Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Adama Traore ~ To Sign New Contract ~ Or Loaned & Sold to Barcelona 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One half ***** levy special in the summer.

And so obvious ones now that you cannot name any - other than random press speculation that conte wants to turn him into a WB.

I concede victory to you, we are inundated with huge bids
I'll just get Jeff on the blower and check, one moment.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would West Ham be a huge step up for him if he was to go there? Yes they’re having a great season but does anyone expect them to continue improving over the next couple of years because I don’t.
Bigger ground, larger fanbase, and weirdly, owners who are constantly sticking their hands in the coffers and backing the manager, play an attractive brand of football.

They've got a better base than we have to match a players ambition.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Opposing teams deal with Adama at Wolves by doubling/trebling up on him and/or constantly fouling him.
If Adama went to a top club would opposing players be able to deal with him in the same way?
I'd say with PGMOL a lesser foul draws a yellow against top teams and refs are also less lenient on 2nd yellows against the top teams.
Top teams also have the players more capable of taking advantage of the extra space created when the opposition double up on players.

If Adama went to Chelsea or Liverpool then I couldnt really see him as a regular starter but he would be a very useful player to have available to change a game or against stubborn opposition. I'd be sorry to see him go because he is a great player to watch but everyone knows he has limitations especially in the current toothless Wolves team.

fleck1

Reaction score
No matter hold gold tinted our glasses are or where we think we should be, we aren't one of the (so called) big 6 who can hoard players and give them massive contracts. Adama's output doesn't deserve him a £100k a week and being our highest earner, I think even the biggest Adama fan would agree with that. But one of the big clubs can comfortably give him that and have him as a squad player, our squad size and finances doesn't really leave us room to carry the enigma that is Adama. If we get the £20m+ and that's turned in to another Pedro Neto deal or two then he will soon be forgotten. To blame it all on Nuno and Bruno the style of football is a little unfair, he had a 6 month spell where he was superb but beyond that has reverted to type, the Adama seen at Barcelona, Villa, Boro and for much of his time at wolves, he excites and gets bums off seats but the end product more often than not is disappointing. He has flirted with the Spanish squad but has drifted away from that now, are we to blame wolves for that or Adama?

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sure we will see the best of traore today providing he starts in 343
Also expecting him to have one of his very few good games of the season with the transfer window being open.
Sooner he gets his act together and plays for a move the better so we can cash in and move on.

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score
Would West Ham be a huge step up for him if he was to go there? Yes they’re having a great season but does anyone expect them to continue improving over the next couple of years because I don’t.
Might be a replacement for Jarrod Bowen.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There's not a chance in a million years Wolves will let him go for 20 million

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I actually think he’s performed pretty well when he’s started this year. If I look at those games, I’d personally have rated him:

Very Good: Spurs, Man Utd, Brighton
Good: Leicester, Villa, Burnley
Average: Watford, Brentford, Liverpool, Man City
Poor:
Very Poor: Leeds

Who Scored have him as our third best player this season (and our best attacking player).

E8D28BDF-3CB1-43EA-B46A-99F2757C27B8.png

I guess the big question is are we more effective when he doesn’t start? Last year, I thought the answer was unequivocally ‘No’ as we had a spell of 7 games where he didn’t start in which we only scored 2 goals (one of which was at Chorley) and created very, very little.

If I look at the performances of the games he hasn’t started this year, it’s a little bit more mixed:

Very Good: West Ham
Good: Everton, Chelsea
Average: Newcastle
Poor: Southampton
Very Poor: Crystal Palace, Norwich

Worth noting that our results without him starting this year have been better than when he has (admittedly against generally weaker opposition).

After all that, I’m still really not sure what the answer is. I think we create more and look more threatening when he does play but even I can’t ignore his continued lack of goals over three and a bit seasons now.

