Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Andy Keogh

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arrested for impersonating a professional footballer....

I thought the thread would be someone suggesting we put in a 'cheeky bid '

:embarassed:

D

Dewsburywolf

Arrested for impersonating a professional footballer....

Didn't two or three of our Championship winning players credit him being a major contributor to winning the title? But then he always was number one scapegoat on here

molinew

Reaction score
Didn't two or three of our Championship winning players credit him being a major contributor to winning the title? But then he always was number one scapegoat on here

He racked up so many assists, a very intelligent player. Just a shame he never really added more goals to his game and wasn't a little quicker otherwise I'm sure he'd have been a Premier League player

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
pretty good player tbh was just used as a scapegoat at times, and the fact he could get through on goal and still try and pass the dam ball

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a good football brain but when he got into the goal scoring stakes, he didn't have that ice cold composure that the great ones have! He 'flashed' at the ball, usually resulting in a hopeless attempt on goal

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now as for Sturridge ..... there was a clinical goals scorer! Had it in spades!!

S

Space Wolf

My lasting memory of Keogh as a Wolves player will be that diving header away at Derby in 2009.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My lasting memory of him is the only time that I've seen the look of abject fear on a footballers face, when looking at an open goal.

D

Dewsburywolf

My lasting memory of Keogh as a Wolves player will be that diving header away at Derby in 2009.

Whereas mine would be the stupid speculative attempt at goal at Arsenal away when just keeping hold of the ball or even taking it into the corner flag would have been better

Met him once, nice guy!

Smokey & I met him at an Eire game whilst he was away on loan (I think at Leeds) & when we were introduced as Wolves fans he just stared at the floor as if embarrassed to meet us & showed no desire to speak to us. John O'Shea even posed for a photograph with us

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Whereas mine would be the stupid speculative attempt at goal at Arsenal away when just keeping hold of the ball or even taking it into the corner flag would have been better

Smokey & I met him at an Eire game whilst he was away on loan (I think at Leeds) & when we were introduced as Wolves fans he just stared at the floor as if embarrassed to meet us & showed no desire to speak to us. John O'Shea even posed for a photograph with us

You were defending him in post 3 Jim :D

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of my favourite Wolves players, brought the best out of many others, probably not premier class but we've not had many in the last 25 years who are. Was treated very poorly by our fans.

T

Timbli

He's been amazing for Glory this season. His brother lived in Perth anyway so he's settled right in. Carried on with the same form he had for Wolves vs Perth Glory in the pre-season game back in 2009.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
andy had what my daughter described as "jelly legs" when he got a goalscoring opportunity.

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of the best performances i have ever seen from a Wolves player was him against Wigan in our first away game back in the prem.

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope he doesn't have to go on trial - he'll go to pieces if they pyt him in the box

D

Dewsburywolf

You were defending him in post 3 Jim :D

Against people who scapegoat him I will do but it was still a stupid thing to do (try to score from the halfway line when keeping the ball would've been a better option) when IIRC we were just minutes away from getting a point against Arsenal

And the lad just seemed totally embarassed when confronted with a couple of Wolves fans. He seemed to be thinking "oh $$$$ what do I do now? where can I hide" we were also with a woman from the Commercial Department who he probably recognised rather than us two nondescript blokes

E

Essex Wolf

Done well when at Wolves for the most part and was much maligned at times.

However he has had nothing to do with Wolves for over 2yrs now so what he gets up to matters not.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe Dewsbury that what fans say of players does get to them. I'm not saying that you have ever been obnoxious to him but as a number have pointed out including yourself he was always number 1 scapegoat on here after his first season at the club. The only other player who I think was subject to as much if more negative comment was Stephen Ward. RK probably didn't know whether you were naysayers or fans who would be more generous in your comments and appraisal of him.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Press reply to soon! See my other post

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

My experience was the complete opposite. Met him at a festival, he was more than happy to chat about Wolves pose for a photo and shake my hand. Admittedly it probably helped I introduced myself as a a Wolves fan and thanked him for his part in our relatively successful period.

D

Dewsburywolf

My experience was the complete opposite. Met him at a festival, he was more than happy to chat about Wolves pose for a photo and shake my hand. Admittedly it probably helped I introduced myself as a a Wolves fan and thanked him for his part in our relatively successful period.

We didn't even get that far to be fair, he saw the Wolves Commercial Department girl & just seemed to shy away from talking to any us. Might have been wary that we'd give him pelters (I wouldn't have) over the various "issues" that had gone on towards the end of his time with us

Stephen Hunt on the other hand was totally the opposite, apart from rushing back to the dressing room because he'd left his wedding ring in his tracksuit, he chatted with us for ages

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

TBH Dews I actually quite liked Keogh. But sadly the Dave Edwards work rate and Kevin Doyle shooting was symptomatic of where we were as a team..Had its moments but ultimately frustrating....

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

Bloody loved Keogh. Technically sound, tremendous work rate, absolutely unselfish, read the game very well in the attacking third, very good player. A true False Nine before the term ever got popularised.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody loved Keogh. Technically sound, tremendous work rate, absolutely unselfish, read the game very well in the attacking third, very good player. A true False Nine before the term ever got popularised.

Agreed.

His time to go had come, but I bloody loves watching him play for a few seasons.

Back
Top Bottom