, assess his presence in the league, and hopefully decide exactly what he wants. I hope too, that the summer will be a good point for refocusing finances and plans, we'd have had deferred payments come in (I think), well likely be settled for our outstanding from Jota and will have a full stadium season behind us.

These are good players, and a good manager (not sold on the great moniker some have thrown about yet). They can get somewhere with the right backing, but I'd rather not fly too close to the sun with signings.

Though saying that last part about signings, I've been waiting 2-3 years for something to come crashing down on villa the way they spend given their size of club and it just doesn't. It's a financial situation that has been baffling me. Obviously the sale of grealish helped them, but even before then they were spaffing 30 million on players.

R

reanswolf

I don't think it's doom mongering sorry mate, I think maybe you've been attacked for that view point a few too many times.

When I say doom mongers and conspiracy theorists, I mean the "We're selling everyone, replacing them with unproven kids, fosun are selling up, they've made their money and they're leaving. We'll get relegated back to league 1 before we know it" types.

They're rare, I'll admit, but only as rare as the adamantly towing the company line types.

We all exist somewhere in between mostly, like you say it's the same on all forums, I was just saying it's important to note there are two sides to this coin.

My level headed self says, ultimately we don't need to back Bruno to the hilt, go out and buy 6 players. But I think at the minimum he needs 2 so that he can prop up the squad until a proper step forward in the summer. By then he'll have had the time to assess the whole squad, assess his presence in the league, and hopefully decide exactly what he wants. I hope too, that the summer will be a good point for refocusing finances and plans, we'd have had deferred payments come in (I think), well likely be settled for our outstanding from Jota and will have a full stadium season behind us.

These are good players, and a good manager (not sold on the great moniker some have thrown about yet). They can get somewhere with the right backing, but I'd rather not fly too close to the sun with signings.

Though saying that last part about signings, I've been waiting 2-3 years for something to come crashing down on villa the way they spend given their size of club and it just doesn't. It's a financial situation that has been baffling me. Obviously the sale of grealish helped them, but even before then they were spaffing 30 million on players.
Great post.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

“Asked if the FA Cup still carries the prestige it once did, Lage said: “For sure. When I look back to my youth, if you remember there was a computer called the Spectrum. I remember the FA Cup. On the game on the Spectrum I played in the FA Cup and it was the first trophy I won on the computer.

“I want to play in the final, I want to play at Wembley. We will do everything in our hands to do that and it starts on Sunday. We start on the right foot in the competition.

“I come with a big ambition to win titles for Wolves, that’s my target. I have won titles before and I came here with that ambition.”

Please don’t **** this up Wolves. This man has won titles, he’s a football man, give him the support that he’s crying out for.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

“Asked if the FA Cup still carries the prestige it once did, Lage said: “For sure. When I look back to my youth, if you remember there was a computer called the Spectrum. I remember the FA Cup. On the game on the Spectrum I played in the FA Cup and it was the first trophy I won on the computer.

“I want to play in the final, I want to play at Wembley. We will do everything in our hands to do that and it starts on Sunday. We start on the right foot in the competition.

“I come with a big ambition to win titles for Wolves, that’s my target. I have won titles before and I came here with that ambition.”

Please don’t **** this up Wolves. This man has won titles, he’s a football man, give him the support that he’s crying out for.
Love hearing that from Bruno. He played strong teams in the league cup earlier in the season too.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, we have a very good defence but we also need to plan ahead, what if Saiss doesn't sign? Also, you want to be looking to kick on in certain positions. A midfielder we need, MGW would be a squad player at best, never a first pick in a million years although agreed he shouldn't have gone on loan as we're so low on numbers.
Currently we have sufficient cover for our central backs in Marcal, Dendonker and Sanderson with Mosquera to return. None of these players may be as good or as consistent as Saiss has been for our back three but that is why he has held his place in the team this season. In time Sanderson may prove to be as good a defender as Saiss has proven to be this season, he may take those first tentative steps in doing so this season. As for injured players making there return, the risk of a player suffering further injuries is a risk the club has to take. I wish Jonny a long and successful career, the majority of which I hope he will have at Wolves, there is sadly no guarantee that he will make a full recovery this time either. As for MGW, we obviously have very different opinions on the lad, to me he is a player who has a long career ahead of him in the Premiership and as I point out on occasions I believe he will be an English international also.

Your argument suggests that the club were absent from the market last summer yet four signings were made in that window - Sa, Mosquera, Trincao and Hwang. The fact that these players don't satisfy what/who you want signed does not mean the club have been inactive on the market. Most supporters would have welcomed the signing of a central defender last summer, but without such a signing, the club have had the second best defensive record in the Premiership to date this season. In midfield the allowing of MGW to go on loan to Sheffield United was a disappointment to me because I felt he was on the point of breaking through to a regular place on the team. His development at Sheffield United means he has continued to show the talent that was being displayed at Swansea before his injury last season.

