Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

22/23 season ticket prices

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do sympathise with anyone finding funds dwindling and prices going stratospheric , and realise companies and clubs will inevitably be first in the firing line, but looking at the huge problems in their widest sense I have not read anywhere of the playing fraternity making genuine cuts in their incredible salaries and funnelling the savings back into a fund for easing the charges on supporters (ST's, kit etc etc).
A point well made on a morning where I read that PSG want to offer Mbappe £50m Euros per year!

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know at least 5 that's on the waiting list,and have no interest in getting a season ticket.We had this conversation in bohs wen we played the gap team.They said they can watch every game live on tv.So no need to fork out 100s of £s.All Wolverhampton lads who drink in town on Match days and visit a pub out of town to watch the match.Works for them so who am I to argue with them.Not for me at the moment,but could think about it if Fosun try and rip me off.:mad:
Interesting. Can't quite understand why they would do that. We might all change our minds if Fosun do something idiotic on prices.

R

reanswolf

I hope the damage of this seasons price-rise and the mistrust planted into fans mind by the open-to-interpret "trust us" message that wasn't followed up by strengthening doesn't profoundly affect next seasons ST sales.

Of course if we do strengthen this season, enthusiasm maybe be reinvigorated.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club love quoting the one pack mantra at us and in fairness to them they did a hell of a lot for the local community throughout the pandemic

Would be fantastic if they could extend this out further by freezing ticket prices this year. The goodwill this would bring to Fosun is immeasurable

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope the damage of this seasons price-rise and the mistrust planted into fans mind by the open-to-interpret "trust us" message that wasn't followed up by strengthening doesn't profoundly affect next seasons ST sales.

Of course if we do strengthen this season, enthusiasm maybe be reinvigorated.
Was the 'trust us' message aimed at signings or was it 'trust us' we will have a better season than the year before .....as a lot were saying we wouldn't....

R

reanswolf

Was the 'trust us' message aimed at signings or was it 'trust us' we will have a better season than the year before .....as a lot were saying we wouldn't....
Absolutely, it was open to interpretation.
I think the team has done wonderfully well considering the lack of strengthening, though last season was our worst of recent years and so possibly easier to better.
And you are right, finishing 8th in the premier League is not to be sniffed at, but nevertheless, it does feel that things have been allowed to stagnate somewhat rather than progress. But again they may have been hindered by the FFP.

Still hated the totally unnecessarily steep ST price rise last season, just about the only club in English football to do so after the pandemic.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do sympathise with anyone finding funds dwindling and prices going stratospheric , and realise companies and clubs will inevitably be first in the firing line, but looking at the huge problems in their widest sense I have not read anywhere of the playing fraternity making genuine cuts in their incredible salaries and funnelling the savings back into a fund for easing the charges on supporters (ST's, kit etc etc).
Yet fans are also fast to complain that clubs lack ambition if they don't push the boat out in the playing staff department. They really can't win.... Look at some of the dross that Jizz's refusal to paying the going rate resulted in.

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
The fact that they haven't announced anything yet must be indicative that there's an increase coming. I can only assume that the announcement is being held off so it doesn't affect the atmosphere at home games. The argument that they're not announcing prices due to uncertainty over European qualification doesn't hold any water. Season ticket prices should be based on 19 Premier League matches, euro games, like cup games are always purchased on game by game basis.

R

reanswolf

Yet fans are also fast to complain that clubs lack ambition if they don't push the boat out in the playing staff department. They really can't win.... Look at some of the dross that Jizz's refusal to paying the going rate resulted in.

Yes but they increased ST prices on the back of a pandemic and didn’t really strengthen.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I do agree, they (clubs) are between the devil and the deep on this one. But, possibly by airing the subject rather than supporting some of the ridiculous wages, fans could influence a trend that is already too over the top by many a mile imho.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see membership for next year is out £38 for new members, £35 for existing. What level of increase is that as it’s likely to be the same for Season Ticket Holders.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I see membership for next year is out £38 for new members, £35 for existing. What level of increase is that as it’s likely to be the same for Season Ticket Holders.
Think it was 30 for this current season but ny memory is terrible

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it was 30 for this current season but ny memory is terrible
If that’s true that’s a 16% increase for existing members or 26% increase for new Members. Translated to season tickets that means the SB would be between 720 and 780 based on last years new season ticket holder prices. That seems a bit steep.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see the clubs strategy on this, as purely morbid curiosity as someone it doesn't affect anymore.

Gut feeling, that the delay has been this long and how Fosun are operating Wolves, then an increase seems the plausible explanation and they're trying to run it down to the clock in order to let the anger rest over the summer. The waters were tested and the fans still flocked in, so they know that increases will still result in a full stadium.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Plus £3 P&P so it's really £41 for new members and £38 for renewing. And I expect people to be charged for Membership Plus this season following this message from the OS below:

Membership Plus

Following a successful trial season, and positive feedback from the ticketing focus group and other supporters, Membership Plus will remain in place for the 2022/23 season.

Full details will be emailed to eligible supporters following the end of the season, and after the calculation of loyalty points.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If that’s true that’s a 16% increase for existing members or 26% increase for new Members. Translated to season tickets that means the SB would be between 720 and 780 based on last years new season ticket holder prices. That seems a bit steep.

Very steep indeed.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dread to think what the ticket prices will be next season.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Close to £1000 in Billy Wright Upper. I understand the impact of inflation etc on the club but the danger is that in covering their costs they’ll price out a lot of fans which will actually reduce the income - a vicious circle.

We’ll see what happens but I’d be surprised if they make any difficult announcements until after the last home game. You don’t want 30k voicing their disapproval in person.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
£41 for a membership seems extortionate. Essentially the price of one ticket. Didnt they used to be about £20? 100% increase in recent years isnt in line with (even todays) inflation rate.

I still think ticket prices will be roughly the same though. Cant see them getting much higher otherwise people will turn away.

My advice to anyone who is really struggling to see if its worth it, if youre not bothered about being on the season ticket waiting list, dont bother getting one. Keep your eye out for returns and plenty of games get down to general sale. I will have been to about 8 games this season by the end and havent renewed my membership since the lockdown started. You just dont get to see Man Utd or Liverpool which obviously nobody is bothered about because "they just want to watch wolves but tickets arent available" :tonguewink:

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll let someone else fund Vinnie’s Stone Island

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well because I've cancelled my Amazon obligations of about £35 a month.Hopefully that covers any increase on my season ticket.Amazon really have done me one big favour.All for a miserly quid extra they wanted from me.And if thousands more followed my stance,perhaps they wouldn't put prices up where there was really no ****ing need.:mad: Am ya listening wolves.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well because I've cancelled my Amazon obligations of about £35 a month.Hopefully that covers any increase on my season ticket.Amazon really have done me one big favour.All for a miserly quid extra they wanted from me.And if thousands more followed my stance,perhaps they wouldn't put prices up where there was really no ****ing need.:mad: Am ya listening wolves.
Glad you got that sorted mate.

Reaction score

Full price this season=£35 +P&P
New season =£38 + P&P
So 9% increase for anyone not renewing by the stated respective deadlines (regardless of whether they are truly a 'new' member or not)

The deadline is a lot earlier than last year, i don't know what they are do desperate to get members locked in early this time?

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A 15% increase would take the South Bank up to just shy of £640 with the booking fee.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sorry call me fickle but if they increase again, I for one shall seriously have to think about it.
I love going, it's the only time me and my family and mates really get together but I'm with you, there will become a point when I have to strongly consider packing it in.

It's not the fact the prices are rising (although we don't know they are), I want to see the money going on the team with the right acusitions brought in to help Bruno. The last few windows I haven't seen it.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m guessing they’re waiting to see what prices other clubs put out?? It’s still very late this season

R

reanswolf

I love going, it's the only time me and my family and mates really get together but I'm with you, there will become a point when I have to strongly consider packing it in.

It's not the fact the prices are rising (although we don't know they are), I want to see the money going on the team with the right acusitions brought in to help Bruno. The last few windows I haven't seen it.
Feel exactly the same, but I would still go up town for the social aspect and still pick games (you can get tickets).
But I have always hated it when you have that feel of being taken for granted. To literally be the only club in Britain to increase ST prices on the back of a pandemic leaves an extremely sour taste, one I shall never forget. But will still probably renew for the same reasons, but this season with the transfer inactivity has literally been a write-off and mostly a boring waste. The lads have done extremely well considering. I don't mean to sound anti-Fosun, because I am so grateful for what they have done at Wolves, but then as always some one comes along and does their best to ruin things.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sorry call me fickle but if they increase again, I for one shall seriously have to think about it.

Hardly fickle. With everything that's happened over the last couple years and what's ahead of people now, I think there's plenty more in the same boat as you.

I've always had a figure in my head where I'd unfortunately need to give it up. Feels like it's getting closer to that figure, so some serious thinking ahead.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yow ay fickle Nick,there's plenty I know of who are in the same boat.Especially with the cost of living expenses gewing through the roof.Work this ****er out.I've just had a raise on my works pension.88 ****ing pence a wik.Probably get a spoon full of ale for that. :oops:

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Full price this season=£35 +P&P
New season =£38 + P&P
So 9% increase for anyone not renewing by the stated respective deadlines (regardless of whether they are truly a 'new' member or not)

The deadline is a lot earlier than last year, i don't know what they are do desperate to get members locked in early this time?
9% would still make a South Bank Season ticket £678 based on the cost of new season tickets last year (£622) so a minimum of £120 increase for those 19/20 season ticket holders prior to any credit they received and ticket cash etc.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see the clubs strategy on this, as purely morbid curiosity as someone it doesn't affect anymore.

Gut feeling, that the delay has been this long and how Fosun are operating Wolves, then an increase seems the plausible explanation and they're trying to run it down to the clock in order to let the anger rest over the summer. The waters were tested and the fans still flocked in, so they know that increases will still result in a full stadium.
That is very cynical!

Back
Top Bottom