Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Adama Traore ~ To Sign New Contract ~ Or Loaned & Sold to Barcelona 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Obviously Traore didn’t want the deal. So what can Shi do about that? Not Wolves fault.
Please don’t say we should have offered him more. He was offered what he was worth.
After euros, give him one more offer based on his performances there and if he turns it down, Just get rid - we don’t want another never-ending Henri Camara saga.

we may not get in a replacement as good (st maximin) but might get in two for the
Money who overall improve us.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not that he's not a good player, he's talented obviously. However he never had a run of games as he's injured so often so struggled to hit form and he's stagnated badly on the back of it. Last year he was a shell of the player who burst through at Chelsea.
He‘s had one good season on loan at palace, which got him into the England squad and a nice big new contract - I understand he’s had injury’s but I can’t say I understand the attraction.

as you say he went to Fulham to get game time and did jack **** all season. Will he ever get back to the form from that time?

If he can’t shine as the standout player in a poor bottom 3 team .......

westside wolf

Reaction score
Is there a possible deal where he goes to Barcelona in a direct exchange for a couple of players? Trincao and Umtiti for example. If he has a decent Euros it’s possible they may be interested.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Is there a possible deal where he goes to Barcelona in a direct exchange for a couple of players? Trincao and Umtiti for example. If he has a decent Euros it’s possible they may be interested.
Could see Trincao coming, doubt we'd have draw to tempt Umtiti

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe the reported Chelsea interest is legitimate.
But if it is, a swap for Abraham would work all round?

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Swaps/loans etc are going to be very important for us this summer. We need some luck in terms of the needs of other clubs coinciding with our own,with Adama, Mir and Vinagre, perhaps Cutrone helping to grease the wheels for us. Just keep Neves please.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After euros, give him one more offer based on his performances there and if he turns it down, Just get rid - we don’t want another never-ending Henri Camara saga.

we may not get in a replacement as good (st maximin) but might get in two for the
Money who overall improve us.
I get your point but I’d rather offer him a package based on what he does for Wolves rather than what he does for Spain.
I trust Shi to make a reasonable offer. Obviously Wolves want to keep Traore but there comes a point in all negotiations that someone says .......”I can’t go any higher.....that’s my last offer”.
So that could be where we’re at with Adama.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just hope the saga is ended soon, one way or another.
Either he wants to remain with us or he doesn't.
Simples.
Need to move on, with him still a Wolves player, I hope!!
It's becoming a little tedious me thinks!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just hope the saga is ended soon, one way or another.
Either he wants to remain with us or he doesn't.
Simples.
Need to move on, with him still a Wolves player, I hope!!
It's becoming a little tedious me thinks!
Adama said it will be sorted after euros

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
30 mil and Marc Guehi and i would let him have him

Like the idea of that. Maybe take less money and throw in Malang Sarr too.

Might end up lacking a touch of hight at the back but very good on the ball and can play a very high line with them

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chelsea matched PSG's 56mil bid for Hakimi if they get him they won't want Traore as well will be one or the other. If he goes to PSG then Chelsea will probably turn to Adama

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chelsea matched PSG's 56mil bid for Hakimi if they get him they won't want Traore as well will be one or the other. If he goes to PSG then Chelsea will probably turn to Adama
PSG probably offer more wages depends what kind of challenge he wants

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we really believe these sort of reports??
If the money is right. Then its the right thing to do.

We are always going to be a selling club it's going to be our model.

Neves been here 4 years now and probably wants a new challenge. Adama has 24 months left on the contract and doesn't seem to want to resign.

Using that capital to buy 4/5/6 new players for the first team is what we need to do.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the money is right. Then its the right thing to do.

We are always going to be a selling club it's going to be our model.

Neves been here 4 years now and probably wants a new challenge. Adama has 24 months left on the contract and doesn't seem to want to resign.

Using that capital to buy 4/5/6 new players for the first team is what we need to do.
If we lost Mir, Cutrone, Dendoncker, Boly, Rui, Moutinho, Saiss, Adama & Neves it’s not that detrimental and could bag ourselves 150m in the process and buy about 10 players if we wanted.

The Great Wolves Reset - Trust the Fosun process

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we lost Mir, Cutrone, Dendoncker, Boly, Rui, Moutinho, Saiss, Adama & Neves it’s not that detrimental and could bag ourselves 150m in the process and buy about 10 players if we wanted
Beg to disagree…..selling 7 first team players would, imo, be very detrimental. Some caution at this point is wise. Lage hasn’t had time to come up to speed on the squad or had enough time to look at possible incoming transfers.
I know there a lot of rumours, ( and at this point thats all they are), but my preference would be little or no outgoing ……yet. Let Lage decide for the next window.

Having said that, I wonder if Jeff has made a list of any players he wants to try for.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beg to disagree…..selling 7 first team players would, imo, be very detrimental. Some caution at this point is wise. Lage hasn’t had time to come up to speed on the squad or had enough time to look at possible incoming transfers.
I know there a lot of rumours, ( and at this point thats all they are), but my preference would be little or no outgoing ……yet. Let Lage decide for the next window.

Having said that, I wonder if Jeff has made a list of any players he wants to try for.
I agree but we know there are going to be big changes. I forgot to add Vinagre. They want to money to fund Lage it’s a matter or waiting and see what happens after the euros.

Again there probably is a list and Mendes is working on it

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree but we know there are going to be big changes. I forgot to add Vinagre. They want to money to fund Lage it’s a matter or waiting and see what happens after the euros.

Again there probably is a list and Mendes is working on it
It wouldn’t surprise me if one or two players want to leave but Jeff will put Wolves’ interests first. After this bad season, surely it’s unlikely he will allow key players to leave. He just might say to player X…….”sorry, we know you want to leave but we need time. We will accept reasonable offers for you next summer and won’t stand in your way.”

It might be a quiet transfer season all round. Covid cost clubs a lot of money and although we may be combing near some form of exit, most clubs will be cautious as the financial future is still uncertain.

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If players aren't used to, willing or capable of, playing the style Lage wants to institute then there has to be a turnover of those players. We can't just expect a high pressing, high-scoring team to emerge from a squad created on the basis of counter-attacking, very few of whom have the ability to hit the target on a regular basis.

Presumably he will be discussing his requirements with Mendes, who will be informed of any budget restrictions by Jeff. Obviously the changed work permit situation has to be considered to ensure we actually have a viable squad available in time to start the season. Let's hope he's using this time wisely before he & the players return to Wolverhampton.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If players aren't used to, willing or capable of, playing the style Lage wants to institute then there has to be a turnover of those players. We can't just expect a high pressing, high-scoring team to emerge from a squad created on the basis of counter-attacking, very few of whom have the ability to hit the target on a regular basis.

Presumably he will be discussing his requirements with Mendes, who will be informed of any budget restrictions by Jeff. Obviously the changed work permit situation has to be considered to ensure we actually have a viable squad available in time to start the season. Let's hope he's using this time wisely before he & the players return to Wolverhampton.
Obviously none of us can know for sure, but I doubt Jeff shows Mendes all his cards, eg, transfer budgets. I often wonder if Wolves fans make too much of our links to Mendes and how much influence he really has.
Mendes has to represent many players and must keep some professional distance from Wolves or, in the very small world of football, he might start losing clients.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be gutted if we sold Neves and Traore in the same summer.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I really couldn't care about the high pressing part.
More than one way to play football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom