Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Adama at International Level

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Here in Ireland we have a term, jockey him, basically stay on him and don't allow the player room to play ie shadow the player., force him to either beat you (not going to happen with Adamas pace) force the player to stop and check back or to force them to the sideline where they have to try off load the ball or try cross.

By fouling the player the opposition can now take a set piece and deliver into the area.

I understand taking one for the team if its a very real goal threat but it wasn't so it was giving away a needless free kick.
That's why Ireland are getting bounced from tournaments. Old school, archaic nonsense.

silverwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Adama is worth anything between £20m and £120m on any given day. Surely the most explosive, exciting and infuriating player we've ever had.

This for me too. Most exciting player I’ve ever seen at the mol when he’s on the ball. Just drives me mad with his off the ball work and his impact on the rest of the team when he plays. Honestly as a team I feel we have more movement and options when he’s not there......BUT and it’s a big BUT, when he’s got the bit between his teeth and he’s facing up a wing back there is no one more exciting to watch.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This for me too. Most exciting player I’ve ever seen at the mol when he’s on the ball. Just drives me mad with his off the ball work and his impact on the rest of the team when he plays. Honestly as a team I feel we have more movement and options when he’s not there......BUT and it’s a big BUT, when he’s got the bit between his teeth and he’s facing up a wing back there is no one more exciting to watch.
Agreed. Hopefully Nuno Will be targeting his off the ball movement as the next stage of his evolution.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was always going to get on. It shuts down the Mali option

I’m interested in the game now though

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
Thought tonight he had a good initial impact within a minute of coming on basically ran through the whole Swiss team. Then got to byline and put a good cross in. After that he became the frustrating Adama ran ball out of play, poor crossing and poor final choice.

He did well overall though and he pressed well and positional sense looked OK. He played better vs Portugal imo

A good cameo just needed to get his head up sometimes, you do not always have to beat the man.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought tonight he had a good initial impact within a minute of coming on basically ran through the whole Swiss team. Then got to byline and put a good cross in. After that he became the frustrating Adama ran ball out of play, poor crossing and poor final choice.

He did well overall though and he pressed well and positional sense looked OK. He played better vs Portugal imo

A good cameo just needed to get his head up sometimes, you do not always have to beat the man.
Thought he’d have learnt this by now...

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He seems to have his mind focused on getting past players and then shuts his eyes and puts in hail Mary crosses. Must be frustrating for coaches as he doesnt listen

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree if we left Traore up for corners the opponents would have to leave at least 2 if not 3 players back.
The opposition could easily find themselves a man down, considering the only way to stop him seems to be to foul him (not a good idea when you're the last defender).

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree if we left Traore up for corners the opponents would have to leave at least 2 if not 3 players back.

Agreed also .....the number of times we broke out and scored when defending ,via Rubens long balls out to Jota with Raul getting up to support him . Noticeable since Jota hasn't been in the team we've lost our trademark ability to hit teams at speed

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'll have to agree to disagree. For me it's a stupid foul and unnecessary.
What exactly were the ramifications of the foul? A dangerous free kick? A penalty? A caution or red card?

Or an opportunity to stop play, regroup and reset?

Far from stupid. In fact quite the opposite.it could be argued him with no brain done something smart.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed also .....the number of times we broke out and scored when defending ,via Rubens long balls out to Jota with Raul getting up to support him . Noticeable since Jota hasn't been in the team we've lost our trademark ability to hit teams at speed
We were hitting teams with speed plenty with Jota sat in the bench last season.

D

Deleted member 11332

This would require us being able to clear the ball directly to him as he doesn't move without it.

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He gets criticised for making bad decisions, but that can be worked on with coaching. The ability he has to breeze past players like this, whether at international level or in the Premier League, is just unbelievable. At to that his acceleration, his top speed, and his strength and just appreciate how good he is, and the fact that he plays for Wolves.

Remember Maradona's second goal against England in 1986? Generally overshadowed by the 'hand of God' that preceeded it, but an amazing goal. It might be a bit OTT to compare Traore with Maradona, but he has the same ability to beat players, and when you consider what else he has in his locker, frustrating as he may be at times, he really has the potential to be World class if he can improve the rest of his game.

