Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ait Nouri (Don't sell)

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5th booking today. Will his suspension count for the games he’s away with Algeria anyway, or will they roll it over to when he’s back!
That’s an interesting one. Some count for cups too? So technically he maybe available

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His ability to so seamlessly play in forward or midfield roles allows us to switch between 5 and 4 at the back mid-match, depending on if we have the ball or not, he's probably as important to the way we play than anyone else in the team.

Last edited:

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
His ability to so seamlessly play in forward or midfield roles allows us to switch between 5 and 4 at the back mid-match, depending on if we have the ball or not, he's probably as important to the way we play than anyone else in the team.

Yes his interplay with Toti/Cunha or Hwang as it was today is vital.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes his interplay with Toti/Cunha or Hwang as it was today is vital.
Agreed, he’s so unbelievably skilful and composed on the ball, which makes him such an important outlet to have on that left-hand side. Those who watched his final game for Angers vs PSG before joining us would’ve seen a glimpse of the ability he had to be a main outlet for his team - and now we’re seeing it for us every week.

I think what’s great also is how happy he looks this season, his celebrations at the end of games, getting involved in the fist bumps to the fans, & along with other players, encouraging the gaffer to deservedly receive his praise too. It feels like he’s been given the confidence, trust and full support from GoN and his staff that maybe he lacked under previous managers.

Last edited:

Rowzed

Reaction score
He looks a completely different person from kid that joined us. Used to look almost apologetic/ apathetic when good things happened. He was well into goal celebrations and Lemina support yesterday.
He’s very clearly enjoying his life these days. Perhaps he has found love.
On a parallel note, we have Ramadan coming up in March. When Adama and Saïss were here he was one of three in the squad who observed the fast, I don’t think there is another Muslim in the first team squad this year, but we may be seeing a bit more of Matt Doherty as an earlier sub in some games next month.

Rowzed

Reaction score
Agreed, he’s so unbelievably skilful and composed on the ball, which makes him such an important outlet to have on that left hand side. Those who watched his final game for Angers vs PSG before joining us would’ve saw a glimpse of that ability he had to be a main outlet for his team - and now we’re seeing it for us on a weekly basis.

I think what’s great also is how happy he looks this season, his celebrations at the end of games, getting involved in the fist bumps to the fans, & along with other players, encouraging the gaffer to deservedly receive his praise too. It feels like he’s been given the confidence, trust and full support from GoN and his staff that maybe he lacked under previous managers.
So true

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s very clearly enjoying his life these days. Perhaps he has found love.
On a parallel note, we have Ramadan coming up in March. When Adama and Saïss were here he was one of three in the squad who observed the fast, I don’t think there is another Muslim in the first team squad this year, but we may be seeing a bit more of Matt Doherty as an earlier sub in some games next month.
Nope, the Leminas and Bouba are Muslim.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah, didn’t know that. Thank you . It will be interesting to see if they all observe the fast in the strictest form, that’s a fair chunk of the squad
Found this from last year...

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON has improved the transfer values, dare I say it, of so many of the squad.

It will be a wrestle of Wolves as a football team vs Wolves as a player trading outfit in the summer!

I am hoping that we take a stance of, this first team squad is our core team for the next few years, and we won’t sell any of them just to raise funds. But if an elite team comes knocking with serious money, and one of our stars really wants to make that move, then let them go for a decent fee, and reinvest. We shouldn’t be selling just to raise money, nor should be letting stars leave for derisory offers.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anybody know if there’s a time limit on the sell on fee to Angers?

WolvesinBrum

Groupie
Reaction score
I am hoping that we take a stance of, this first team squad is our core team for the next few years, and we won’t sell any of them just to raise funds. But if an elite team comes knocking with serious money, and one of our stars really wants to make that move, then let them go for a decent fee, and reinvest. We shouldn’t be selling just to raise money, nor should be letting stars leave for derisory offers.
Absolutely.

I do worry that Fosun originally were interested in football because of player trading and they see that Matt Hobbs is great in the transfer market and GON is great at pulling a team and performances out of a hat.

Win the FA Cup - Guo will have a couple of days out at Wembley and he'll breathe in the romance and history of WWFC and this part of the club as a huge revenue-earner!

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The problem we are always going to have is generating income. In an ideal world, we have a Neto, or a Gomes or a RAN on our books we can develop and have one to sell every year to raise funds. Where we could come unstuck is if we have a plan to sell Neto next season and keep the others, but we then get offers too good to turn down for the other 2 i mentioned and end up losing 3 in one window.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it me or is he looking more and more like Borat everyday :oops:

Superb footballer though, joy to watch and so much fitter than he was.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem we are always going to have is generating income. In an ideal world, we have a Neto, or a Gomes or a RAN on our books we can develop and have one to sell every year to raise funds. Where we could come unstuck is if we have a plan to sell Neto next season and keep the others, but we then get offers too good to turn down for the other 2 i mentioned and end up losing 3 in one window.

Yes I agree. I’m hoping that out of the three out on loan, we sell at least two and raise 30m, which I suspect is probably enough incoming to help fund an experienced forward and a couple of young high potential signings to feed the future cycle of players. Prior to Covid, we had a couple of seasons where our net spend was low but we still spent decent money because we sold 30-50m of players.

Of our stars, Neto looks near certain to leave, but he has a long contract and is critical to the squad, so we shouldn’t be rolling over for a derisory Spurs type offer, and hopefully he’s on board with that. Like Jota and Neves, I don’t want to hold back his career if he has a great opportunity outside Wolves, but given the level we’re playing at, it needs to be a Champions League level team who are willing to meet our valuation.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s restored the balance to the team and our ability to attack down both sides.

His fitness has improved massively too, he doesn’t look knackered after an hour

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He have to follow the Brighton model, only way we can make this work.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He have to follow the Brighton model, only way we can make this work.
Agree with you unfortunately. That's just how football is these days. Don't get too attached to any of our players. They are merely commodities in the great 'Business' of football. Let's face it, its' not really a sport anymore.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Deserves a song now surely…

To the old Karl Henry tune…

“Ait Nouri, whoa whoa whoa
Ait Nouri, whoa whoa whoa whoa
He’ll tie you up in Knots
His pads stick out his socks’”

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is becoming some player isn’t he? Incredible talent. World class potential.

*I would add that he is far better than alex scott and lop would have sold him for peanuts. Mad tbh, and I don’t mean any disrespect to scott either.

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Deserves a song now surely…

To the old Karl Henry tune…

“Ait Nouri, whoa whoa whoa
Ait Nouri, whoa whoa whoa whoa
He’ll tie you up in Knots
His pads stick out his socks’”
Ait nooouurrriiii , cus nobody knows the way he's gonna go..

Stand by me Oasis

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really interested to see where he ends up playing.

He’s like Trent for Liverpool in a way, not in terms of style, but in terms of being too talented to be stuck playing at fullback.

Players like Gareth Bale started at fullback, but it became increasingly obvious they could have a bigger impact on games further forward. Ait Nouri is getting there. I was so impressed that in the absence of other big players on Saturday, he moved further forward and really stepped up and took responsibility. No one deserved a goal more.

Hoping to see him start further forward on Saturday. We could well see a team with him and Hugo Bueno in soon. And he might just end up being a less obvious replacement for Neto next season should he leave for a big fee.

Back
Top Bottom