Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Arsenal Verdict Thread

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Really pleased with the performance. Showed good, positive intent from the start and were desperately unlucky to go in behind.

Thoroughly deserved equaliser and probably deserved to go on and win the game.

Thought Jonny was excellent, Diogo very good in the second half and Raul superb throughout. Also good to see Neves playing slightly further forward and his best performance in weeks.

Patricio 7
Dendoncker 6
Coady 7
Saiss 6
Doherty 7
Neves 7
Moutinho 7
Jonny 8
Traore 6
Raul 7
Jota 7

Feels strange to be a little disappointed at only drawing 1-1 away at Arsenal but given we had 25 attempts on goal, we probably should have nicked it.

Well done all, really good stuff all round.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very good performance could have gone either way. Really enjoyed the football.

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked like the performance of side who massively benefited from a mid-week break to me. Great energy levels for the full 90 mins and tactics spot on. Once Jota, Jimenez (and Traore!) get in the groove like last season we’ll start converting more of these to wins. A v pleasing point.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First and foremost you should enjoy watching your team, and that was a good watch today.

Arsenal were there to be got at and credit to Nuno for starting with the 3-4-3.

I’ve been super critical of Neves recently but he played well today, much higher up the pitch. For me, this is the only system that suits his game.

Could’ve got the win on another day but pleased with the draw.

Y

Yout85

Thought we were excellent against an Arsenal team who also played well. Great game of football and can't argue with, or be too disappointed with a point.

Our unbeaten run in London extends (around 1 3/4 years now I believe).

Jonny MoM for me. Jota starting to look sharper and Neves had his best game of the season.

Happy.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought that header by dendoncker at our goal at the end was a game saver when it happened. PHEW!!!!

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
well deserved point one of our better first halfs. Neves unsurprisingly looking better playing further forward. Raul kept going and eventually got his goal. Traore did well first half not in the game as much second half. Hopefully docs injury is nothing serious or long term. with a bit better play/luck in with the final ball we could have won the game, bit of a soft goal to conceed as well
overall more positives than negatives

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really enjoyed that. So much better than recent weeks and no bad performances. Defence is a real issue due to injuries (and now doc) but they coped well enough overall.

Good all round team performance and Neves looks far better in this formation.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really pleased with the performance. Showed good, positive intent from the start and were desperately unlucky to go in behind.

Thoroughly deserved equaliser and probably deserved to go on and win the game.

Thought Jonny was excellent, Diogo very good in the second half and Raul superb throughout. Also good to see Neves playing slightly further forward and his best performance in weeks.

Patricio 7
Dendoncker 6
Coady 7
Saiss 6
Doherty 7
Neves 7
Moutinho 7
Jonny 8
Traore 6
Raul 7
Jota 7

Feels strange to be a little disappointed at only drawing 1-1 away at Arsenal but given we had 25 attempts on goal, we probably should have nicked it.

Well done all, really good stuff all round.
Spot on Tring. Early season, I was very critical of Jonny. I'm extremely glad to have had those words well and truly rammed down my throat. He's been very good these last few weeks. Today, even when he had to switch over he was still getting forward and playing very intelligently. Can't 100% remember but was it his quick throw to Moutinho for the goal? Jota - well that second half - **** me - I got a feeling Thursday's gonna be tasty from him! Great to see that Neves and the impeccable Moutinho can play as a pair in the middle of the park. Also, with Neves advanced as he was today, we see more shots from him, one in the second half forcing a save from their goalie. Lots to be positive about today. However poor an Arsenal side that is, we bossed that game for the most part and that still is something to be proud of. Makes up a little for the Villa debacle.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm glad we didn't give up on 3-4-3 just because it didn't work last season. We have a much more potent and on-form front 3 than we did back then. We can make it work, especially if we get in a more physical midfielder in January.

Tipton Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Superb point. Please take the lead more often or not be behind at half time.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A spirited performance from us today in a very good game. Plenty of zip on display and a good all round energy level from the whole team. Thought we looked a little brittle at the back at times but very lively going forward. Hope Doc’s injury isn’t serious.