Selling him for £20m would be horrible but we don’t really have any leverage here. Hopefully Neto comes back resembling something of the player he was looking before his injury and he, Podence and Trincao can form some sort of understanding in the second half of the season.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually think he’s performed pretty well when he’s started this year. If I look at those games, I’d personally have rated him:

Very Good: Spurs, Man Utd, Brighton
Good: Leicester, Villa, Burnley
Average: Watford, Brentford, Liverpool, Man City
Poor:
Very Poor: Leeds

Who Scored have him as our third best player this season (and our best attacking player).

View attachment 25862

I guess the big question is are we more effective when he doesn’t start? Last year, I thought the answer was unequivocally ‘No’ as we had a spell of 7 games where he didn’t start in which we only scored 2 goals (one of which was at Chorley) and created very, very little.

If I look at the performances of the games he hasn’t started this year, it’s a little bit more mixed:

Very Good: West Ham
Good: Everton, Chelsea
Average: Newcastle
Poor: Southampton
Very Poor: Crystal Palace, Norwich

Worth noting that our results without him starting this year have been better than when he has (admittedly against generally weaker opposition).

After all that, I’m still really not sure what the answer is. I think we create more and look more threatening when he does play but even I can’t ignore his continued lack of goals over three and a bit seasons now.

Selling him for £20m would be horrible but we don’t really have any leverage here. Hopefully Neto comes back resembling something of the player he was looking before his injury and he, Podence and Trincao can form some sort of understanding in the second half of the season.
Not sure Chelsea counts as good performance. We offered barely anything going forward due to the system.

So we have played well twice without him in 7 games. Very worrying

Can’t believe we are signing players like Trincao who we think are the answer at places like palace away and letting go players like traore

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to when he goes elsewhere, does well (especially in terms of assists) and people will have the cheek to say 'he bloody well didn't do that for us'.
Kinda hope it'll be West Ham, I really like what they're building there.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will be exactly the same elsewhere as he is for us. Talented but frustrating because he cant put it together week in week out. Been the story of his whole career. Said it before, the only way he will ever look good consistently is as a bench player at a big club. I'd also say if he cant get a move to a top side at this stage in his career with his likely lower fee because of his contract situation, he never will. The way some people talk Liverpool or similar have been after him for ages. I'd wager he isnt getting a move to a club like that.

Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will be exactly the same elsewhere as he is for us. Talented but frustrating because he cant put it together week in week out. Been the story of his whole career. Said it before, the only way he will ever look good consistently is as a bench player at a big club. I'd also say if he cant get a move to a top side at this stage in his career with his likely lower fee because of his contract situation, he never will. The way some people talk Liverpool or similar have been after him for ages. I'd wages he isnt getting a move to a club like that.

Think you’re right there. For the right price a club like Liverpool would I think sign him, but I agree that his likely starting position would remain the bench. In a confident attacking team he would bring something different and the occasional flashes of brilliance would continue to get him headlines and praise.

justfriggin

Reaction score
Nuno/Bruno never play 'im in his rightful position. Needs more gametime. Its those around who dont score when he's laid it on a plate. Gotta be worth more than £20 mil. Truth is they're all pretty average when it comes to scoring. Traore included. Will he do better in another team. Naargh!! He's a bit like VAR. Bums off seats and then comes the disappointment.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think you’re right there. For the right price a club like Liverpool would I think sign him, but I agree that his likely starting position would remain the bench. In a confident attacking team he would bring something different and the occasional flashes of brilliance would continue to get him headlines and praise.

He's certainly got something to offer a top team, but i think unless he can get a lot more consistency into his game he is going to have to accept a lesser role. At liverpool for example, he's going to be miles behind Jota, Salah, Firmino and Mane. I'd even say Origi as well as he seem to come up with some big plays for Klopp.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No matter hold gold tinted our glasses are or where we think we should be, we aren't one of the (so called) big 6 who can hoard players and give them massive contracts. Adama's output doesn't deserve him a £100k a week and being our highest earner, I think even the biggest Adama fan would agree with that. But one of the big clubs can comfortably give him that and have him as a squad player, our squad size and finances doesn't really leave us room to carry the enigma that is Adama. If we get the £20m+ and that's turned in to another Pedro Neto deal or two then he will soon be forgotten. To blame it all on Nuno and Bruno the style of football is a little unfair, he had a 6 month spell where he was superb but beyond that has reverted to type, the Adama seen at Barcelona, Villa, Boro and for much of his time at wolves, he excites and gets bums off seats but the end product more often than not is disappointing. He has flirted with the Spanish squad but has drifted away from that now, are we to blame wolves for that or Adama?
I don't think the problem is Adama in terms of output, it's the rest of the squad. Excluding Raul (and considering his injury) we literally have no goalscorers. How can you expect Traore to create chances of nobody can put them away?