Liam Keen referred recently to the fact that 20% of signings take place in the January window. This illustrates the difficulties clubs - not just Wolves - have in acquiring players at this time of year. No club ever wants to release there best players and certainly not in the middle of a campaign. Unless a player has a release clause in their contract it is difficult to purchase players of quality during this window. What teams will be trying to do is offload those players that are considered surplus to requirements. There may be one or two such players whom Bruno, would consider worth a gamble on, but how many fans will welcome with open arms a player who has only made a handful of appearances to date this season.

I'm happy for the club to do there business in the Summer months when much more talent is available and as they have been doing over many years both under Fosun and indeed for the most part Morgan also.

As for the likelihood that Neves might move on, I hope not but then I'm pleasantly surprised that he has remained with us as long as he has, hopefully with shrewd purchases in the summer months he will decide to do so for a few more seasons.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So Bruno is living proof that those of us who've been addicted to Football Manager can one day manage real clubs!

D

Deleted member (smith)

So “Back the manager” = FOSUN out depending on your viewpoint.
Questioning Jeff on lack of investment in the last few windows= Jeff out.
Both of the above means you hate the club and you’re not a proper fan.
Have I got that correct?
No you have not….bait and switch.

optimuswolf

Reaction score

Owner finance innit. nswe wrote off about 250m of debt (or converted it to equity).

Villa have lost half a billion in a decade. They've been really luck to have owners who, even when they were clueless, have showed great largesse.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the reports that Willy Boly is up for sale with Adama also now..
Fosun have gotta surely now get recruitment's in for this window asap for Bruno..
As his Wolves squad is going to get smaller and weaker by the day.

If Coady, Kilman or Neves get an injury now we're ******

Last edited:

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regardless of which side of the fence you sit on (either a happy clapper or a doom monger) the truth is no one really knows what goes on inside the boardroom at the club.

Me personally im always baffled by those who question the recruitment team because we must have a significantly better ratio than most clubs with more “hits” than “misses”. We’ve got a great blend of really experienced pro’s, good players in the middle of their careers and some promising young players so for me the mix is great.

As for investment, im happy we live within our means and follow a strategic plan. Since we’ve come up we’ve had fans spunking over Fulham doing “bits”, Everton and Villa. All spent loads, one relegated and two sat below us. Chuck in the amazing Leeds last year and Brilliant Brentford at the start of the season. In reality we have a lot of fans looking at their neighbours grass.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love hearing that from Bruno. He played strong teams in the league cup earlier in the season too.
Yes he did....but Nuno did in the early league cup games....... the advantage Bruno had over Nuno with the Sheffield utd game was the 2 week break....none of us really nw what sort of team Bruno would have picked if we had played all our games over the festive period.....Nuno never had that luxury.........

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regardless of which side of the fence you sit on (either a happy clapper or a doom monger) the truth is no one really knows what goes on inside the boardroom at the club.

Me personally im always baffled by those who question the recruitment team because we must have a significantly better ratio than most clubs with more “hits” than “misses”. We’ve got a great blend of really experienced pro’s, good players in the middle of their careers and some promising young players so for me the mix is great.

As for investment, im happy we live within our means and follow a strategic plan. Since we’ve come up we’ve had fans spunking over Fulham doing “bits”, Everton and Villa. All spent loads, one relegated and two sat below us. Chuck in the amazing Leeds last year and Brilliant Brentford at the start of the season. In reality we have a lot of fans looking at their neighbours grass.
Re: recruitment it makes me laugh when folk get all misty eyed about Thelwell, given his dossier was a figure of fun for years on here

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liam Keen referred recently to the fact that 20% of signings take place in the January window. This illustrates the difficulties clubs - not just Wolves - have in acquiring players at this time of year. No club ever wants to release there best players and certainly not in the middle of a campaign. Unless a player has a release clause in their contract it is difficult to purchase players of quality during this window. What teams will be trying to do is offload those players that are considered surplus to requirements. There may be one or two such players whom Bruno, would consider worth a gamble on, but how many fans will welcome with open arms a player who has only made a handful of appearances to date this season.

