Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Adama Traore ~ To Sign New Contract ~ Or Loaned & Sold to Barcelona 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
Obvious? How do you reach that conclusion? You do know you might be wrong, don’t you?
Please don’t respond with…..” because he won’t sign” as it’s no answer.
Flipping the perspective here. What would it take for you to accept that he wants out?
He was sensational yesterday bar scoring. Powerful, jinking runs, taking balls out of the air, even when pressured by several players, none of his usual petulant ground slapping when he got fouled. His head never dropped.
You could speculate he’sa changed man under Bruno and is enjoying his football- I think, pessimistically, it was a job interview. Hope I’m wrong though, he’s our only catalyst.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Flipping the perspective here. What would it take for you to accept that he wants out?
He was sensational yesterday bar scoring. Powerful, jinking runs, taking balls out of the air, even when pressured by several players, none of his usual petulant ground slapping when he got fouled. His head never dropped.
You could speculate he’sa changed man under Bruno and is enjoying his football- I think, pessimistically, it was a job interview. Hope I’m wrong though, he’s our only catalyst.
Adama doesn't need to do a job interview - either for Nuno or Klopp. They both know what he's capable of.

As for the handshake with Nuno while Marcal was injured - nothing in it. That sort of thing is far more common that it was. Look at all the Leicester players who shook hands with Raul during the game.

He's worked with Bruno for about a month, and he's had two of his best games in his PL career in terms of shots/xG. I desperately hope he stays: one of the most exciting footballers I've ever seen & the idea of selling him for not much more than Villa paid for Buendia is simply ludicrous

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama seems to be quite an emotional type who needs to feel loved. Sure Pulis said something along those lines from when he was at Boro.

The chemistry appears to be building with Bruno and I really hope Jeff doesn't have a brain fart this week, as I can see him signing that long term contract once the window closes and becoming one of Bruno's main men.
Yes, Pulis said he treated him differently to every other player in the Boro squad at the time. He even said he made Adama make them both cups of tea! It's a way to bond i guess.

Pulis also admitted that one of his tactics was actually give the ball to Adama and let him do whatever he wants.

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
Adama doesn't need to do a job interview - either for Nuno or Klopp. They both know what he's capable of.

As for the handshake with Nuno while Marcal was injured - nothing in it. That sort of thing is far more common that it was. Look at all the Leicester players who shook hands with Raul during the game.

He's worked with Bruno for about a month, and he's had two of his best games in his PL career in terms of shots/xG. I desperately hope he stays: one of the most exciting footballers I've ever seen & the idea of selling him for not much more than Villa paid for Buendia is simply ludicrous
Hope you’re right. It wasn’t the handshake. It was the way he was chummy with the players and staff at full time, when no other wolves player was.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama had an unbelievably good game yesterday. Absolutely electrifying and to be honest that first half display was the best 45 minutes I've ever seen from a Wolves player, including Steve Bull.
It amazes me that some fans would want us to sell him.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama had an unbelievably good game yesterday. Absolutely electrifying and to be honest that first half display was the best 45 minutes I've ever seen from a Wolves player, including Steve Bull.
It amazes me that some fans would want us to sell him.
I turned around to my mate and said he was absolutely brilliant at half time, it was like he was trying to impress but hopefully its because Lage has just released him. Nuno will just have him touching the paint on the sideline all game

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm probably being biased here but I think Adama will be making a very bad decision if he leaves us for a "big" club. I don't think these sides will stand by him during his inconsistent spells and he will eventually be the most expensive impact sub around; which will stall his career.

Having watched him under Bruno I'm starting to think that if there's ever a time to click at Wolves I think it will be now for him. He's given a lot more freedom from defensive duties, has moved to the left and is encouraged to play on the last man in certain patterns of play. He's also starting to play earlier passes to mix things up a bit which is making him harder to read.

If I was the coaching team I would be forgetting the idea that they can teach him composure in from of goal and I'd be constantly working on him getting his head over the ball and hitting the target low and hard. No need to intricacy or too much thinking: just get his head down and hit the target.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm probably being biased here but I think Adama will be making a very bad decision if he leaves us for a "big" club. I don't think these sides will stand by him during his inconsistent spells and he will eventually be the most expensive impact sub around; which will stall his career.

Having watched him under Bruno I'm starting to think that if there's ever a time to click at Wolves I think it will be now for him. He's given a lot more freedom from defensive duties, has moved to the left and is encouraged to play on the last man in certain patterns of play. He's also starting to play earlier passes to mix things up a bit which is making him harder to read.

If I was the coaching team I would be forgetting the idea that they can teach him composure in from of goal and I'd be constantly working on him getting his head over the ball and hitting the target low and hard. No need to intricacy or too much thinking: just get his head down and hit the target.
Absolutely this. He’ll also be getting a lot less game time and if he goes to Spurs he’ll again be hampered by Nunos ultra cautious football. I believe if he stays Bruno will work wonders with him.