fleck1

Reaction score
I don't think the problem is Adama in terms of output, it's the rest of the squad. Excluding Raul (and considering his injury) we literally have no goalscorers. How can you expect Traore to create chances of nobody can put them away?
Playing in a front three isn't he meant to be one of the ones putting them away as well? He's been with Spain and had better quality around him, but he's now drifted out of their plans as well. He's 26 now and people are still saying the same things they have said for 7 or 8 years now, nobody denies he's exciting, gets bums off seats and when he's on it he's unplayable. But there has to be an end product or an improvement to it or more consistency? Is it Wolves, Villa, Barcelona, Boro, Spain they've all wanted to harness the unique talent everyone says is there but it always seems to end the same way

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think everyone is in agreement that hes off. Think it just feels like time for him to go despite him being so exciting to watch.
Would imagine he will do well at a team that actually get men in the box to profit from his barnstorming runs.
But think it is just time to cut ties with this contract saga rolling on.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Playing in a front three isn't he meant to be one of the ones putting them away as well? He's been with Spain and had better quality around him, but he's now drifted out of their plans as well. He's 26 now and people are still saying the same things they have said for 7 or 8 years now, nobody denies he's exciting, gets bums off seats and when he's on it he's unplayable. But there has to be an end product or an improvement to it or more consistency? Is it Wolves, Villa, Barcelona, Boro, Spain they've all wanted to harness the unique talent everyone says is there but it always seems to end the same way
So we all know his finishing is actually awful, but he isn't a striker. I think of chances in the first couple of games where he missed one on ones. However, he's clearly more of a wide player who's job it is to create chances. He can only do that if those chances are being put away. If you look on the opposite flank where Hwang plays, he doesn't do anything in terms of assists either, and actually goes missing in games. It's more about the personnel we have as a whole and the system they play in; it's really not conducive to scoring goals.

fleck1

Reaction score
So we all know his finishing is actually awful, but he isn't a striker. I think of chances in the first couple of games where he missed one on ones. However, he's clearly more of a wide player who's job it is to create chances. He can only do that if those chances are being put away. If you look on the opposite flank where Hwang plays, he doesn't do anything in terms of assists either, and actually goes missing in games. It's more about the personnel we have as a whole and the system they play in; it's really not conducive to scoring goals.
Hwang plays and doesn't do anything and goes missing but has 4 goals, if Adama tucks away 2 or 3 of his clear one on ones we are probably 5 or 6 points further on but instead he has 0 goals or assists. You cant call out the rest of the attack and have a blind spot for Adama, he has played up front and the right of a front three so his job is not only to create but put chances away.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang plays and doesn't do anything and goes missing but has 4 goals, if Adama tucks away 2 or 3 of his clear one on ones we are probably 5 or 6 points further on but instead he has 0 goals or assists. You cant call out the rest of the attack and have a blind spot for Adama, he has played up front and the right of a front three so his job is not only to create but put chances away.
It's not as simple as you make it out to be @fleck1 It's about shots at goals and chances for strikers...
Adama has had a few clear chances at goal mainly early on and start of season. Those were of his own making though.. Plus about the same as amount of clear chances as Trincao. You have to go by the % of chances and shots at goal. Raul is our main striker. He should get many more chances and shots at goal than Adama by far. Which Raul does more than any other Wolves player as this chart shows.

