Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Aston Villa v Wolves comms thread.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bill I would say that the vast majority of us are in the UK and have no way of watching the game through a UK broadcaster due to the 3PM blackout. There are legal ways to watch, but the rules don't permit any discussion, which is obviously something the mods have every right to decide. So for all intents and purposes no one in the UK had a way to watch.

Whatever other thoughts you've got, it seems a bit harsh to make such comments to someone who had no practical way of watching the game, and I'm sure Ned and many others would be quite happy to be in the 21st century here, but until clubs realise people would happily go to games and still pay to watch a high quality reliable official stream for games they can't make, then this isn't changing any time soon.
I too am in the UK. But the 21st Century version of it which is good (technology) and bad (Brexit) in equal measure. I however have no regard for rules governing my ability to watch Wolves at 3pm on a Saturday. As you rightly mention though, I can't discuss my exact method for doing so on this forum.

A good day to you Sir.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
you're wrong I absolutely love it!

I'm so glad that you decided to post such a completely load of *******s on an internet forum under your own username, it takes some doing to voluntarily reveal yourself as being an absolute idiot so congratulations on that, it's there for all to see for as long as the internet lasts

so just to clarify, watching a game on TV gives you some kind of right to post an opinion that somebody listening to a radio doesn't have can we just make sure that that's what you are saying because I certainly wouldn't want to be putting words in your mouth and if they do then they are simply passing off someone else's opinion as their own rather than forming an opinion of their own based on what they are hearing portrayed?
you can't seriously mean that but if you do I'm going to give you the chance to save face and accept that that is utter rubbish you've just said and we can move on

I didn't have any means of watching the game on TV and tbh I'm curious about how you did as I thought I saw somewhere that there was no legal way of doing so today, please correct me if I'm wrong but either way I follow Wolves in the best way I can which today was RadioWM on DAB which apparently is soooo last century but what can I do being such a poor and outdated pleb

and here's just one from many opinions that suggested we were less than brilliant in the early stages of the game which is when my apparently offending post was made, this from Contrarian:

We were poor for most of the first 70 minutes. As soon as we had to have a go, the mentality looked more positive and Villa looked edgy. As sure as we won 3-2, it's also a fact we hardly threatened Villas defence until they were 2-0 up. That's what's frustrating, that it looked like once again, we were limiting ourselves with over caution. Play like we did the first 70 minutes and 9 times out of ten, you still lose that game though, don't be fooled!

so feel free to take the same kind of issue with him (and many others) as you did with me

and for the record I'm absolutely ecstatic about the result but that doesn't disbar me from making whatever comments I like on whatever game I happen to be listening to in future

and even now you still didn't answer the question about your view of me as 'a glass half-empty kind of guy'

Mrs Bill S Preston Esq.: "You alright dear?"
Bill S. Preston Esq. : "There's this Ned Stark guy on Molineux Mix but I've I've seen him off now".
Mrs Bill S Preston Esq.: "You sure?"
So you're again posting another persons opinion. Their opinion is relevant. Yours is not however and as such you'll be put on the ignore list.

Irrelevant opinion isn't for me you see.

Who cares if my means of watching was "illegal" anyway.

Good day.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I too am in the UK. But the 21st Century version of it which is good (technology) and bad (Brexit) in equal measure. I however have no regard for rules governing my ability to watch Wolves at 3pm on a Saturday. As you rightly mention though, I can't discuss my exact method for doing so on this forum.

A good day to you Sir.
So what I take from this is that if I am not prepared to break the law to watch a Wolves game illegally which I have no idea how to do and apparently I don’t live in the 21st century anyway then I am not entitled to express an opinion on how that match is going despite following it by the best legal means I have available to me.

Funny old world ay it.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had to laugh when Lee Hendrie on commentary said of Saiss' goal 'He won't get an easier chance than that'.
Clearly Hendrie wasn't there last season...
Or even earlier this season!

I also reserve anger for Saiss as his non celebration for the equaliser convinced me it was disallowed

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So you're again posting another persons opinion. Their opinion is relevant. Yours is not however and as such you'll be put on the ignore list.

Irrelevant opinion isn't for me you see.

Who cares if my means of watching was "illegal" anyway.

