Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

2019 Cricket world cup Thread

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably not the 2 best example there as woakes averages more with the ball then he does with the bat, let alone compare him to shamis figures but kudos on the attempt at trolling fella :D

As do most bowlers. Take your beloved Jasprit for example: 21.88 with the ball, 3.80 with the bat. :eek:

Shami: 25.82 with the ball, 9.8 with the bat.

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The low scoring close games are always far more thrilling than huge run chases

I never support England but respect and credit where it's due. Fantastic achievement to win this trophy, can't really overstate it - the press will milk it and fair enough

So Jammy though

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably not the 2 best example there as woakes averages more with the ball then he does with the bat, let alone compare him to shamis figures but kudos on the attempt at trolling fella :D
No trolling just stating fact! Woakes is a World Cup winner Shami isn’t

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
For all the build-up that was given to England’s batting strength before the tournament, their bowling has been sensational throughout.

Wonder what our attack will be for The Ashes.
Jimmy, Jofra and Stokes are shoo-ins, then I guess it’s two from Broad, Wood, Woakes, Sam Curran and Moeen.

D

Deleted member 9788

As do most bowlers. Take your beloved Jasprit for example: 21.88 with the ball, 3.80 with the bat. :eek:

Shami: 25.82 with the ball, 9.8 with the bat.

Erm jassi is a number 11, you guys have said before that woakesy is a proper batsman at number 7...

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Made my 18 year old daughter sit through every ball today (she stuck at home with me, ill).

What she thought was going to be a dire day, turned into her asking about the ashes, when it starts, why theres 2 innings and everything from why she didnt come with me to watch, when she was younger and can we get tickets to a game?

First she fell in love with Wolves, now she wants to join me for a test match.

Strange how a match like today, generates an interest.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Made my 18 year old daughter sit through every ball today (she stuck at home with me, ill).

What she thought was going to be a dire day, turned into her asking about the ashes, when it starts, why theres 2 innings and everything from why she didnt come with me to watch, when she was younger and can we get tickets to a game?

That is brilliant ! As it was a hot and humid day I had the windows open and to hear my neighbours cheering at various times today was fantastic.

D

Deleted member 9788

This really should have been on the beeb!! What a game to be a missed oppurtunity to generate interest!

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is brilliant ! As it was a hot and humid day I had the windows open and to hear my neighbours cheering at various times today was fantastic.

I love watching sport, but to attend with family makes it 100× more fun, we have 5 seasons tickets at wolves, looks like 3 of us going to cricket now.

Might start her with the 100 ball games, first peak her interest.

D

Deleted member 9788

I love watching sport, but to attend with family makes it 100× more fun, we have 5 seasons tickets at wolves, looks like 3 of us going to cricket now.

Might start her with the 100 ball games, first peak her interest.

The 100 is working on ballot apparently. I registered yesterday. Be quick if you are thinking of registering. May be better to do it in a womans name, more likely to get tickets

D

Deleted member 9788

Tbh after the T20 final, he showed balls of steel to face the playoff over.
To be fair to him he flapped a final over in the ipl this year against jaddu and santner. He had 16/17 runs to defend. Plus he flapped one last year as well. Something had to give for the poor chap

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can I just say what an excellent thread this has been throughout the tournament and credit to everyone who has been on here for that and well done to WolvesKop as he started this thread and predicted an England win !

Also credit where it is due so did PunjabiWolf ( okay at times he was like a vuvuzela an annoying drone but he added so much to this thread ! :D:D:D:D:D ) and as he calls me " Grand-dad Norman " ( bloody cheek as I am " 54 ) I would like him to know I aged 300 years today !

D

Deleted member 9788

Can I just say what an excellent thread this has been throughout the tournament and credit to everyone who has been on here for that and well done to WolvesKop as he started this thread and predicted an England win !

Also credit where it is due so did PunjabiWolf ( okay at times he was like a vuvuzela an annoying drone but he added so much to this thread ! :D:D:D:D:D ) and as he calls me " Grand-dad Norman " ( bloody cheek as I am " 54 ) I would like him to know I aged 300 years today !

Didnt you lot say the correct predictors will be given £5000 each plus complimentary box tickets at the mol? Plus surely i should get extra poimts for saying saffers will disappoint?