RankNameGoalsAssistsPlayedGoals per 90Mins per GoalTotal ShotsGoal ConversionShot Accuracy
1Hwang Hee-Chan40150.34268757%71%
2Raúl Jiménez32170.194652214%32%
2Romain Saïss30190.165531421%57%
4Daniel Podence22140.312901315%77%

Last edited:

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not as simple as you make it out to be @fleck1 It's about shots at goals and chances for strikers...
Adama has had a few clear chances at goal mainly early on and start of season. Those were of his own making though.. Plus about the same as amount of clear chances as Trincao. You have to go by the % of chances and shots at goal. Raul is our main striker. He should get many more chances and shots at goal than Adama by far. Which Raul does more than any other Wolves player as this chart shows.
1Hwang Hee-Chan40150.34268757%71%
2Raúl Jiménez32170.194652214%32%
2Romain Saïss30190.165531421%57%
4Daniel Podence22140.312901315%77%
I’m not so sure that table means so much without column headers…..

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep keep keep keep keep keep keep Keep keep keep keep keep keep keep Keep keep keep keep keep keep keep Keep keep keep keep keep keep keep Keep keep keep keep keep keep keep Keep keep keep keep keep keep keep Keep keep keep keep keep keep keep Keep keep keep keep keep keep keep Keep keep keep keep keep keep keep Keep keep keep keep keep keep keep Keep keep keep keep keep keep keep Keep keep keep keep keep keep keep Keep keep keep keep keep keep keep Keep keep keep keep keep keep keep Keep keep keep keep keep keep keep Keep keep keep keep keep keep keep Keep keep keep keep keep keep keep Keep keep keep keep keep keep keep Keep keep keep keep keep keep keep Keep keep keep keep keep keep keep Keep keep keep keep keep keep keep Keep keep keep keep keep keep keep Keep keep keep keep keep keep keep

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He did really well today, but I think Bruno got it right bringing him on when he did rather than start with him, great contribution though.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Want to keep him but sadly seen as expendable And a source of finance

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He has to make the chances for himself - because he has zero positional awareness. He is a truly unique player. Uniquely good at some things, possibly even the best in the world at running with the ball and beating players. But passing, shooting, heading, awareness? All the rest that goes with being a footballer? You'll find no shortage of Conference players better than him at all those, they just aren't in his game. All his goals and best chances are "pick up ball and run with it". Don't you think it odd he has never scored a tap in? Never scored a header? Never got on the end of a rebound and scored (e.g. like Moutinho today) ? Never even *wins* headers in the opponents penalty area. Even Podence wins headers occasionally in the opponents penalty area. Troare has an incredible knack of being in the totally the wrong place, literally every second when he isn't running with the ball at his feet.

The problem is how do you work that into a team game? Uniquely talented in one dimension but virtually absent in all others? I think those who say he would be best suited as a "vary it up" luxury player for a rich club are probably right. Like the 0-0 we had v Chelsea recently. I bet Chelsea would have loved to have been able to bring Traore on at 70 minutes against us as they had clearly hit the brick wall.

Also, as a club, our finances are limited and we have to look to what we can do best with them. Ideally, we'd never sell *any* player, you know, just in case they came good somewhere else. It happens all the time! Just that our particular problem, we have a lot of tricky forwards who are seriously goal shy, to say the least. And he is yet another one of them - part of the problem, not the solution. I'd like to see a couple of them moved on in favour of somebody more direct, something different.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't you mean he's been pushed on to another club as not been starting for many of the last few games??
I think that’s what’s called putting words in folks mouths.

He was a useful outlet tonight and took the pressure off our defence, if he and the club can’t agree on a contract though there is no end other than to move him on. Not starting shouldn’t have anything to do with anything.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that’s what’s called putting words in folks mouths.

He was a useful outlet tonight and took the pressure off our defence, if he and the club can’t agree on a contract though there is no end other than to move him on. Not starting shouldn’t have anything to do with anything.
No Fosun ain't stupid they know Adama is their best saleable asset if Bruno is to have his way and buy new players in this window..
Plus without dipping into the Fosun funds too much and curbing FFP trouble ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom