Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Arsenal Verdict Thread

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best performance of the season in many regards. Actually looked like the wolves of last season. Lucky not to win it in the end.

Thought Donk who was at fault for the goal grew into the game and did some very important blocks and headers in the end.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I will say, that elusive victory away to Arsenal is coming. Each time we look more and more fierce, in the same fury that people want us to beat Villa, this is the big game I want to win. We were so close, and we are a cloud that looms over them, they simply hate playing us.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best performance of the season in many regards. Actually looked like the wolves of last season. Lucky not to win it in the end.

Thought Donk who was at fault for the goal grew into the game and did some very important blocks and headers in the end.

Fair comment on Donk. You could see first half that he can and has played back there, but was rusty. Second half he was much better, and that header was a goal saver.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is one game I am going to enjoy watch all over again.
Btw, BBC sport page says....

“Arsenal held to draw by Wolves!”

bloody cheek.....Arsenal held Wolves to a draw......we came closer to getting a winner than they did.....several times.
They were lucky not to lose, imo

Agree but you would not know we even played, judging by the “Final Score” review - interviewed Luiz and then neither of the pundits (Cahill? And Dublin) mentioned Wolves at all. Bet we are on last on MOTD as well!

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Agree but you would not know we even played, judging by the “Final Score” review - interviewed Luiz and then neither of the pundits (Cahill? And Dublin) mentioned Wolves at all. Bet we are on last on MOTD as well!
To be fair if you had carried on watching Final Score after it finished on BBC1 (it continued on the red button and online for a while) you would have seen that they did a lengthy post match interview with Nuno, who was very happy and more animated than normal.

nortonwolf

Reaction score
Sat in the away end and made a fool of myself when we scored. The guys around me panicked everytime adama got the ball.
I was 20 feet from jota last attempt, really could have won that.
Good point

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't believe no one else picked up this pearl from the BBC. I'll place it here so we can all read and enjoy a few times:

"Arsenal failed to have a single shot on target in the second half of this match, with their last effort coming in the 32nd minute."

Oh yes. Against Wolves that was.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic day and best performance of the season, could and should have won
Proud of the team and support. Pray we never get like Arsenal, listening to the comments on the way back to FP what a load of entitled ********s.
A chorus of boos came from their fans at the end. The entitled darlings.

M

merseawolf

Haha
Fantastic day and best performance of the season, could and should have won
Proud of the team and support. Pray we never get like Arsenal, listening to the comments on the way back to FP what a load of entitled ********s.
Yes I heard the same. ‘ a team like Wolves’ blah blah

S

ShropshireLad

Can't believe no one else picked up this pearl from the BBC. I'll place it here so we can all read and enjoy a few times:

"Arsenal failed to have a single shot on target in the second half of this match, with their last effort coming in the 32nd minute."

:eek:
Jeez, I realised they were ineffective around the area but I didn't realise that!

Kcrusader

Groupie
Reaction score
Was at the game today. Great performance from the boys - real attacking intent and threat just a shame we couldn’t convert our chances. We had Arsenal a on the back foot for a while and could have easily won. Great statement from the lads and we took the game to them. Onwards and upwards. Jonny, Diogo and Traore were a real threat. Come on me babbies, FWAW

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great to finally see us take the game to the opposition. Been banging on about Nuno's ridiculously defensive mindset for ages. Also glad to see Neves playing 15 to 20 yards further forward, which has also been a personal obsession. He looks such a better player when he is more offensive.

M

merseawolf

Thought we were really good and positive from start to finish. They had a good spell around their goal but we more than matched them on their own patch for 2nd season running.
Special mention for Neves. Thought he was back to not his best but really good to watch

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I live in the nuclear free zone that is the London Borough of Bromley.
Off topic but ..... I have to smile when they claim nuclear free zones (they did in Derbyshire >30years ago) because nowehere will be nuclear free if they let a few bombs go, the fall out will see to that.:eek:

D

Deleted member 4436

Dominated the game for the best part of an hour. We looked fluid and dangerous.
I though Donk was excellent, given that he's new into that position for us. He's got to grow there now. He isn't an AMF.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Good performance, exactly how I'd like to see us play all the time, on the front foot at a higher tempo not just looking to counter. Our players always look way better with a good tempo.

The 5-10 mins was tense/exiting, truly end to end stuff with both teams looking for a win. Exactly how it should be.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is one game I am going to enjoy watch all over again.
Btw, BBC sport page says....

“Arsenal held to draw by Wolves!”

bloody cheek.....Arsenal held Wolves to a draw......we came closer to getting a winner than they did.....several times.
They were lucky not to lose, imo

One of the benefits of DAZN, watch the full game twice and the highlights three times. :D:D

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Have to be happy with a point at Arsenal after going in 1 down at half time. Two wins going into the international break would be very nice.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Off topic but ..... I have to smile when they claim nuclear free zones (they did in Derbyshire >30years ago) because nowehere will be nuclear free if they let a few bombs go, the fall out will see to that.:eek:
"The bomb that drops on you will kill your friends and neighours too"

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked like the Wolves of last year, possibly because the players had a weeks rest!

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We shoulda won then. Boooo. Nuno out!

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was the Wolves of last season. We were brilliant today, just need to be more clinical. We should’ve won the game, but it’s a solid point away from home.

I thought Dendoncker looked good in the back three. Neves looked much better not sat on Coady’s lap. Jota and Raul brilliant. Hopefully we can take this performance into the two games this week.

D

Deleted member 4453

A chorus of boos came from their fans at the end. The entitled darlings.

Indeed, joke club and my hate for them has renewed today.

Listening to 606 the last hour or so, caller expects to "beat the likes of Sheffield United and Wolves". There's a reason your not, your club hasn't got the same passion despite the vast difference in price tags over each players heads.

Top 6 fans are a joke, they need rockets up their arses. Nothing is a given in football.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think clubs like Wolves are going to be second in the reporting lines until we can consistently dine at the top 6 table. Maybe even make a healthy top 7.

So much better with Neves further up and I bet he is happier for it as well. Villa next up. Unlucky against Liverpool and will be out to show us they are the new 'kings of the Midlands'. Bless.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Mostly delighted we got the point which was the least we deserved so that the performance doesn't go unappreciated. Several players who have struggled a bit did very well, Neves in particular. Jonny also good, Jota getting better, Coady putting some good long balls wide, Traore still the biggest threat. Raul did so well for the goal and Dendoncker excellent second half. Negatives too few and indognificant to mention.

Back
Top Bottom