I'm happy for the club to do there business in the Summer months when much more talent is available and as they have been doing over many years both under Fosun and indeed for the most part Morgan also.
But this is why the last window was so frustrating. Very few here are deluded about signing people this window. We know this to likely be the case when they absolutely failed last window. Incompetence is not an excuse either.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do you continually imply this fallacy that Wolves supporters want to do "bits". The same posters here continually create this non-existent boogeyman of evil Wolves supporters wanting to spend money like a Sheikh and it is total nonsense. The extreme voices on either end drown on the rational majority here, and it is so tiring since these discussions cannot even take place in good faith.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do you continually imply this fallacy that Wolves supporters want to do "bits". The same posters here continually create this non-existent boogeyman of evil Wolves supporters wanting to spend money like a Sheikh and it is total nonsense. The extreme voices on either end drown on the rational majority here, and it is so tiring since these discussions cannot even take place in good faith.
There were plenty in the summer Fulham came up who were all “why aren’t we spending like they are” and now similar with Villa and Everton. The thought that we don’t spend is crazy seeing as this is the first season since Fosun came in that we haven’t broken our previous transfer record. Regardless of how he’s turned out plenty were very excited about Trincao (who played twice as many games as coutinho did in two seasons but folks are all misty eyed over). Mosquera, Hwang and RAN also came in as did Sa who has been a revelation. But yeah the recruitment is either rubbish or we aren’t investing

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re: recruitment it makes me laugh when folk get all misty eyed about Thelwell, given his dossier was a figure of fun for years on here
I used to love it when a player was rubbish he was a Thelwell one but when he was great he was uncle Jorge

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But this is why the last window was so frustrating. Very few here are deluded about signing people this window.
They signed three players and brought in a loan signing with the option to buy in the Summer window all of whom have been on the first team panel. Admittedly Jose Sa has been the stand out performer and the defender signed has been out on a long term injury. Hwang remains our leading goalscorer and his signing was welcomed by the manager who said they had been monitoring him at Benfica. While Trincao hasn't been the success everyone hoped he would be, the consensus as I read it is that he has ability but needs to adjust to the Premiership.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

And Wolves DID back Bruno in the last window…….they offered him players but he didn’t want them.
So, Bruno chose not to increase the squad.
And therein lies the problem.

We shouldn’t have sellars watching people on YouTube, giving a list to Jeff and Jeff making low ball offers until one is accepted and then offering that player to Bruno. Who says No.

I strongly suspect this might be what happened with McBurnie and that Bruno saved us from a living hell.

Our management with zero football knowledge should not be offering players to Bruno, they should be working together as a team on recruitment. In an ideal world there would be members of the team who aren’t accountants or youth team coaches.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the reports that Willy Boly is up for sale with Adama also now..
Fosun have gotta surely now get recruitment's in for this window asap for Bruno..
As his Wolves squad is going to get smaller and weaker by the day.

If Coady, Kilman or Neves get an injury now we're ******
I think this is a very valid point. We do have a paper thin (senior) squad.

If Bruno has more faith in the U23s than Nuno had then I will trust his judgement. Although I was a little surprised when he put Dendoncker at RCB last Sunday (replacing Marcal) - instead of giving Sanderson 45 mins. We do have Jonny, Mosquero, Hwang & Neto to return I guess in the next 4-6 weeks.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've said this in a earlier post,but I'm not that bothered now if we don't get anyone in soon.We ony have Southampton and Brentford to play before it closes.Everyone is on the same wave length with us needing a new midfielder.But if Jordao is fit some of ya will be very surprised with him as he's very good on the ball.Bruno seems very pleased with his progress at the moment.So I cannot see the point in getting someone in just for the sake of it.So although I first said we need to get things done early.I'm more relaxed about it now with the injured players being back training on the grass.To me any signing will be a loan to buy scenario in the last throws of the window.Which I am quite happy with.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone else think that Bruno may already be 'turning heads' at other clubs, in the fast moving football world.
The Man U win being a flagship moment.
If we dont back him, and/or have mislead him....I am sure teams like Everton may come sniffing around...

Question is- how many times can Fosun pull a 'good en' out of relative obscurity....Zenga.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone else think that Bruno may already be 'turning heads' at other clubs, in the fast moving football world.
The Man U win being a flagship moment.
If we dont back him, and/or have mislead him....I am sure teams like Everton may come sniffing around...

Question is- how many times can Fosun pull a 'good en' out of relative obscurity....Zenga.
No- he will not be those clubs radar.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this is a very valid point. We do have a paper thin (senior) squad.

If Bruno has more faith in the U23s than Nuno had then I will trust his judgement. Although I was a little surprised when he put Dendoncker at RCB last Sunday (replacing Marcal) - instead of giving Sanderson 45 mins. We do have Jonny, Mosquero, Hwang & Neto to return I guess in the next 4-6 weeks.
I’ve read that if Sanderson plays we can only loan him back out to Birmingham, but if he doesn’t then he could still go elsewhere, so guessing that’s possibly on the books still. Subs bench doesn’t count.

Back
Top Bottom