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

There's a good programme about the 2005 ashes on all4. She ought to watch

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Carlsberg made cricket matches.......
Just about to watch it all again via the highlights on C4. I am going to be a little calmer this time around.

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Turns out England’s Irishman,Caribbean,New Zealander and other nationalities are better than New Zealand.

Beer Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I must admit I'm not a huge cricket fan these days. I do however want England to win anything, even if it's only come dancing.

When I went to bed they were 3 down and looking in trouble. I opened the BBC sports page this morning and couldn't believe what I was reading. It certainly sounded like a game for the ages.

Well done England and Woakes.

W

WasStefan

Turns out England’s Irishman,Caribbean,New Zealander and other nationalities are better than New Zealand.
New Zealand been here since he was 4. He's English. Irishman and Caribbean fair enough. But they wear the England shirt and that is good enough for me.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got bored? are you kidding?
Honestly Yes!! I guess at that point I just didn't get Englands strategy to play for a draw and then when they think it's all over knock em for 6. Anyway enjoyed my pathetic attempt at football and watched the rest with all the non action bits sped up. It only took half the time! I'm am now a cricket expert and will jump on the bandwagon with all the others for 24 hours at least before forgeting all about it.

W

WasStefan

Honestly Yes!! I guess at that point I just didn't get Englands strategy to play for a draw and then when they think it's all over knock em for 6. Anyway enjoyed my pathetic attempt at football and watched the rest with all the non action bits sped up. It only took half the time! I'm am now a cricket expert and will jump on the bandwagon with all the others for 24 hours at least before forgeting all about it.
Its impossible (well 99.999%) to play for a draw? and why would you??

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its impossible (well 99.999%) to play for a draw? and why would you??
Sorry my little joke, they just didn't seem to be clocking up the runs necessary mid innings. What you said about the averages rising later on due to the conditions came through in the end though.

W

WasStefan

Sorry my little joke, they just didn't seem to be clocking up the runs necessary mid innings. What you said about the averages rising later on due to the conditions came through in the end though.
Just the way it is. Batsmen get a move on as well as all the other factors mentioned, and it just so happens the two England had at the crease towards the end have above average strike rates helping speed up the runs

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m old enough to have seen Basil D’Oliveira play for Worcestershire seconds whilst he was qualifying, but today’s game is the best I’ve seen. New Zealand deserved to win I guess but showed amazing sportsmanship in defeat; the victory goes to England but the real glory belongs to the Black Caps.

Anyone who says cricket is boring can shut up NOW!
Cricket is boring unless a game is close. Todays game was closer than close. A phenomenal match up. Best game of cricket there's ever been.

Y

Yout85

Great game, been in and out of it today but managed to watch the end. Never liked cricket and probably won't from now on but today England I was hooked! Deserved the win just about I think.

I was the same pre-2005 Ashes... had never watched a game and didn't think I ever would. Happened to be on holiday and in a pub while they were showing the 1st test.... I was immediately hooked and have loved the game ever since.

Today was special. Even more so than that series 14 years ago.

That's what all sports are about... that special moment. Today was more dramatic than Utd in '99.... Or Agueroooooooooooo and his last minute league clincher. Stick with it Jade.... there will be more moments like this to come.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But noones claiming for hardik to be be better than woakesy.. fancy comparing shami and woakesy figures :D:kissingheart:

I know. Fortunately it is a team game of which, wickets are only one part of a bowlers job. As evidenced by one having a World Cup winners medal today.

The other has been stranded in England for 4 days after being knocked out, because the Liverpool of cricket only booked flights for after the final; such was their certainty of making it. :D

D

Deleted member 9788

I know. Fortunately it is a team game of which, wickets are only one part of a bowlers job. As evidenced by one having a World Cup winners medal today.

The other has been stranded in England for 4 days after being knocked out, because the Liverpool of cricket only booked flights for after the final; such was their certainty of making it. :D

Liverpool of cricket we are, relying on past glories with fans that represent with passion in their 1000s. So yes India are liverpool... however better than being man city with no homegrown players and having to buy the cup with the whole world in your team :D:D

THE FIRST TIME 'ENGLAND' WIN THE CUP, ITS AN IRISHMAN THAT LIFTS IT FIRST :D:D:D

D

Deleted member 9788

On a side note, thoughts on kane williamson getting pott? As well as he played/captained i do think shakib can feel hard done by.

Back
Top Bottom