Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Andy Carroll

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talking to an Albion fan and they are gutted to see him go…..just thinking out loud (and expecting pelters).

We don’t do crosses any more, we were looking at Kiefer Moore as our 3rd striker. We either need someone who is young (Mir/Campana) who is happy to come off bench or old (Carroll) who is happy not to play every minute.

Would I start Carroll? No
Would I have a strike force of Silva and Carroll only if Raul leaves? No

But would a Plan B of Carroll for last 10 mins with Chiquinho putting the ball in and another striker (Hwang/Silva) for knock-downs?

Added bonus of coaching Silva how to head/use his body.

Cheap - supposedly free and £20k per week.

So saves £5m to £10m in transfer kitty, doesn’t rock boat on wages, coaches Silva and gives us a plan B/C. Accept fitness issues which may mean structure wages differently so £20k when on team sheet only but I can see positives and limited downside.

Not ITK and not Scott Sellars or Jeff testing mixers feedback.
You want Andy Carroll to coach Silva??
I ll have a pint of whatever you had .
Get pooki from Norwich, in the bottom team,he's scored much more than our toothless duo...he's a finisher

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I may need to start a poll to check views on this….

One of the respondees made the very good point that we don’t need a 3rd striker but a 1st or 2nd striker who can head the ball/score goals. Very happy with that!

For me I’m struggling with spending big money on a 3rd striker, even with 5 subs.

For avoidance of doubt hadn’t been drinking or smoking or generally imbibing anything - just struck me as a short term cheap possibility to cover what we supposedly looking for.

Very happy answer is no….no poll required.

PS - daughter is dating a Boggie….hence talking to him. All civil so far although nearly broke down when Wolves U23s we’re winning and Forest were thrashing WBA when I cheered in wrong place (watching U23s score 4 on phone).

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talking to an Albion fan and they are gutted to see him go…..just thinking out loud (and expecting pelters).

We don’t do crosses any more, we were looking at Kiefer Moore as our 3rd striker. We either need someone who is young (Mir/Campana) who is happy to come off bench or old (Carroll) who is happy not to play every minute.

Would I start Carroll? No
Would I have a strike force of Silva and Carroll only if Raul leaves? No

But would a Plan B of Carroll for last 10 mins with Chiquinho putting the ball in and another striker (Hwang/Silva) for knock-downs?

Added bonus of coaching Silva how to head/use his body.

Cheap - supposedly free and £20k per week.

So saves £5m to £10m in transfer kitty, doesn’t rock boat on wages, coaches Silva and gives us a plan B/C. Accept fitness issues which may mean structure wages differently so £20k when on team sheet only but I can see positives and limited downside.

Not ITK and not Scott Sellars or Jeff testing mixers feedback.
Ffs no.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

We did go for Keiffer Moore.... I'll get me coat! :tearsofjoy:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I may need to start a poll to check views on this….

One of the respondees made the very good point that we don’t need a 3rd striker but a 1st or 2nd striker who can head the ball/score goals. Very happy with that!

For me I’m struggling with spending big money on a 3rd striker, even with 5 subs.

For avoidance of doubt hadn’t been drinking or smoking or generally imbibing anything - just struck me as a short term cheap possibility to cover what we supposedly looking for.

Very happy answer is no….no poll required.

PS - daughter is dating a Boggie….hence talking to him. All civil so far although nearly broke down when Wolves U23s we’re winning and Forest were thrashing WBA when I cheered in wrong place (watching U23s score 4 on phone).
Not disowned her yet??? lol

Back
Top Bottom