Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Apology or explanation?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Just wish they would simplify the rule. If it hits your hand, regardless of it being intentional or some other ****** about unnatural arm positions, then it’s a penalty…like it was when I was a kid.

The problem is, nobody knows what handball is these days (not even the bloody Ref’s) because of all the bs that’s attached to the rule. Just simplify it for Christs sake!
Never was like that though. Handball always had to be deliberate.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we already know that these special exceptions only apply to us. Like the third man complaining to the ref, the demolition of our strikers in the box of a goalie, and so on. Howard Webb and his band of merry men can **** off this planet never to be seen again as far as I’m concerned. Incompetent, biased or corrupt, it’s irrelevant, as we’re ****ed every time.
Yes, we've had a terrible run of bad decisions but I bet if you went on all 91 other fan forums you'd find threads exactly like ours complaining about refs, VAR, PGMOL?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I GOT A GENERIC REPLY!!

I’m afraid we are unable to comment on specific incidents that occur in games.

We understand it can be perplexing when there appear to be inconsistencies in the decisions taken by match officials. Each will have their own interpretation of an incident, and no two are ever identical. When incidents seem similar, the speed of the players may vary, and the referee may be in a different position with an altered viewing angle. Professional Game Match Officials (PGMOL) the body that employ Select Group referees does work hard to ensure a consistent approach where possible. (BIG BRACKETS!! WHERE POSSIBLE!!)

Standards are high, but referees will, of course, occasionally make mistakes. Owing to the subjective nature of many of the Laws, we as individuals we may also not always agree ourselves with all of their decisions. The performances of each Select Group match official is reviewed by experts in detail in different ways, each with a view to improving their performance from week-to-week. Referees are under intense scrutiny from within the game and are appropriately critiqued if it is felt that an incorrect decision has been made. (TO ENSURE ITS IN FAVOUR OF THE RIGHT TEAM)

The referee’s technical performance in a match is reported on by an assessor. These reports focus on the referee’s control of the match, positioning, the way they deal with key incidents as well as the way they communicate decisions.

Reports can be shared with the referees on a formal or informal basis. Match analysis tools can also be used to evaluate performance, using data and modelling of incidents. This also doubles as an aid for training and development. The reports can also be a factor in determining match appointments for future Premier League games.

I hope this helps to clarify how we are working with PGMOL to maintain and develop standards of refereeing.

The use of VAR is explained in more detail at the link below, including the ‘high bar’ measure which is used to assess subjective decisions:

Video Assistant Referees Explained | VAR | Premier League

Retrospective reviews of on-field incidents are a matter for The FA, rather than the Premier League. You can read more on their processes in this area, which includes the issuing of player bans or any related club appeals, at the link below:

FA Disciplinary: suspensions, written reasons, Fair Play (thefa.com)

Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

THEY DONT CARE, PATHETIC PA RESPONSE

Last edited:

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Listened to Dermot Gallagher on sky yesterday, when pushed said he didn't feel it was a penalty. But then proceeded to spend the next few minutes telling us why his mate and VAR gave it. This is half the battle its people like him that should be calling it out as poor refereeing, instead they make excuses and that's why nothing ever improves.
Unfortunately our whole society is now an excuse culture. No one is accountable and everyone has a sad reason for whatever disgraceful thing they have done. (Except if you are a fire arms officer, they aren't defended. They are politically hung)

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, we've had a terrible run of bad decisions but I bet if you went on all 91 other fan forums you'd find threads exactly like ours complaining about refs, VAR, PGMOL?

I’m sure you probably would, but as I’ve said a few times, how many PGMOL apologies have been given to opposition teams playing us? We’ve had what, four or so since Howard Webb started doing them, and for the life of me, I can’t remember a single one given to teams playing us. That’s just the tip of the iceberg. There are many more contentious decisions which are not considered worthy of an apology, like the one against Luton. Now in that larger group, I think there may be a few “lucky” decisions in our favour, but many more “unlucky” decisions. So my point is not that we are alone in getting poor decisions, but we are one of the clubs where the poor decisions negatively affecting us far outweigh those benefiting us. That’s at least biased.

Back
Top Bottom