It says a lot about how far we have come that we probably all feel disappointed not to have won the game (away at Arsenal).

D

Deleted member 5910

A very good performance (after City, perhaps our best so far) and a very entertaining contest. 3-4-3 is undoubtedly the system we should be using for the time being.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
Much better performance today from us. We were on the front foot from the off. Pushing Neves 10 yards up the pitch changes us as a team. He aswell is a much more effective player. We deserved all 3 but as I said on another thread we need to be more clinical in both attack and defence. Their goal for me was avoidable twice before it got to the score. Jonny should of stopped the cross, Coady should of been stronger. That's me being super critical.

Jota second half was back to himself. Raul hatf working as ever and well taken goal.

Hope doc is not injured to badly. Bring on Thursday

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those that went how did the defence do with Saiss and Dendoncker?

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spot on Tring. Early season, I was very critical of Jonny. I'm extremely glad to have had those words well and truly rammed down my throat. He's been very good these last few weeks. Today, even when he had to switch over he was still getting forward and playing very intelligently. Can't 100% remember but was it his quick throw to Moutinho for the goal? Jota - well that second half - **** me - I got a feeling Thursday's gonna be tasty from him! Great to see that Neves and the impeccable Moutinho can play as a pair in the middle of the park. Also, with Neves advanced as he was today, we see more shots from him, one in the second half forcing a save from their goalie. Lots to be positive about today. However poor an Arsenal side that is, we bossed that game for the most part and that still is something to be proud of. Makes up a little for the Villa debacle.
Won’t Jota be banned Thursday?

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Decent point and some positives.

Jota is so key to how we play and him being on it means we're doing well.
I'd look to give Vinagre a run on the left with him as Jonny although got into good positions slows it down allowing the defence to re group.
I actually think Jonny looked better down the right when they switched.

Neves was much better and further forward so the formation is worth persistenting with.
I wish he'd take the corners and free kicks though! That one Mountinho took was frustrating!

Thank god Raul is so good! Looks knacked though.

Troare was fine although i'd like to see him try to run onto a ball sometime.
Their guy sussed him out in the 2nd half so the stop start wasn't working for me.
I did enjoy the drive through the middle and should look to mix it up a bit more.

I did enjoy the early pressing until they settled into the game more.

Hopefully we'll lead a game soon.

Have a good evening all.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look at the money Arsenal have spent compared to us and I think in the end they were lucky to get a draw. 343 with Neves at last playing further forward is just the ticket. We still need to improve in front of goal but massively encouraging performance. Have to remember that Boly and Bennett missing so boys deserve great praise.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This game was Nuno’s doing. He must have told them to move up, and take chances and shots. Look what happens when your not afraid to attack......good viable chances.
And chances lead to goals with relying solely on breakaways.
If we play like that more often,( like last season), we will do well.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry but Jota is suspended for Thursday.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn’t Jota suspended for Thursday’s game?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Deserved to win but will take a point. Raul or Jonny MotM. Well done the back three came through a big test reasonably well. Keep playing like that and the wins will come.

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought it was a good spirited performance. Obviously shaky in defence but that's understandable. Could easily have nicked it. Traore was looking menacing. Onwards ...

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd look to give Vinagre a run on the left with him as Jonny although got into good positions slows it down allowing the defence to re group.
I actually think Jonny looked better down the right when they switched.

I suspect that Doherty will be out for at least a few weeks and that would be my preferred choice I think. Jonny was definitely better coming forward on the right side this afternoon, I thought he was a bit narrow when we were defending though.

Vicious Sid

Reaction score
pleasing performance.
arsenal are still a top 5 team at home.
so many comebacks from losing is a tribute to a strong team spirit, faith in the system and fitness.

S

ShropshireLad

Thought we were excellent against an Arsenal team who also played well. Great game of football and can't argue with, or be too disappointed with a point.

Our unbeaten run in London extends (around 1 3/4 years now I believe).

Jonny MoM for me. Jota starting to look sharper and Neves had his best game of the season.

Happy.
I can't believe that there'll be any moaners about that performance. Hang on...

Back
Top Bottom