Reactions: Ned

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How much would a realistic price be? That we’d want. Maybe it can be achieved with add ons

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With it being a sky 6 club involved I think it has to be a premium, £60 million

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn’t read his reaction at the end like many on here.

He was talking to two members of Spurs staff but they know him, I think one was that Dias, blonde fitness guy. That’s pretty normal for someone you’ve worked 3+ years with.

Son then said something to him but again, didn’t seem anything out the ordinary. He then clapped our fans from the halfway line and walked off with his head down, presumably sad about the miss. He certainly didn’t applaud/wave in an extra long way you’d expect for someone who knew he was playing his last game.

Not me saying he won’t go but just I felt there was nothing in it.

As for what he’s worth. Neto’s injury has to add a lot on for us. £60-70m at least now.

I’ve always said, such is his unique ability, you could genuinely get a bidding war even if he had a year on his deal. So selling for £40m now would be madness.

Also, it was reported regularly that Traore wouldn’t sign because he wanted to be paid as a top earner at Wolves, for those blaming him. He totally deserved that and if he won’t sign now it’s completely on the board for not giving him a contract that he genuinely deserves.

The chance of him signing a new deal now seem slim. I’d be asking for another year out him, sign a new deal to give us more power in negotiations but have a release clause for a Champions League team or something. Not ideal but best we can do.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I turned around to my mate and said he was absolutely brilliant at half time, it was like he was trying to impress but hopefully its because Lage has just released him. Nuno will just have him touching the paint on the sideline all game
And probably from the wrong side of the sideline.

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes, Pulis said he treated him differently to every other player in the Boro squad at the time. He even said he made Adama make them both cups of tea! It's a way to bond i guess.

Any time I read about Pulis' man management I'm reminded of James Beattie. Never fails to amuse me!

fleck1

Reaction score
I can see the arguments for both sides, he can have you out of your seat one minute but ripping your hair out the next. At 26 is he going to add the composure, goals and assists to his game I don't see it? If letting him go provides us with another wide forward and a striker to add goals and assists it's probably the more preferable business than letting Neves go. Adama is Adama he's quick, he's exciting, he erratic and frustrating, I think his contributions in the final 3rd can easily be replaced but you'll lose that x factor

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I can see the arguments for both sides, he can have you out of your seat one minute but ripping your hair out the next. At 26 is he going to add the composure, goals and assists to his game I don't see it? If letting him go provides us with another wide forward and a striker to add goals and assists it's probably the more preferable business than letting Neves go. Adama is Adama he's quick, he's exciting, he erratic and frustrating, I think his contributions in the final 3rd can easily be replaced but you'll lose that x factor
Fair comments, if we lose Adama we have to massively improve our ball progression outside of him. We still don't break the lines anywhere near enough. Trincao theoretically should be he hasn't been very impactful so far

Reaction score
Levy needs to get his platinum card out then because £40m is peanuts for Adama.
It's fine for him to extort City on Kane, but wants players in on the cheap.
Get lost.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is awful news.

Telegraph saying a loan with a view or Jota like staggered payments.

Pathetic from us, £40m straight up isn't good enough, if we go out our way to make it easy for them it's ****ing ridiculous.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is awful news.

Telegraph saying a loan with a view or Jota like staggered payments.

Pathetic from us, £40m straight up isn't good enough, if we go out our way to make it easy for them it's ****ing ridiculous.

Why on earth would we do that?! Take the money and go and buy some bloody players like Villa did

Sanewolf

Reaction score
Ive said it on numerous threads but if we sell Adama for the rumored fee of £40million we have to seriously question the ambition of Fosun?

Owners with real ambitons and aspirations would ensure we keep our best players and add quality around them. Fosun seem willing to sell anyone if it results in a profit on the balance sheet.

40 million isn't even much money in todays market. We sold Jota for £50 million and replaced him with a teenager who isn't currently ready to play in this league.

Nearly every single attack Wolves create comes from Traore in one way, you cant replace that for £40 million.

All of the above is true before you even consider our other more important creative player has had an injury set back and is unlikely to play until March next year!!!!

Give Traore a new contract, pay him what he wants, tell him he has a release clause for 80 million so if he wants to leave he has to perform to that level and the offers will come.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We quickly become relegation candidates IMO with no Traore (and Neto).

This team would have zero pace in it and the replacement who will probably be Guedes, has huge question marks over him.

Add in a defence that always concedes one or two, then it's a recipe for disaster.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Genuinely gutted if this happens. It is so close to properly clicking for him and if/when it does, he will be a truly top talent.

I’d offer to match our top earners wage as he is more important to us than Moutinho and the additional £3m per year it would cost us would be more than compensated by the additional value it would put on any transfer fee.

If he still won’t sign, then I accept we probably have to let him go at the end of the season (I wouldn’t consider it until then given Neto’s injury and the amount of time it could take Trincao and any replacement to get up to speed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom