Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

30 hours to go...

Will we sign anyone before the window closes at 11pm tomorrow?

• Yes

Votes: 112 44.3%
  • No

Votes: 141 55.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were prepared to pay over £10 million for Locadia so the money is there. Need a right back and striker.

Goodbye Horse

Reaction score
10 million for benik afobe on a 4 and a half year deal for six months of football is absolutely crazy.
Who's to say we will get our money back teams aren't exactly queuing up at Bournemouth.
We have enough! We have enough!

E

Essex Wolf

Like to think there will be a signing but not expecting one.

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

Don't think we'll sign anyone we will win the league anyway, with the players we've got and early enough to give some kids a chance

Plymouth Wolf

Reaction score
Don't think we will. Another boring transfer deadline day I, personally, would get a striker in. Afobe in on loan but not permanent. I can understand the club not wanting to blow 10m. We may be dominating games but when it's only 1-0 like against Ipswich there is always a risk of a goal against the run of play and 2 or 3 points dropped. Need someone to kill off the opposition when we are dominant.

W

we8wba

I think jota news is softening blow to those who are expecting an afobe or a another striker

We may add Coventry lad u23s but be surprised we add to our first team

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Think we'll sign the bloke from Coventry for the U23s, and there might be a couple of players going out on loan (Marshall, Burgoyne, Mason). That's probs it though.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope not. I'm very happy with our business. We beat Real Madrid to a signing, we tied up MGW to a new contract, and we announced Jota.
So ... actually, in this window, we improved the squad by signing a Spanish second division player ... and, err, that’s it.

(Devils Advocate)

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This must be the driest our collective pants have ever been going into transfer deadline day.

I actually do think we need RWB cover and a striker who can add something, but it's like Nuno has hypnotised me and I'm just blindly following his every whim now.

03726 Wolf

No, I think when NES played Jota, Cav, Costa up front on Saturday as a 'Fluid Trio' that was a statement of intent.
Like he said, he " will only bring players that will improve the team" maybe that's not possible at this time, I suspect our prime activity will be close season.

Personally and the way we appear to be doing business these days, combined with the Mendes factor, I think we would have concluded our business weeks ago and not leave it until the **** end of the transfer window.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't think we'll sign anyone. If we do I guess it might be a RB. I think the Jota announcement was made today to placate the fans a bit, to take the edge off the possibility of us not making another signing. Seems a bit of an odd announcement otherwise.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
I don't see Bennet as a rwb he played against man city on the right but was more like a right back.

I think we do need cover in that position more than any other, especially as it's so important to the formation

S

ShropshireLad

I’d like Afobe, but I won’t be too concerned if we don’t sign anyone. Graham could be like a new signing in itself.

See what I did there :)
I've gone past caring, tbh. We'll probably achieve what we all want to achieve at the end of the season without him so someone better would be better. :cool:

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Jota announcement is totally a PR move at this time to soothe us for when we don't bring in the fantasy names people are throwing around.

That said, I'm not fussed. Would like a loan RWB or forward, but whatever. If Wolves bottle the lead at this stage, then not one player would've saved us.

Kenny Hibbitt is my hero

Reaction score
He got injured tonight against west ham, so he was referring to the fact he may not be available for some time.

He’s being quoted as saying “especially if Bakary Sako goes” rather than if Bakary Sako is injured. But we don’t need him anyway. Hope for Sako’s sake it isn’t anything too serious. Just starting to get going for Palace

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The Jota announcement is totally a PR move at this time to soothe us for when we don't bring in the fantasy names people are throwing around.

That said, I'm not fussed. Would like a loan RWB or forward, but whatever. If Wolves bottle the lead at this stage, then not one player would've saved us.
Or could it be that we’ve delayed signing a Jota until the summer so serious money can be spent in this window elsewhere? To be honest most of us fans can only speculate but I what I know is these owners are serious about us going places.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or could it be that we’ve delayed signing a Jota until the summer so serious money can be spent in this window elsewhere? To be honest most of us fans can only speculate but I what I know is these owners are serious about us going places.

Oh, I know and agree. I'm confident big names and big money will be thrown around come summer. Which is why I get the current approach.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No signings. I am hoping the desperate deadline day panic signing (or lack of them) of the Moxey era are well and truly gone.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont expect any signings now. I would have liked to have seen us sign a new striker but as I think it was Ercall who rightly pointed out, if Nuno is happy with the players we currently have, then in him we trust. :):)

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not expecting anything tomorrow. Our squad is already way ahead of anything in the division. The spending will come in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom