Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Adama Traore ~ To Sign New Contract ~ Or Loaned & Sold to Barcelona 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done tonight. Few really impressive parts of play, crossing, that run to their box for the free kick, and in the corners towards the end.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly he wants to move on, seems to be out of our hands.

I got scoffed at by saying this should have been dealt with over 12 months ago. Constantly got from his cult that everything would be fine, he had plenty of time left on his contract, blah blah blah. Guess what, they were totally wrong. We would have got double what we will get now if we made a decision when it was clear he and his agent were pushing for more than we were willing to pay. He should have been sold ages ago.

The only real hope we have now he will sign is if there is no interest in January if he truly is up for grabs. If nobody is willing to take a punt on him in a cut price deal he might re-think what he is actually worth.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I got scoffed at by saying this should have been dealt with over 12 months ago. Constantly got from his cult that everything would be fine, he had plenty of time left on his contract, blah blah blah. Guess what, they were totally wrong. We would have got double what we will get now if we made a decision when it was clear he and his agent were pushing for more than we were willing to pay. He should have been sold ages ago.

The only real hope we have now he will sign is if there is no interest in January if he truly is up for grabs. If nobody is willing to take a punt on him in a cut price deal he might re-think what he is actually worth.
Unfortunately I have to agree, he was happy to sign a contract to join us, maybe it’s agent maybe it’s player, but the bottom line is he would have been gone ages ago if someone else thought he was worth the transfer fee and wages.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve been thinking, ( and said so), that I think Adama and his agent have kinda painted themselves towards a corner.
Apart from Nuno at Spurs, how many other clubs were lining up just a few months ago to buy Adama…….NONE.

Then why would they want him now?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Interestingly Mendes is his agent.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I am not convinced we would get a lot more tbh, don't think any team would have paid more than £25-30M for him, we probably get £20M now. Have never believed in a million years Liverpool were after him

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be interesting to know exactly what wage we have offered him. And then to know what potential suitors are offering.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore plays for a top 10 Premier League team.
His agent should tell him he has reached his level .

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reports suggesting £20m from Spurs as Conte wants to turn him into a RWB….what Adama has, you can’t teach, what Adama needs, he can’t learn… my prediction is Conte will be ripping his own hair out if he tries to make this happen.

I think he'll work well for them. They'll see most of the ball and he'll cause issues. But I can see him getting dropped against the better teams.

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reports suggesting £20m from Spurs as Conte wants to turn him into a RWB….what Adama has, you can’t teach, what Adama needs, he can’t learn… my prediction is Conte will be ripping his own hair out if he tries to make this happen.
Not sure but I think Mr Conte wears a headpiece

justfriggin

Reaction score
Traore's crossing varies from aiming towards the furthest corner flag kicking it out of touch or telepathically finding a defender. He came on against a tiring manu defence. Jones was far more instrumental in setting up Moutinho. Is Traore better than Trincao.? Today yes. Tomorrow less likely. Will Traore get more gametime at Spurs that Doherty.? dunno! Personally, I'd have thought that Bielsa would be the right coach for Traore in his twilight years.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has to make the chances for himself - because he has zero positional awareness. He is a truly unique player. Uniquely good at some things, possibly even the best in the world at running with the ball and beating players. But passing, shooting, heading, awareness? All the rest that goes with being a footballer? You'll find no shortage of Conference players better than him at all those, they just aren't in his game. All his goals and best chances are "pick up ball and run with it". Don't you think it odd he has never scored a tap in? Never scored a header? Never got on the end of a rebound and scored (e.g. like Moutinho today) ? Never even *wins* headers in the opponents penalty area. Even Podence wins headers occasionally in the opponents penalty area. Troare has an incredible knack of being in the totally the wrong place, literally every second when he isn't running with the ball at his feet.

The problem is how do you work that into a team game? Uniquely talented in one dimension but virtually absent in all others? I think those who say he would be best suited as a "vary it up" luxury player for a rich club are probably right. Like the 0-0 we had v Chelsea recently. I bet Chelsea would have loved to have been able to bring Traore on at 70 minutes against us as they had clearly hit the brick wall.

Also, as a club, our finances are limited and we have to look to what we can do best with them. Ideally, we'd never sell *any* player, you know, just in case they came good somewhere else. It happens all the time! Just that our particular problem, we have a lot of tricky forwards who are seriously goal shy, to say the least. And he is yet another one of them - part of the problem, not the solution. I'd like to see a couple of them moved on in favour of somebody more direct, something different.
Spot on this is , he’s like the kid in the playground that has all the pace and all the trickery but has naff all else !! He can only blast a shot and it could end up anywhere , his crosses are either hung in ( which Raul made the most of before , there was no great chemistry between them like jota and Raul ) or put in not knowing where they will end up !! If your a forward you want to be able to know where that ball goes time and again , podence could put a ball in and measure it on to someone’s head ( god even i can do it ) adama can’t it’s put it in the box and hope to get lucky …

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely it would be crazy to sell Adama in this window when there is not much liquidity in the market. Wait till the summer (when the serious cash comes out) and there will be a number of interested clubs generating a bidding war.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely it would be crazy to sell Adama in this window when there is not much liquidity in the market. Wait till the summer (when the serious cash comes out) and there will be a number of interested clubs generating a bidding war.

He’d still be worth in the summer what he is now.

But if we need to sell to buy then that’s what we need to do.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore's crossing varies from aiming towards the furthest corner flag kicking it out of touch or telepathically finding a defender. He came on against a tiring manu defence. Jones was far more instrumental in setting up Moutinho. Is Traore better than Trincao.? Today yes. Tomorrow less likely. Will Traore get more gametime at Spurs that Doherty.? dunno! Personally, I'd have thought that Bielsa would be the right coach for Traore in his twilight years.
Bielsa? The man wants running machines, never got that link before, traore runs even less now

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’d still be worth in the summer what he is now.

But if we need to sell to buy then that’s what we need to do.
Agreed his value won't dip and if he hits some real form it will go up. I'd also argue that there are limited options (in terms of potential players to buy) in this window and likely to be far more options in the summer. Tho' I'd still like to see an attacking midfielder come in in this window (on loan) even if Bruno thinks he doesn't need one.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But if he went and got a serious injury like an acl or something, suddenly we can’t sell him at all and we end up paying wages till he gets fit then goes for free.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But if he went and got a serious injury like an acl or something, suddenly we can’t sell him at all and we end up paying wages till he gets fit then goes for free.
He's still got 18 months left on his contract - plenty of time to get over even a serious injury; e.g. Jonny - 2x ACLs and back in one year.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore’s assists ( when he did that two years ago) were often to the head of Jimenez .
To be fair that isn’t so much of an option. And Podence , Trincao or even Neto aren’t built to head .
We need a guy who can slip an accurate pass. on the floor.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s best we both move on and reinvest the money. With Neto coming back he’s just as good as Adama anyway. If we need to buy Guedes we will do.

Podence and Neto are our best attacking wingers. Trincao and Hwang as back up I think it’s time we got a new striker

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Better not spend big money on new players who could get a serious injury in their first game.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think it’s best we both move on and reinvest the money. With Neto coming back he’s just as good as Adama anyway. If we need to buy Guedes we will do.

Podence and Neto are our best attacking wingers. Trincao and Hwang as back up I think it’s time we got a new striker
Agree with this, it makes sense to sell because he’s not first choice even when neto isn’t fit, and he’s hardly scoring/assisting much. I think spurs fans might ruin him like they did do doherty though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom