Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

A Thread of Cold Relentless Logic, by USA Wolf

USA Wolf

President, Jordan Graham Fan Club
Reaction score
Let's be objective.

-Wolves have lost a total of 5 games out of 34.

-Wolves have earned a result from 85% of their matches.

-Wolves have won 64% of their matches.

-Wolves can win 6 and lose 6 of their final 12 matches and still find themselves at 91 points.

-Statistically, Wolves should win 7 or 8 of their final 12.

-7 of Wolves final 12 matches are against teams currently sitting in the bottom 8 spots of the table.

-4 of Wolves final 12 matches are against teams currently in the top 8.

-Wolves currently sit 7 points clear of third place with a game in hand.

-Cardiff play 3 of their last 11 matches against clubs currently in the top 8 spots of the table (Wolves, Villa, Derby), as well as four against clubs in the bottom 8.

-Villa play 3 of their last 11 matches against clubs currently in the top 8 spots of the table (Wolves, Cardiff, Derby), as well as three against clubs in the bottom 8.

-Fulham have an easier run in but only 10 matches remaining. They only play one top 8 club (PNE), while playing four clubs in the bottom 8.

-Derby are still 12 points out from Wolves, and only have 10 matches remaining.

-Wolves and Cardiff have allowed the fewest goals in the league, both at 28.

-Only Fulham (62) have scored more goals than Wolves (59 and two games in hand).

-Wolves have Nuno, Neves (well rested), Jota, Cav, and Costa.

Cheer hard today, lads.

tenor.gif

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too many stats there for me USA, but appreciate the effort.
I want to see the Wolves of November tonight, aggressive, skillfull, inventive, classy and most of all confident.
You can add our three points tonight to your stats then.

S

Staten Island Wolf

Well done USA Wolf. That IS compelling stuff. I think a tad of complacency and a smidge of fatigue did for us. We will be fresh again tonight. Artists need rest. The UK cloggers are tough lads.

USA Wolf

Reaction score
Too many stats there for me USA, but appreciate the effort.
I want to see the Wolves of November tonight, aggressive, skillfull, inventive, classy and most of all confident.
You can add our three points tonight to your stats then.

I will!

And you can never have too many stats when they are good! ;)

S

ShropshireLad

Sorry, Alex, if the laws of logic ruled football many of us just wouldn't be interested in the sport at this level.

D

Deleted member 5910

Wolves' points-per-game for the month of February was 1.6 (two wins, two draws and a defeat). This represents our worst form of the season, yet to sustain such 'poor' form would see us end up with 92 points.

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Before I get bemoaned as being pessimistic, I'm just stating that you can't predict anything in this League.
Stats mean nothing.

USA Wolf

Reaction score
Before I get bemoaned as being pessimistic, I'm just stating that you can't predict anything in this League.
Stats mean nothing.

That is fair. I'm of the opinion that statistics offer valuable perspective to the emotional side of the game :)

That OP is going to trigger a few.

Facts tend to do that :D

O

OldWolvesfart

Stats do not lie, thanks USA - lets take them apart in the first 30 minutes , put them to the sword. Watch out for crippling tackles this is Leeds remember.

WSCWolf

Reaction score
So we just glossing over that awesome GIF?

Think wolves will be sound, few dropped points to give hope before we crush the rest :D

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately, stats are like a mini skirt: it's what they don't reveal that is the most important!

There is however, one thing that is inalienable: win, lose or draw, the result of this game does not and will not be the defining one of this season.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good stuff but unfortunately football is all too often not logical. Basically the players have to mess up big time to not be in one of the top two spots by the end of the season. But three of our rivals have massive positive momentum and we have lost our mojo in the past three matches. Leeds, Middlesbrough, Villa, and Cardiff away is a tough schedule plus Derby at home. Three points needed from next two games minimum - ideally six but four would do nicely. If we achieve this some of us will be able to relax.....a tiny bit and the finishing line will be that much closer. But two massive matches coming up and the boys have to WANT IT if they are going to get over the line. Another couple of faltering performances and we could be in a dog fight to the very last minute of the season which we do not want and once form is lost its very hard to re-establish. We need to puncture our opponents progress right now otherwise we are risking all that has been achieved so far this season Come on!

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately, stats are like a mini skirt: it's what they don't reveal that is the most important!

There is however, one thing that is inalienable: win, lose or draw, the result of this game does not and will not be the defining one of this season.
I think that may be the first and last time anyone sees the word inalienable on a football message board, fair play to you.

USA Wolf

Reaction score
I think that may be the first and last time anyone sees the word inalienable on a football message board, fair play to you.

Compelled, I searched it on here :D The only other time it's recorded was in November 2016 by @Hrothgar in the FIFA/Poppies thread!

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves have won none of their last three games.

#justsaying

“There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics.” Disraeli.
Wolves have won none of their last three games.

#justsaying

“There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics.” Disraeli.
I was looking for that quote on here. Good points USAWolf and the bookies' odds reflect the same, season-long logic.

But football is a game of momentum and I suppose stats can be used/grouped to show whatever story you want, particularly if you look at Fulham's recent form versus ours. Luckily it's not a 60 game long season :)

Back
Top Bottom