Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

22/23 season ticket prices

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe waiting to see if we qualify for Europe, probably have 2 figures in mind, 1 if we qualify we pay more for the pleasure of getting european games, 2nd figure will be if we dont get any european games.

bilstonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Maybe waiting to see if we qualify for Europe, probably have 2 figures in mind, 1 if we qualify we pay more for the pleasure of getting european games, 2nd figure will be if we dont get any european games.
Wouldn't we enter at the play off stage of the Europa conference? If so, the club couldn't guarantee Europe until late August.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Be interesting to see how many people are up for renewing and how many will wait to see the price first.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After 50+ years of support it would be easy to not renew but with about 10,000 on the waiting list I know I would never get another one
Exactly this.

You would like to think that there would be some degree of a tiered loyalty/reward scheme for those that have a commendable ST record such as yourself.
Sadly I suspect their attitude is that if you don't renew as an existing ST holder, then they can at least get an increased revenue that they charge a new ST applicant.

Dragonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Exactly this.

You would like to think that there would be some degree of a tiered loyalty/reward scheme for those that have a commendable ST record such as yourself.
Sadly I suspect their attitude is that if you don't renew as an existing ST holder, then they can at least get an increased revenue that they charge a new ST applicant.
Especially if there a few 65 year old like me due to get a reduction

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I seriously hope the club look after the fans this year as the numbers falling into fuel poverty over the next few months is going to be horrific

Wouldn't hold your breath mate.

Even a freeze will price some out. I'm on the verge of such myself. Travel down from Cumbria now and the travel cost alone is 60 odd quid.

I expect a slight rise to accumulate a couple of measly million that will achieve nothing other than preventing a percentage from being able to continue attending. And in a few years time when the atmosphere is turgid, they'll be scratching their head as to why.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think you’ll see many clubs putting prices up owing to the wider climate but as we know that didn’t bother Wolves last time, so if they think they can do it and get away with it they will.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I don’t think you’ll see many clubs putting prices up owing to the wider climate but as we know that didn’t bother Wolves last time, so if they think they can do it and get away with it they will.
Indeed. They need to remember that a lot of people (well me at least) renewed at sensible prices with a hefty refund last time. I've got £340 in mind but that might be wrong. Anything north of £500 would feel like a massive jump.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can only speculate at this stage, but I can’t help but feel a big price jump is coming. The cost differential of new STH last year vs renewing was so vast, it all points to a big hike this summer to at least the cost new STH paid last time out.

I just don’t see how they can say those that had an ST before 2021 will pay X, those that got a new ST in 2021 will pay Y, and anyone starting in 2022 will pay Z.

I think all renewals will be at least what the newcomers paid last season. Will leave a bitter taste in the mouth though if that’s how the club choose to proceed, they certainly can’t argue the football has improved vastly.

Last edited:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big, big decision for long distance ST holders. Can't book trains so early to get decent deals as ko days and times change; petrol prices through the roof. More night games mean more hotel stays. I think those on the WL will be in for an early Xmas, if they can afford to go?!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can only speculate at this stage, but I can’t help but feel a big price jump is coming. The cost differential of new STH last year vs renewing was so vast, it all points to a big hike this summer to at least the cost new STH paid last time out.

I just don’t see how they can say those that had an ST before 2021 will pay X, those that got a new ST in 2021 will pay Y, and anyone starting in 2022 will pay Z.

I think all renewals will be at least what the newcomers paid last season. Will leave a bitter taste in the mouth though if that’s how the club choose to proceed, they certainly can’t argue the football has improved vastly.
We are all expecting it to go up, how much?? Who knows, any higher than £50 people will be complaining. We have never been an affluent city. Many folks don’t have 10k stashed under the bed.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After 50+ years of support it would be easy to not renew but with about 10,000 on the waiting list I know I would never get another one

I know at least 5 that's on the waiting list,and have no interest in getting a season ticket.We had this conversation in bohs wen we played the gap team.They said they can watch every game live on tv.So no need to fork out 100s of £s.All Wolverhampton lads who drink in town on Match days and visit a pub out of town to watch the match.Works for them so who am I to argue with them.Not for me at the moment,but could think about it if Fosun try and rip me off.:mad:

19th Holer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no way that there is 10,000 on the waiting list and many existing STH are questioning whether to renew, see The Wolves Forum vote thread for details.
They've done nothing to improve the ground facilities, done very little to improve the squad and kick off times get changed at short notice.
I think the 'captive audience' thinking is running its course and together with the likely departure of some of our favourite players and the rise in the cost of living I think any price increase would be extremely unwise at this time.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no way that there is 10,000 on the waiting list and many existing STH are questioning whether to renew, see The Wolves Forum vote thread for details.
They've done nothing to improve the ground facilities, done very little to improve the squad and kick off times get changed at short notice.
I think the 'captive audience' thinking is running its course and together with the likely departure of some of our favourite players and the rise in the cost of living I think any price increase would be extremely unwise at this time.
That’s it . With the fixtures being moved it means you can miss 5-10 games and wolves refund 50% policy is complete garbage

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know at least 5 that's on the waiting list,and have no interest in getting a season ticket.We had this conversation in bohs wen we played the gap team.They said they can watch every game live on tv.So no need to fork out 100s of £s.All Wolverhampton lads who drink in town on Match days and visit a pub out of town to watch the match.Works for them so who am I to argue with them.Not for me at the moment,but could think about it if Fosun try and rip me off.:mad:
Why would anyone go to the effort of joining the list with no intention of ever getting a ticket? Not calling you a liar obviously, it just baffles my brains.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Why would anyone go to the effort of joining the list with no intention of ever getting a ticket? Not calling you a liar obviously, it just baffles my brains.
Perhaps some fans join the season ticket waiting list, to make a decision to buy or not buy when it comes to their turn, depending on current circumstances.

19th Holer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How old is the quote that there are 10,000 on the waiting list ? I certainly haven't seen anyone from the club state that for a long time.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you’re a member joining the waiting list is just a case of pressing a button!
I’m on the list but wouldn’t be able to take a ticket in the near future. Just got on list in case circumstances are different in a couple of years time,
(Bit like a 15 year old with no girlfriend buying a condom!)

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There will undoubtedly be people on the waiting list that don't want a season ticket, just for the simple reason that you are automatically added to the waiting list if you are a Member.

It all depends how many games you plan on going to.

Based on this season's prices, I think the break-even point is you'd have to go to 15 of the 19 home games for a season ticket to be more cost-efficient than the Membership route.

So any Members who can’t commit to that amount of games are unlikely to want a season ticket, as it’s neither cost efficient, nor will they use the ticket every week.

fleck1

Reaction score
Everyone has their ceiling and I'm sure any increase will start to push a few to their limit. It isn't just the ticket price, you have to factor in travel, food & drinks etc at the game. Personal circumstances are a big factor, personally its a 2 hour plus trip each way for a home game (longer if the m6 isn't kind), petrol price rising and a half day from work every midweek game is a right pain in the ****. You'd hope club owners would be compassionate about the current financial climate, but we all know that's not how big business works and they don't care if its you or someone else sat in your seat or if you've supported the club 6 months or 60 years.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have two memberships with both on the ST waiting list but I have no intention of getting STs, it's just in case my situation changes.

Memberships work for me. I rarely go to midweek games or games over the festive period so I probably attend 70% of home games. The second membership is shared between my wife, son and mates, if I go with my wife we go in the North Bank otherwise I go in the South Bank. STs wouldn't give me this flexibility.

Wenlock Wolf

Reaction score
It's got to be announced anytime now I'd have thought. Last season was kinder as it was offset by the credit from the Covid affected season subsequent credit.
Although it would be fantastic if the club reduced prices to reflect the horrendous energy increases (never mind the inadequate stadium facilities) but I very much doubt that will come in to play, and I'd expect an increase of maybe 5% across the board.

I will renew, somehow whatever my financial circumstances may be that year I seem to find the money.

COYW!!

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Dunno day bother to get that far.But I do know they were on the list from about 19/20 season.Perhaps they wanted one then and dow want one now.As that answered ya question.

R

reanswolf

If they don't reduce by £100 to be a reasonable price, it will be criminal.

I think this seasons prices combined with the lack of improvement in anything including the team, has got fans questioning value for money.

I get that we are lucky compared to ALbion for instance, but I can tell you they would not pay £550 whatever division they are in.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be interesting to hear how they try to sell in/ justify any price hikes this season (IF they happen).

Will be hard to argue the football has improved significantly - personally I feel despite the great job he’s doing, the football really isn’t that much better under Lage than Nuno (if at all).

I sit in the SBU and the match day experience there is crap, not much better than QPR away in the concourse. So they can’t say ground improvements are a reason.

With the imminent departure of Traore (like him or loathe him) who is one of our ‘bigger’ name players, and god forbid the departure of Neves, and or, Moutinho, coupled with Raul’s seeming drop in performance levels, it’s going to take a hell of a lot of new signings to fill their boots adequately. And I can’t see the summer of 2018 being repeated, sadly.

I appreciate we’ve not had it this good on the field for years, however, we’ve not had it this tough financially outside of football for years either… Over to you Jeff/ Vinny, make the right call and treat the fans with respect.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think this seasons prices combined with the lack of improvement in anything including the team, has got fans questioning value for money.

I get that we are lucky compared to ALbion for instance, but I can tell you they would not pay £550 whatever division they are in.
Make ya mind up....last week you wanted an away season ticket as well.....

worc_wolf

Reaction score

You've got no chance of a reduction

Back
Top Bottom