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This would require us being able to clear the ball directly to him as he doesn't move without it.
We have players who are capable of doing that with pinpoint precision, but even if it was lumped forward into space, he'd be favourite to get to it first.

Persian_Wolf

Reaction score
Just cannot understand the criticism levelled at Traore at times. He gives away a needless foul and the discussion seems to be mainly on this. Was it only me that thought when he came on, he changed the dynamics of a dull and boring game? Would the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo not give away fouls where he could have used his pace as well?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He gets criticised for making bad decisions, but that can be worked on with coaching. The ability he has to breeze past players like this, whether at international level or in the Premier League, is just unbelievable. At to that his acceleration, his top speed, and his strength and just appreciate how good he is, and the fact that he plays for Wolves.

Remember Maradona's second goal against England in 1986? Generally overshadowed by the 'hand of God' that preceeded it, but an amazing goal. It might be a bit OTT to compare Traore with Maradona, but he has the same ability to beat players, and when you consider what else he has in his locker, frustrating as he may be at times, he really has the potential to be World class if he can improve the rest of his game.

I dont think adding goals to his game on a more regular basis is ever going to happen. I dont think he will ever have the composure. I'm not even convinced he is going to ever get much better than he already is. He seems to need constantly reminding to work as well off the ball as he does on it. Saying that, when he is on, he is unplayable.

If he ever gets a move to a really top, top side, i think he is only ever going to be an impact player. It just suits the explosiveness of his game.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think adding goals to his game on a more regular basis is ever going to happen. I dont think he will ever have the composure. I'm not even convinced he is going to ever get much better than he already is. He seems to need constantly reminding to work as well off the ball as he does on it. Saying that, when he is on, he is unplayable.

If he ever gets a move to a really top, top side, i think he is only ever going to be an impact player. It just suits the explosiveness of his game.
@Mugwump .. So Adama didn't have the composure to score those 2 great goals away against Man City last season?
Remember when Bright had 2 similar chances in a League cup game at Man City in a previous season with not the same composure to convert. You can't say that about Adama as he's not very often in that position as he is meant to provide assists more so.
Adama is improving season by season all the time under Nuno's coaching in more ways than one. That's why he's worth zillions now ;)

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don't think he'll ever be prolific, but as @Jay Jay de Wolf says, he can score. Sometimes it is simply a case if being in the right place at the right time (I.e. Coady against Wales), and if you can dribble past enough players to get into the right place...

He needs to improve on his awareness of his surroundings - teammates, goal etc. and slow down enough to be able to make the best decision. That's not easily done at 100mph!

NickJohnG

Groupie
Reaction score
I don't think he'll ever be prolific, but as @Jay Jay de Wolf says, he can score. Sometimes it is simply a case if being in the right place at the right time (I.e. Coady against Wales), and if you can dribble past enough players to get into the right place...

He needs to improve on his awareness of his surroundings - teammates, goal etc. and slow down enough to be able to make the best decision. That's not easily done at 100mph!
He’s a forward player that hasn’t scored in a year.

That’s why he’ll never be worth the big bucks.

Running fast and beating five players counts for nothing, if it results in nothing.

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s a forward player that hasn’t scored in a year.

That’s why he’ll never be worth the big bucks.

Running fast and beating five players counts for nothing, if it results in nothing.
He's been utilised out wide, to beat his man and put a cross in for Raul or whoever. Consequently he hasn't tended to get into goalscoring positions.

NickJohnG

Groupie
Reaction score
He's been utilised out wide, to beat his man and put a cross in for Raul or whoever. Consequently he hasn't tended to get into goalscoring positions.
Fair enough.

Sterling is mainly utilised out wide though, and Mane plays wide in a front three (like Adama).

Just saying.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough.

Sterling is mainly utilised out wide though, and Mane plays wide in a front three (like Adama).

Just saying.
Liverpool and City are on another level to us. Just saying.

Back
Top Bottom