Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

2019 Cricket world cup Thread

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joffra just love you to bits.
Buttler - what a great run out.
The scenes are unbelievable.

Last edited:

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had visions of that T20 final last over from Stokes, holy moly.

D

Deleted member 9788

Well done england. Congratulations to you all. Please dont take offence from what i have been saying, its all been joking around and banter between rival teams. Nothing anti English of the sort. If i did offend anyone i do wholeheartedly apologise. Amazing game. Best ever final for me

2 things

1) i think stokesy has made up for 2016 this world cup.

2) you jammy gits!! :D:p

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done england. Congratulations to you all. Please dont take offence from what i have been saying, its all been joking around and banter between rival teams. Nothing anti English of the sort. If i did offend anyone i do wholeheartedly apologise. Amazing game. Best ever final for me

2 things

You didn't offend me old fruit. Someone who loves cricket and loves their country is alright in my book.

PulverWolf

Reaction score
Awesome game probably as good as the Beefy Test V the Aussies -condensed into a single day- Crowd were immense -i was worried about our record at Lords but the crowd cheered every single like a four- of course a few pints always help but never seen the Lords members so animated . Great job lads you were not going to beaten.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

2 things

I wonder if those overthrows will see a change in the rules if it hits the batsmen or his bat.

Completely unintended and Stokes held his hands up and didn’t run; but there isn’t a lot you can do if it goes for four.

D

Deleted member 9788

I wonder if those overthrows will see a change in the rules if it hits the batsmen or his bat.

Completely unintended and Stokes held his hands up and didn’t run; but there isn’t a lot you can do if it goes for four.

Indian culture is very much about superstition, karma etc (annoyingly at times). It was so obvious today it was written for you lot to win!

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you imagine the pressure that all of the players were under at the end?
Just hope that Guptill recovers in time to stick it up the Bears on Friday.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Deserved player of the tournament for Williamson. Not just his batting but his captaincy has been exceptional. Best captain in the tournament.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indian culture is very much about superstition, karma etc (annoyingly at times). It was so obvious today it was written for you lot to win!
I’m old enough to have seen Basil D’Oliveira play for Worcestershire seconds whilst he was qualifying, but today’s game is the best I’ve seen. New Zealand deserved to win I guess but showed amazing sportsmanship in defeat; the victory goes to England but the real glory belongs to the Black Caps.

Anyone who says cricket is boring can shut up NOW!

D

Deleted member 9788

I’m old enough to have seen Basil D’Oliveira play for Worcestershire seconds whilst he was qualifying, but today’s game is the best I’ve seen. New Zealand deserved to win I guess but showed amazing sportsmanship in defeat; the victory goes to England but the real glory belongs to the Black Caps.

Anyone who says cricket is boring can shut up NOW!

I thought this was supposed to be on channel 4??!!!

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a match that was, Panesar's prediction of "just a nice day out for NZ that's all" has been shown up slightly for over-optimism at it's finest.

D

Deleted member 4456

I don't even like cricket and I thought it was an incredible ending.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got bored at 160 so paused it and went to park for kick about with the lad. Just caught up. Not bad. Well done England, got the run of the ball for once.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was at my mates with his family, even the non cricket fans loved it, happy birthday Bella, England are world champions on her birthday

Not bad for the second best attack in the tournament, I hope Woakes goes to sleep dreaming of Shami as he’s obviously so inferior to him, though the winners medal may help :rolleyes:

WolvesKop

Reaction score
What a final indeed Congrats England and their supporters. Hope this helps cricket grow in this country. anyhow in 4 years time, we will be coming for yah England

D

Deleted member 9788

Was at my mates with his family, even the non cricket fans loved it, happy birthday Bella, England are world champions on her birthday

Not bad for the second best attack in the tournament, I hope Woakes goes to sleep dreaming of Shami as he’s obviously so inferior to him, though the winners medal may help :rolleyes:

Probably not the 2 best example there as woakes averages more with the ball then he does with the bat, let alone compare him to shamis figures but kudos on the attempt at trolling fella :D

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I genuinely think that was the best one day game I've ever watched. Bit of everything in there. Great play by both teams. A great pitch with a bit for everyone. Not a flat track where everyone is chasing a ridiculous score.
Drama, controversy ( was such bad luck/good luck the 4 added runs, and agree with who said they'll change he rules, and probably rightly). And the game decided, after 50 overs and the super over, on boundaries hit......
Was just brilliant, as I think most of the tournament has been

Now bring on the ashes!!!

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
excellent, went to bed at 11pm when NZ reached 180, woke up at 4.30am with England needing 2 off 1 ball. Couldn't have timed that better, glad i watched it.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a superb game of cricket played by two teams who played it in the right spirit. Congratulations to England, but New Zealand must be distraught. Those four overthrows cost them the game, and it is strange how the rules allow that to happen.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
The greatest and most dramatic ending to a game ever.

Still not quite sure how we won it. Boult not realising just how close he was to the boundary when taking that catch. The second ‘six’ off Stokes bat. Then the pressure on Archer, Roy and Buttler off the final ball. Unreal.

Thoroughly deserved as England have been the best one day side in the world by quite a distance over the last 2-3 years.

Special mention to Williamson and the Kiwis though. Top team and genuine class acts in terms of their sportsmanship and the way they approach the game.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Great game, been in and out of it today but managed to watch the end. Never liked cricket and probably won't from now on but today England I was hooked! Deserved the win just about I think.

Back
Top Bottom