Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

30 hours to go...

Will we sign anyone before the window closes at 11pm tomorrow?

• Yes

Votes: 112 44.3%
  • No

Votes: 141 55.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The House of Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Do you think we’ll sign anyone? And if so, who?

Are you happy with our business, or lack of?

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm happy as we are.

We're going to win the league lads (and lasses).

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know. No. Still time though.

D

Deleted member 4124

I hope not. I'm very happy with our business. We beat Real Madrid to a signing, we tied up MGW to a new contract, and we announced Jota.

D

Deleted member 5242

Delighted with our current business, still think there could be a player or two to come in and Marshall to leave on loan

D

Deleted member 4722

yes I think wolves will sign a striker and some one who wolves haven't been linked with ;)

R

reanswolf

I think the Jota news is to make it easier for us to take when we dont sign anyone....

... its working!! :D:p
Me too..........I'm happy whatever happens, but its frightening to think just how good we could be with a striker who plays differently to Leo.

Wolf In Essex

Reaction score
I think we have enough to get over the line (even if we do pick up an injury). But I do think a Striker and a RWB would he nice as a little insurance. If not I would still be happy, how could I not be after the season we are having.

T

TurboTaco91

I still think we're in desperate need of a RWB. If Doherty gets injured or suspended who's going to play there?

D

Deleted member 4453

on the back of the Jota news no.

I have a theory re RWB!
Matt Doherty could well be Iron Man, cause he quite clearly is indestructible and Nuno must think so too.
Oh what contrasts to Big Phil eh?

Relatively happy and on the face of it we probably will go up BUT the Wolves fan inside me worries. Most of us have it. That's why I'm A little irked at cover for Doc & something up top.

Does make me wonder how big they will spend come summer though....

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No. The Jota signing (and the Gibbs-White contract) was done now to forestall moaning that we did nothing in the window. It looks like there was never any intention to sign Afobe... but I hope I am wrong.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Thrilled with our business so far but I still think we’ll bring in a striker.

Marshall and possibly Mason to leave (both on loan).

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don't think we will but think we are short of cover rwb.

Goodbye Horse

Reaction score
We have enough now to get promoted. I'd rather save any cash we have for our assault on the Premier League.
Afobe is a player who isn't good enough for the Prem so I think it's a player we should leave alone.

D

Deleted member 4456

We may, but I'm not fussed if we don't. The group we have now is good enough to get the job done.

D

Deleted member 5910

I can only assume the medical staff and Nuno are happy with Ofosu-Ayeh's injury progress, because no back up RWB is odd.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
I'd like to see a striker brought in, but playing devil's advocate, if we don't sign another forward, it will give Enobakhare and Mir valuable game time. I doubt either will get any playing time (if) we get promoted.

B

Benson

I think Afobe may sign. What’s everyone’s opinion on this possibility? ;)

Well. If you are looking for my opinion... lol.. no, I wont start again

I think we will sign one for the future somewhere between being "youth" and "senior" (like Mir, Vinagre, Bright and MGW)

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
not really fussed. we have enough for this season

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think we will sign anyone now. The whole Jota announcement thing (as great as it is!) seems a bit of a smokescreen.

Would I like another signing or two? For sure, Afobe and a right back equivalent of Vinagre would have been ideal. I was disappointed last transfer window as hadn’t appreciated how strong the albeit small squad we have is in terms of ability at the time.

We should have enough to get over the line but we are a major injury or two away from a pretty threadbare team.

But in Nuno I trust, more than any other footballing figure in my lifetime.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think its nailed on that we will sign someone, even if its that young kid from Coventry.

The real question is will we sign someone for the matchday squad?

I think with us not splashing the cash on Jota now that increases the odds of a purchase. If the had blown £12m on Jota then you could have forgotten about another major purchase.

So I think the Afobe deal may well be on, maybe they are going to splash the cash on him. Even if its £10m I don't see the problem, you would be more or less guaranteed to get that cash back from an ambitious championship team next season if he does not work out. Given our habit of keeping clean sheets if he came in and got you 8 goals, that pretty much 5 or 6 wins.

R

reanswolf

Would spending £10m on Afobe (or another) potentially put us in breach of FFP?

D

Deleted member 5242

Would spending £10m on Afobe (or another) potentially put us in breach of FFP?

Depends on the length of his contract and payment terms, highly doubtful unless we pay 20m and put him on a 200k p/w contract for 12 months

Jez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not sure anyone will come in?

Doherty cover- Ryan Bennett. Did fine against Man City
Bonatini cover - Diogo Costa or Cav can play there.

Jordan Graham is like a new signing....

Think we should keep our bank balance topped up then throw the kitchen sink at it in the summer and next January ......

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Eddie Howe is full of ****. Afobe will be ours by 11pm tomorrow night. Given we bid £10m for the striker at PSV on deadline day in August, FFP isn't a problem at the moment.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might not be a first team player. But we will sign sombody

Back
Top Bottom