Good day.
You see that hole over there, well if anyone can dig it deeper I’m sure it’s you

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anyway back to talking of the Actual MATCH, that's got to be the best way to ruin the vile fans weekend/season/life :), let them go 2 up,let them start spirting out there jibs and swanky chant's and comments, then stuff their words back down there sorry little throats, Doesn't come much better aye.
Come on you Mighty Wolves,

Kford

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know it’s highly unlikely but what are the chances that we are on MOTD first

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t normally read the comma thread on matches but I’ve just flipped through some of the posts
I assume majority of the posts were from people who were not at the game?

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha ha ha ha…. Out of darkness cometh light my friend.

Not true at all. Out of darkness cometh substitutions that should have been made long before we were two down. The crowd were proved right. The manager should NOT have waited to be two down before he changed it up. That was not a tactical master class!!! The sun shines on every dogs **** SOME day. That was just a freak. It was luck. To pretend otherwise is nonsense. We won. I was ecstatic at the end. Did we deserve it. No. But that’s football. That set up and refusal to change it for til two down when it was obvious what we needed was amateur.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This aged well
It was spot on for 75 /80 minutes. No one would have ever seen that turnaround coming. I didn’t see you saying we would win 3-2 ! Amazing as always you harass my posts and no one else’s , loads of us were saying the same thing. But as usual captain hindsight comes to the party when it’s safe to do so.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
that was a freak result. We were rubbish against a totally rubbish team and it really did not need to be that way. We were set up to lose and the stupid manager sat on his hands for most of the game when it was obvious what changes were needed. Why wait to be two down? The smug posters who deny that he was nothing more than lucky today can kid themselves otherwise bu IMO we were tactically pathetic today.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not true at all. Out of darkness cometh substitutions that should have been made long before we were two down. The crowd were proved right. The manager should NOT have waited to be two down before he changed it up. That was not a tactical master class!!! The sun shines on every dogs **** SOME day. That was just a freak. It was luck. To pretend otherwise is nonsense. We won. I was ecstatic at the end. Did we deserve it. No. But that’s football. That set up and refusal to change it for til two down when it was obvious what we needed was amateur.

You’re welcome to your opinion, I happen to think you’re talking rubbish. I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This aged well

Just as well as your predictions that Adama wouldnt play a minute in the summer for Spain in the Euros. We'll discuss Brentford at the end of the season. Kilmans doing very well as well isnt he? You weren't so keen on him last season.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many people have the opinion that miracles do not exist in the modern age, what about this result to ensure that they are wrong. I prayed to the Lord at around your 4.45pm to make a miracle and get us a point, He went for more than that as He got us 3 points. No doubt it was a miracle and nothing more than that to get that result.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was spot on for 75 /80 minutes. No one would have ever seen that turnaround coming. I didn’t see you saying we would win 3-2 ! Amazing as always you harass my posts and no one else’s , loads of us were saying the same thing. But as usual captain hindsight comes to the party when it’s safe to do so.
It was the covid talking, not you...wink wink

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Do you ever stop moaning & are you ever happy ?

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
this is my only take on the match, Vile 2 Wolves 3, 3 more points, 8th in the Premier league, we move on to the next game,
Simples,:)

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you ever stop moaning & are you ever happy ?

Rosehill is a good bloke. Trust me. He puts his points across differently in the heat of the moment and clearly some dont like it but I find some of the digs at him poor. From my point of view I will fight his corner on here as I know he is a Wolves fan for many years.
He has also been very ill recently so cut him some slack.

Pseudonym

Groupie
Reaction score
Me too mate and I'm ****ing delighted.

This is your game though mate. Complain and get it right and you say “I told you so”, but if you’re wrong it means we’re winning, which is equally as desirable an outcome for you.

Reading back this comms thread was embarrassing for many. Hard to gain respect but bloody easy to lose it….

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rosehill is a good bloke. Trust me. He puts his points across differently in the heat of the moment and clearly some dont like it but I find some of the digs at him poor. From my point of view I will fight his corner on here as I know he is a Wolves fan for many years.
Exactly, he's been in the 'spittle with the covid which is no fun at all.
I don't know the guy, but I suspect much of his moans are tongue in cheek.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In all fairness I’ve never once seen him post one single positive thing, never ever.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Did we lose? You'd think so according to some of the posts on here.
Guess what? We won. We didn't play great, but 3/4 of the team played 3 matches in the last 2 weeks, and Bruno couldn't even train with his main guys for this match. I think we did pretty well to come away with all the points, and prove the team have grit and determination going forward. Not sure what is not to like...

Back
Top Bottom