Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Andy Carroll

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talking to an Albion fan and they are gutted to see him go…..just thinking out loud (and expecting pelters).

We don’t do crosses any more, we were looking at Kiefer Moore as our 3rd striker. We either need someone who is young (Mir/Campana) who is happy to come off bench or old (Carroll) who is happy not to play every minute.

Would I start Carroll? No
Would I have a strike force of Silva and Carroll only if Raul leaves? No

But would a Plan B of Carroll for last 10 mins with Chiquinho putting the ball in and another striker (Hwang/Silva) for knock-downs?

Added bonus of coaching Silva how to head/use his body.

Cheap - supposedly free and £20k per week.

So saves £5m to £10m in transfer kitty, doesn’t rock boat on wages, coaches Silva and gives us a plan B/C. Accept fitness issues which may mean structure wages differently so £20k when on team sheet only but I can see positives and limited downside.

Not ITK and not Scott Sellars or Jeff testing mixers feedback.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it is £20k pw and a 1 year contract it would be a fairly riskless option. He would seem the kind of profile and option the manager seems to want. Would be better than that Jose we had on loan last season.

All things considered I’d still rather Haaland....

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talking to an Albion fan and they are gutted to see him go…..just thinking out loud (and expecting pelters).

We don’t do crosses any more, we were looking at Kiefer Moore as our 3rd striker. We either need someone who is young (Mir/Campana) who is happy to come off bench or old (Carroll) who is happy not to play every minute.

Would I start Carroll? No
Would I have a strike force of Silva and Carroll only if Raul leaves? No

But would a Plan B of Carroll for last 10 mins with Chiquinho putting the ball in and another striker (Hwang/Silva) for knock-downs?

Added bonus of coaching Silva how to head/use his body.

Cheap - supposedly free and £20k per week.

So saves £5m to £10m in transfer kitty, doesn’t rock boat on wages, coaches Silva and gives us a plan B/C. Accept fitness issues which may mean structure wages differently so £20k when on team sheet only but I can see positives and limited downside.

Not ITK and not Scott Sellars or Jeff testing mixers feedback.

Contrary to all the other responses I actually see where you're coming from.

We don't have an agricultural option to change things up when were chasing it with 10 mins left.

We're still passing it backwards and sideways trying to pull the opposition out of shape, like we have been for the previous 80 mins.

Sometimes you just need a good hard **** rather than sweet, sweet making of the luuurve...

I'm an advocate of having that in the armoury, whether that is Carol or there's another Weghorst knocking about Europe I don't really mind.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Andy Carroll offers a different option and yes if he was 5 years younger possibly. Wolves now look to young and hungry targets we are scouting France for a new striker. Lage 100% wants a target man

Also the fair play to Andy Carroll for still putting shift in. Many would of packed up and given up. He must really love playing football to play for the worst team in the midlands. That really takes it to another level well done Mr Carroll.

Last edited:

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The boggies new song.

Oh carroll,I am but a fool.
Darling I love you,though you treat me cruel.
You hurt me,and you made me cry.
But if you leave me,I will surely die.
Darling there will never be another.
Cause I love you so.
Don't ever leave me.
Say you'll never go.
I will always want you for my sweetheart.
No matter what you do.
Oh carroll I'm so in love with you. :p

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see the dominance of City and Liverpool still hasn't changed how some people think the game should be played

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see the dominance of City and Liverpool still hasn't changed how some people think the game should be played
Surely the dominance of these clubs is based on the foundation of megabucks?

I appreciate money doesn't of itself guarantee success, but without it clubs like ours have to be more pragmatic.

(And I promise not to call you Surely again)

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely the dominance of these clubs is based on the foundation of megabucks?

I appreciate money doesn't of itself guarantee success, but without it clubs like ours have to be more pragmatic.

(And I promise not to call you Surely again)

Teams with the most money will always be the most successful, but none of them play pragmatic football, they don't usually play with a big target man, they don't rely on crosses or wingers, even Athletico Madrid who I would say are the best example of a more pragmatic style of football don't play with those kind of players.

I think using a big target man is a lazy way of setting your team up and encourages the hoof too much for my liking, it's an effort over ability style of play which I detest

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this is a bad idea to be honest. I don't agree with the premise either unfortunately. We don't need a 3rd striker, we need a 1st choice striker as Raul is way off. In my view, we need to find a player who will start most games and score the majority of our goals. Not cheap, but sometimes you have to pay for quality.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Andy Carroll offers a different option and yes if he was 5 years younger possibly. Wolves now look to young and hungry targets we are scouting France for a new striker. Lage 100% wants a target man

Also the fair play to Andy Carroll for still putting shift in. Many would of packed up and given up. He must really love playing football to play for the worst team in the midlands. That really takes it to another level well done Mr Carroll.

They might be young, but the more recent ones don't look hungry at all. I know people prefer to shoot the messenger, but Bruno's comments on the young players...do they look like a bunch of young players not working hard enough in training? Based on what I see on the pitch, yes. They look exactly like lightweight "just enough to get by then drive home in my flashy car" players. I think Bruno was telling it as it is.

Anyway, that rant aside...Andy Carroll. Would have been ludicrous at any previous point of the last 5 years. But right now...maybe not so much. It's not that we need to play more "agricultural", it's that we are so lightweight, we are totally unbalanced in the other direction. A player like Carroll (though not actually him!) would make us more balanced as a team, because as long as we have players like Neves, Moutinho, Jonny, Podence, Neto etc, we couldnt be agricultural even if we tried.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strewth!
Just goes to show, you can take the fan out of League Football, but you can’t take League Football out of the fan.

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
Personally I’m all for it, get him in, loan move to Grasshoppers and to be never heard of again, bit like our other submarine recruits!

Back
Top Bottom