Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Away Kit

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are wearing Green again today for the 2nd time this season.
Bit trivial really with everything else going on but why don't they announce things like this the day before the game like most clubs do?

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are we not wearing gold rather than an ASDA top I do not know

Unfortunately we have to wear the away kit a certain number of time, looks like this is one of them. Modern day football eh?

On a side note, didn't fans used to get a say in design/colour? I'm sure I remember we could vote either on the website or via Express & Star (had a choice of 4 designs/colour)?

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More concerned about winning the game than about a fashion show to be honest.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a side note, didn't fans used to get a say in design/colour? I'm sure I remember we could vote either on the website or via Express & Star (had a choice of 4 designs/colour)?
The halcyon days of Jezocracy in action :eek:

Golden Moth

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Unfortunately we have to wear the away kit a certain number of time, looks like this is one of them. Modern day football eh?

Only because we were stupid enough to sign a contract stipulating that. Even if it's a bit more expensive to have an out of the ordinary contract it would be worth it. Just look at any "why I started supporting Wolves" thread and you'll see how significant our colours are. I think the Chinese understand this so when the current contract expires I trust they'll arrange for one that puts our clubs interests first.

I had been looking forward to seeing us for the first time for a while today. Now the pleasure will be a bit less.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interestingly, in this Norwich v Wolves U23 game last week both played in their home kits and there isn't really a clash at all:

Interesting, certainly seen worse clashes from other teams (not so much us). Can't see them allowing it though

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Kits not good. Only bit I like are the hooped socks. Should be on the home kit as well if the kit is a throwback to 80's Umbro kit with the black lines on it.

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think i'd have tried hard to find an obscure midweek away game with no TV cameras for our lads to have to come out dressed up like unripe bananas to be honest.

W

Wichenford Wolf

Money Shop wanted green as it makes their American market think of dollars.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Think i'd have tried hard to find an obscure midweek away game with no TV cameras for our lads to have to come out dressed up like unripe bananas to be honest.
Hehe. It should have been last year's away kit- because we played like we had 11 goalkeepers on the pitch many times.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, I love the white one we had a few years ago, puma and whathouse logo with a black collar. Still use it for running!

Yeah that was beautiful. I'm gutted I didn't buy that.

thegrafter7

Reaction score
Could we be wearing the away kit as our home colours clash with the blackburns home goal keeper kit? Good for thought...

D

Deleted member 4382

I'm clearly in the minority, but I like the away kit... other than the mingey fanny of a sponsor on the front.

WarwickWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Whose bright idea was it to use green for the away kit? And shocking pink for the goalie? Its football, not a broadway musical. Is it the reason so many passes go astray - players can't see their team-mates against the green background of the pitch? Oh can't be - it also happens when we wear old gold too. But can we please get someone in to design these kits who knows something about the game?

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet another truly dreadful away kit. Revolting colour. Could come in useful on 5th November.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Whose bright idea was it to use green for the away kit? And shocking pink for the goalie? Its football, not a broadway musical. Is it the reason so many passes go astray - players can't see their team-mates against the green background of the pitch?

Confused our Danny, he managed to pick out a steward with 9 of his 10 passes.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, I love the white one we had a few years ago, puma and whathouse logo with a black collar. Still use it for running!

Always liked the white away kit. Still have my Staw Distribution top from the Sherpa Van Final, very smart

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely horrible away kit and completely unnecessary. When Jeff Shi can spare a minute away from appointing our next manager, I hope he puts a stop to this kind of corporate nonsense. We should always play in GOLD AND BLACK when there's no colour clash, FFS.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Absolutely horrible away kit and completely unnecessary. When Jeff Shi can spare a minute away from appointing our next manager, I hope he puts a stop to this kind of corporate nonsense. We should always play in GOLD AND BLACK when there's no colour clash, FFS.
Man after my own heart!!!

This in Spades

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel this whole quota is a rubbish myth. What evidence is there to this?

L

long ball man

White is the colour of Wolves' away kit. It was for over 100 years and has been quite a bit since the first flirtation away from white, which I think was 'Waterloo Blue' c. 1990.

Back
Top Bottom