Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Apology or explanation?

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No need to elaborate on title of thread, but does anyone know if we have received one from PGMOL, yet?

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently it’s handball, just like Moutinho’s at City or Kilmans vs Leicester ! If we didn’t have bad luck

So basically instead of shooting tell our players to just try passing the bal on to an opponents hand as that’ll be handball! ****ing ridiculous, blasted at you from 2 yards, 0.2 seconds reaction time! Pathetic

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently it’s handball, just like Moutinho’s at City or Kilmans vs Leicester ! If we didn’t have bad luck

So basically instead of shooting tell our players to just try passing the bal on to an opponents hand as that’ll be handball! ****ing ridiculous, blasted at you from 2 yards, 0.2 seconds reaction time! Pathetic
The sad fact appears to be that we have to accept it, then.

No explanation, no complaints procedure, ever changing incomprehensible rules, incompetent referees and totally inept VAR officials. Oh, and it will get worse Imo. These official and rule makers are earning top salaries and being paid for incompetence week after week.

Football is a sport watched by millions of hard working people, spending hard earned money, every week, supporting their favourite team. It is being ruined by overpaid jobsworths, who have never played the game and are ruining the enjoyment and entertainment that football is supposed to provide.

I honestly thought VAR would bring a lot of fairness into the game. What a bloody idiot I was for thinking that. How many games do we see stopped for ages, whilst VAR officials review and review a decision or non decision by a referee (and still get it wrong).

My love of the game is nothing like it was before VAR and I don’t think it will get any better whilst we have the incompetence, confusion and unfairness we have now!

Another rant over.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to the Athletic the club have basically given up complaining about the regular, poor decisions against us and presumably just accept we're probably the unluckiest VAR club in the league.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good VAR, bad VAR, we've been **** for nearly 3 seasons now, can't score, boring to watch, at the end of the day we'd perhaps be a few points better off so instead of finishing 13th we'd have finished 11th. Big deal. These threads are as boring as watching us. There's **** all we can do about it but dust ourselves down and go again.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good VAR, bad VAR, we've been **** for nearly 3 seasons now, can't score, boring to watch, at the end of the day we'd perhaps be a few points better off so instead of finishing 13th we'd have finished 11th. Big deal. These threads are as boring as watching us. There's **** all we can do about it but dust ourselves down and go again.

This year it will/could be the difference between finishing 18th or 17th. Then it will be a big deal.

We can debate all we want about our team, and nobody is really defending the way we play - hence the questioning of whether O'Neil should keep his job.

However, we have constantly been cheated. There are 7 incidents in less than a year that Madeley listed in his article that are unacceptable and complete howlers. Zero the other way.

It's incredible and it has a huge difference on the outcome of the season.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Like he said, 11th to 13th is £4m, and a bit of annoyance. 17th to 18th is £100m and possible oblivion of the Championship for God knows how long. The ramifications are enormous, which IIRC was why they decided they had to stop making mistakes by bringing in VAR!

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It hardly got a mention over the weekend on the radio. Probably because it was Wolves v Luton, not important for them to waste time over debating it.

fleck1

Reaction score
Listened to Dermot Gallagher on sky yesterday, when pushed said he didn't feel it was a penalty. But then proceeded to spend the next few minutes telling us why his mate and VAR gave it. This is half the battle its people like him that should be calling it out as poor refereeing, instead they make excuses and that's why nothing ever improves.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Listened to Dermot Gallagher on sky yesterday, when pushed said he didn't feel it was a penalty. But then proceeded to spend the next few minutes telling us why his mate and VAR gave it. This is half the battle its people like him that should be calling it out as poor refereeing, instead they make excuses and that's why nothing ever improves.
Reading Edwards’ piece in the E&S he was apparently listening to the VAR conversation and it was because Gomes arm was in an unnatural position which is totally the wrong call as the rules state if the ball deflects off the player onto their arm it is not a penalty - it doesn’t say unless arm is in an unnatural position.

Gomes arm is in a perfectly natural position for the block he is making and if they have rewritten the rules to justify their decision it ignore the fact that a player may have their arm in an unnatural position avoid direct initial contact with the ball and it’s the deflection from 2 feet that has caused it to hit him.

Rugrats

Reaction score
The sad fact appears to be that we have to accept it, then.

No explanation, no complaints procedure, ever changing incomprehensible rules, incompetent referees and totally inept VAR officials. Oh, and it will get worse Imo. These official and rule makers are earning top salaries and being paid for incompetence week after week.

Football is a sport watched by millions of hard working people, spending hard earned money, every week, supporting their favourite team. It is being ruined by overpaid jobsworths, who have never played the game and are ruining the enjoyment and entertainment that football is supposed to provide.

I honestly thought VAR would bring a lot of fairness into the game. What a bloody idiot I was for thinking that. How many games do we see stopped for ages, whilst VAR officials review and review a decision or non decision by a referee (and still get it wrong).

