Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Adama at International Level

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our Number 37 has been called up by Mali, for the next International break.

No one knows, what Adama’s intentions are - with those 2 Spain call ups being missed thanks to Injury and the Positive COVID-19 Test.

Just thank goodness, its his international future that are seeking his services for!

WolfClaw

Groupie
Reaction score
Our Number 37 has been called up by Mali, for the next International break.

No one knows, what Adama’s intentions are - with those 2 Spain call ups being missed thanks to Injury and the Positive COVID-19 Test.

Just thank goodness, its his international future that are seeking his services for!
I think he's holding out for Portugal. Rumour has it that negotiations have been underway for some time.
A spokesman for the Portuguese National Team let slip that for all intents and purposes the whole Wolves starting 11 is considered as practically Portuguese. However players like Jimenez, Saiss and Dendoncker are ineligible since they already played for another country at senior level whilst Coady they didn't want. No room for him at the back. They think Boly is a unit, but too moody French for their tastes.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama is in demand and has a choice to make as he's also in the provisional Spain squad...

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty obvious he going for Spain IMO.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Generally a player/person should know where their heart lays.
Choosing the country you play for based on “other factors” I find saddening.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he's holding out for Portugal. Rumour has it that negotiations have been underway for some time.
A spokesman for the Portuguese National Team let slip that for all intents and purposes the whole Wolves starting 11 is considered as practically Portuguese. However players like Jimenez, Saiss and Dendoncker are ineligible since they already played for another country at senior level whilst Coady they didn't want. No room for him at the back. They think Boly is a unit, but too moody French for their tastes.

Brilliant, but you do realise there are a some on here that will take this as genuine info. Lol.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he'll choose Spain, though he has a legitimate claim for both. Country of birth vs country of parents birth.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will probably be wrong but I reckon within the next 10 years the rules will change to allow players to choose which country they want to represent depending on the campaign. Some people do generally feel loyalty or whatever you want to call it to two countries. As long as they don't represent two teams within the same qualification campaign or tournament I think they could play for more than one team. That's my prediction anyway.

Traore probably genuinely feels both Spanish and Malian. I can't think of a reason why Traore can't play for both Spain and Mali as long as the campaigns don't clash.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should be Spain, he was born and raised in Spain, he has no allegiance to Mali apart from his parents coming from there.

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will probably be wrong but I reckon within the next 10 years the rules will change to allow players to choose which country they want to represent depending on the campaign. Some people do generally feel loyalty or whatever you want to call it to two countries. As long as they don't represent two teams within the same qualification campaign or tournament I think they could play for more than one team. That's my prediction anyway.

Traore probably genuinely feels both Spanish and Malian. I can't think of a reason why Traore can't play for both Spain and Mali as long as the campaigns don't clash.
Black Country over England every time.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty obvious he going for Spain IMO.

Yep he'd never have accepted that last call-up and travelled if he hadn't let them know he wanted to play for Spain. Would be weird if he changed his mind at the last moment, I think Mali are just trying a bit of a last chance attempt to sway him with this call-up.

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ah so that means within your 10 year time frame that Saudi or some other wealthy country with no football base will win the World Cup because they will be able to "encourage" players to play for them for a given campaign ??

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

No way will that happen. The clubs who pay the player would not allow it.

Reaction score
On the subject of dual nationality didn't realise till he left that Doc could also have player for Netherlands

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should be Spain, he was born and raised in Spain, he has no allegiance to Mali apart from his parents coming from there.

Respectfully disagree that it's that simple. England would be my only option because that's my only lineage (at least for the last 3-400 years :tearsofjoy: ) so I don't really have any insight into how it would feel to have dual-heritage (or however you'd describe it) but I can imagine that there would be an emotional pull both ways. He may have been born in Spain but, as for 'raised', that's a different matter and I suspect he might feel 'raised' in a blend of Spanish and Malian ways. I can only imagine but I also suspect that it would be totally different for each individual ... some would have an 'allegiance' to the nation in which they were born whereas others might want to 'honour' the birthplace of their parents. It's not so cut and dried; nationality is often an emotional rather than a logical thing.

As for Adama, good luck either way - regardless of what criticism he might sometimes receive, nobody can deny that he's worked hard enough to deserve a call up to either.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Respectfully disagree that it's that simple. England would be my only option because that's my only lineage (at least for the last 3-400 years :tearsofjoy: ) so I don't really have any insight into how it would feel to have dual-heritage (or however you'd describe it) but I can imagine that there would be an emotional pull both ways. He may have been born in Spain but, as for 'raised', that's a different matter and I suspect he might feel 'raised' in a blend of Spanish and Malian ways. I can only imagine but I also suspect that it would be totally different for each individual ... some would have an 'allegiance' to the nation in which they were born whereas others might want to 'honour' the birthplace of their parents. It's not so cut and dried; nationality is often an emotional rather than a logical thing.

As for Adama, good luck either way - regardless of what criticism he might sometimes receive, nobody can deny that he's worked hard enough to deserve a call up to either.

Probably just my perspective then, one of my parents is from Scotland but I was born and raised in England. I would have absolutely no emotional pull to play for Scotland if I could play for England.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably just my perspective then, one of my parents is from Scotland but I was born and raised in England. I would have absolutely no emotional pull to play for Scotland if I could play for England.

Yeah, exactly, it’s a very personal decision.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mmmm play for England in front of the prawn sandwich brigade and that horrible band or play in a packed Hampden bouncing !!

Reaction score
It's the dilemma that both Declan Rice and Jack Grealish faced although personally I think once you make a commitment one way then stick to it.

Can see both sides though

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mmmm play for England in front of the prawn sandwich brigade and that horrible band or play in a packed Hampden bouncing !!

Mmm play in the Euros and World Cups or watch your teammates taking part on tele while you sit on your backside.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate how people have to decide which country they want to play for and if they factor in who is the best.

It's an emotional decision and it's personal to do with your family.

That's not to say Traore is like this but the English players who play for Scotland, Ireland, Wales - Raheem Sterling for England. I don't get it.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Can't see that myself. Long gone are those days. Ferenc Puskas played for both Hungary and Spain, it won't happen again.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always thought you should play for the country you were born in, none of this grand parents were born elsewhere crap.
I agree that there should be a cut off (at parents level) , not going into the mists of time. Leaving it at one generation would prevent our first team rushing to get flights to Portugal every time the missus had Braxton Hicks.

That said, it would never have affected my choice (had I been good enough at anything). Myself, My parents, four grandparents and their parents were born in Wales. I did pollute the gene pool by having kids with a Manc though (kids born in Wrexham and Anglesey).
I suppose it can be an emotional choice for some, but not others. Adama has been unlucky with Spain call ups, Will Spain try again?

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the Spain squad announced earlier. Good luck to him.

Back
Top Bottom