My love of the game is nothing like it was before VAR and I don’t think it will get any better whilst we have the incompetence, confusion and unfairness we have now!

Another rant over.
The clear issue is, the VAR officials are the refs mates!! No crime there but clearly you’re not going to want to make your mate look like a clown!

The only way round it is to train, employ VAR officials who have no connection with the pool of premiership referees. Don’t even tell the refs who is in the VAR box.

OR just wait a couple of years for AI to catch up then you won’t need either of them.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
He repeatedly said stuff along the lines of 'people think handball is an easy decision, but actually it's really hard'.

Well my opinion is that all this has come out of the removal of 'intent'. It's obvious that Gomes didn't intend to handle the ball, so a few years ago there's no way it would have been given (although with this ref who knows). However they decided to get rid of intent, which the gave us the refs judging what constitutes a natural position. Then we can argue about whether Gomes' arm is in a natural position and if it hits it directly then even though many will see it as natural, we all know it's going to be a pen. Then we have the fact that it's deflected off his thigh, which means it's ridiculous to imagine that he's deliberately tried to block ball, so it's certainly not a penalty under the current laws. You can see Doc and others actually explaining what's happened to the ref, but in his inexperienced mind and with no help from the clueless Brooks on VAR (I mean you'd imagine they'd have a more experienced VAR if they're giving a local PE teacher the whistle), he forgets this guidance and just goes to the 'natural position'. They then make the incredibly silly claim that as the guidance says 'head/kicks the ball' and he didn't play the ball, it just hit him on the thigh, the guidance doesn't apply.

Last edited:

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lets just get the ball in the opponents box more, and out of ours so that we don't have to depend on whether VAR is gonna shaft us or not. I bet Newcastle's forum are not talking much about their VAR injustice against Sheffield United.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not true, we would have qualified for the Europa League, when Burnley equalised in injury time, when a Wolves player Protected his face from a Burnley player's foot and the ball went against his hand. Penalty was given, to Burnley instead of dangerous play to us. That was the difference between the Europa League, or not qualifying.

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If Mike Dean said it was a howler and wasn't a penalty its a really ****ing bad call.
Gallagher is a puppet yes man, apart from Gabby AgMomsaWhore he is the only person who has said he understands it

bigwolf

Reaction score
If Mike Dean said it was a howler and wasn't a penalty its a really ****ing bad call.
Gallagher is a puppet yes man, apart from Gabby AgMomsaWhore he is the only person who has said he understands it

Mike Dean. The man who gave the handball peno for Burnley against us when Doherty was protecting his face from an incoming kung fu kick.

I would not listen to anything that clown says.

Dermot Gallagher was on talksport last night and said it was a penalty.

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Mike Dean. The man who gave the handball peno for Burnley against us when Doherty was protecting his face from an incoming kung fu kick.

I would not listen to anything that clown says.

Dermot Gallagher was on talksport last night and said it was a penalty.
Thats my point even Dean said it wasn't a pen.

Gallagher was making excuses on SSN yesterday about how high is arm was and how he understood why it was given - couldn't lie straight in bed

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He repeatedly said stuff along the lines of 'people think handball is an easy decision, but actually it's really hard'.

Well my opinion is that all this has come out of the removal of 'intent'. It's obvious that Gomes didn't intend to handle the ball, so a few years ago there's no way it would have been given (although with this ref who knows). However they decided to get rid of intent, which the gave us the refs judging what constitutes a natural position. Then we can argue about whether Gomes' arm is in a natural position and if it hits it directly then even though many will see it as natural, we all know it's going to be a pen. Then we have the fact that it's deflected off his thigh, which means it's ridiculous to imagine that he's deliberately tried to block ball, so it's certainly not a penalty under the current laws. You can see Doc and others actually explaining what's happened to the ref, but in his inexperienced mind and with no help from the clueless Brooks on VAR (I mean you'd imagine they'd have a more experienced VAR if they're giving a local PE teacher the whistle), he forgets this guidance and just goes to the 'natural position'. They then make the incredibly silly claim that as the guidance says 'head/kicks the ball' and he didn't play the ball, it just hit him on the thigh, the guidance doesn't apply.
Perfectly put. Send that to Webb. It's unanswerable.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
I think we should now use this as a legitimate tactic; get into the box and deliberately flick the ball up onto the opponents arm.

It would be a very interesting test case to see what the officials do.

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think we should now use this as a legitimate tactic; get into the box and deliberately flick the ball up onto the opponents arm.

It would be a very interesting test case to see what the officials do.
If i was GON I'd be working on it in training but we do need to get into the opponents box first though which is a problem

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Needs an experienced ex-player, who has a far better idea of what a "natural" position is, to assist VAR ref, clear that Gallagher had no idea on Ref Watch as pointed out by Sue Smith and Stephen Warnock. Would also help with other decisions.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This year it will/could be the difference between finishing 18th or 17th. Then it will be a big deal.

We can debate all we want about our team, and nobody is really defending the way we play - hence the questioning of whether O'Neil should keep his job.

However, we have constantly been cheated. There are 7 incidents in less than a year that Madeley listed in his article that are unacceptable and complete howlers. Zero the other way.

On this point if it is true that now we are stopping complaining avout tbese bad deciosions and obvious bias how can we expect our players to play at their very best. When you know every decision is goint to go against you why bother? But more importantly when you know that the club will just roll over why should you care.
Things do not get better if you do not stand up to them and to let it continue will just lead to one thing and that is our weakening position and downwards trajectory.
If as say that it is true that the club will no longer even question these decisions it shows the most desrespect to the fans who pay for a product and do not get what they are buying-fair play.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ok, have a whinge on here. As I said above there's **** all we can do about it but suck it up. What we can do is play better and get some more points on the board.

SevernWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I'd prefer that Wolves appealed the red card. In the context of the previous 10 seconds, I think it's clear that it was an attempt to struggle free rather than a deliberate stamp.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets just get the ball in the opponents box more, and out of ours so that we don't have to depend on whether VAR is gonna shaft us or not. I bet Newcastle's forum are not talking much about their VAR injustice against Sheffield United.
This is my point entirely. If we were 3-0 up in games VAR would not be so important. We've been shafted many times now and has all our ranting and raving made the slightest difference? No. If VAR could be retrospectively overturned and the penalty goal dismissed then great and we get 3 points. That's never going to happen. I'd rather concentrate on how **** we are playing as there is some chance our fans' voice may be heard?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not true, we would have qualified for the Europa League, when Burnley equalised in injury time, when a Wolves player Protected his face from a Burnley player's foot and the ball went against his hand. Penalty was given, to Burnley instead of dangerous play to us. That was the difference between the Europa League, or not qualifying.
I hear you. But did your/our/ the Club's protests make any difference?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On this point if it is true that now we are stopping complaining avout tbese bad deciosions and obvious bias how can we expect our players to play at their very best. When you know every decision is goint to go against you why bother? But more importantly when you know that the club will just roll over why should you care.
Things do not get better if you do not stand up to them and to let it continue will just lead to one thing and that is our weakening position and downwards trajectory.
If as say that it is true that the club will no longer even question these decisions it shows the most desrespect to the fans who pay for a product and do not get what they are buying-fair play.
Players don't know 'every decision is going to go against you'. That's just being silly.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd prefer that Wolves appealed the red card. In the context of the previous 10 seconds, I think it's clear that it was an attempt to struggle free rather than a deliberate stamp.
No, he stamped on his leg.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players don't know 'every decision is going to go against you'. That's just being silly.
In life we say things and often exaggerate knowing that the other person will realise it is a generality. I apologise if you did not read it as such. If you have a boss who constantly picks you up on things you do it is likely to affect your performance in a negative way but they do not have to do it lla the time. So there have been enough tijmes in matches where we know we are not going to get the rub of the green. Fouls not given against where lesser ones are given to us is an example. That is called bias whether intentional or not. Samd with yellows or reds.
As I say we all exaggerate as I am sure you did when you commented that what I wrote was silly.:D

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, he stamped on his leg.
I usually agree with what you say, but here you're just being contrary for the sake of it! Bellegarde tried to push him off, and used his foot to do so. That is not a stamp. The ref didn't even see it, he went with the crowd's reaction and one of the Luton players brandishing an imaginary red card. Plus the Luton player who had Bellegarde in a leg lock rolled around like he'd been shot -- simulation. A yellow card each would have been fair and proportionate. Bellegarde was stupid to let himself be wound up by a deliberate piece of bad sportsmanship.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you stamp on someone when they're holding you down on the ground?
That is the point. The ref did not look at the whole incident. If your leg is trapped it is an obvious reaction to try to free it. Even if regarded as a kick in isolation should not be in sequence. The question should be what should our player have done? Just lay there until the referee came over to separate the players?

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I sort of agree with this view. While we are as shiit as we are, all this crap (and it was a crap decision) about VAR shafting Wolves is background noise. It's something the fans can vent their anger against rather than the ineptitude of the people running, coaching and playing for our club.
As you say, Newcastle aren't moaning about VAR, or Brighton or Villa or West Ham (all clubs that we were competing with a few years ago). They are simply running football clubs as they should be run; giving winning entertainment to their fans.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No need to elaborate on title of thread, but does anyone know if we have received one from PGMOL, yet?
We won't because it's not a blantant error like the one against United.

Handballs have way too much "grey" in the decision rather than being black and white. The ref is given too much personal choice when it come to them.

Back
Top Bottom