Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

107.7 the wolf

• Thread starter Deleted member 13084sr
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13084sr

anybody remember the wolf? 107.7, commentary followed by the phone in, Shaped many Saturday afternoons in the 90's waiting for central goals extra to come on. phone in would be be lively after defeats at places like the Manor or County ground which was common. remember some doom and gloom merchant caller called roger always on. sure the was a Wolves tv channel aswell for a while, kept asking tony daley on the side of the pitch how much longer he reckons hes gonna be out for, think it was an hour here or there on live TV, the home of topless darts

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Roger from Wolverhampton was the first person I thought of when I read the thread title. He was a miserable sod. We could have a big win and he'd find something to moan about. I like to think his heart was in the right place. His mind was somewhere else though.

I remember the Wolves show on Live TV. I don't remember the topless darts though.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I remember Bill Staite from Wombourne and Michael from Preston ringing in each week .
Bill Hatton and Pete Moody were the commentators .I used to work with Pete back in the day.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember Bill Staite from Wombourne and Michael from Preston ringing in each week .
Bill Hatton and Pete Moody were the commentators .I used to work with Pete back in the day.

Bill Hatton lived next door to my Uncle

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who was the useless commentator that replaced them years later.....George Andrews? And Dave Rowe? My god, Andrews was horrific, not breaking the cringe-o-meter like Mikey Burrows but still pretty awful - 'and the ball goes spinning away....' then silence....thanks George.

Last edited:

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Roger from Wolverhampton was the first person I thought of when I read the thread title. He was a miserable sod. We could have a big win and he'd find something to moan about. I like to think his heart was in the right place. His mind was somewhere else though.

I remember the Wolves show on Live TV. I don't remember the topless darts though.
He's probably one of the big hitters on here!

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These guys were great. Much better than the current encumbants. As much as I loved Thommo as a player, he brings me right down as a commentator.

Egga

Groupie
Reaction score
I go to pretty much every game so didn’t listen to radio commentary very often. One game, Brighton away at the Withdean I couldn’t get tickets so listened on the Radio. I don’t remember who was commentating but it went something like this. Great save from Murray how did he save that? Oh he didn’t it’s gone in. Never listened again

Torbay Wolf

Reaction score
Bill and Pete started their commentary 'career' back in 1990-91 on Radio Wulfrun, the hospital radio station serving New Cross, the Royal and the old Eye Infirmary. Occasionally, I would help out too, either at the ground or as the station link in a studio above the Medical Records department in one of the really old buildings on the New Cross site. Happy days.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coincidence that the thread start time is 606? :)

MelbourneWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Remember listening to matches in the middle of the night on The Wolf when the internet became a thing. Even got a shout out when I emailed in in after the play off final. I was a bit pumped up

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Coincidence that the thread start time is 606? :)
Maybe it’s some kind of Countdown Conundrum- 107 + 606 x the amount of Scott Sellars rants on here divided by the number of players we are about to sign = 1877

It’s all a conspiracy I tell ya!

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve never heard Bill & Petes commentary of the play off final in 2003 as I was there but apparently it was superb.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn't Robbie Dennison on co comms during the early 00s? I remember the commentators being very biased and a lot of "come on Wolves!" whenever we scored :D
Yeah they used to have him on quite often.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was this the same one still running in the early 00s?

There was a chap off here who used to ring up and introduce himself as “Dr Cool off the Molineux Mix”.

Wonder if he still posts on here

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember the wolf then became signal radioI think going back further in time
Beacon radios goal klaxon. No live comms back then just goal updates

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe it’s some kind of Countdown Conundrum- 107 + 606 x the amount of Scott Sellars rants on here divided by the number of players we are about to sign = 1877

It’s all a conspiracy I tell ya!
You can’t divide by 0

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the late1970's Beacon used to play a rock track every time we scored, may have been Judas Priest, anyone remember?

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who was the useless commentator that replaced them years later.....George Andrews? And Dave Rowe? My god, Andrews was horrific, not breaking the cringe-o-meter like Mikey Burrows but still pretty awful - 'and the ball goes spinning away....' then silence....thanks George.
Nowt wrong with Mikey Burrows.

W

WasStefan

107.7, recently Signal 107.7 although it may have changed again. 107.7 had the radio rights the League 1 season if i’m not mistaken, probably still the same management/ staff as back then. I remember the wolf days well, used to listen all the time, was the 03/04 Leicester 4-3 on that station? cant quite remember

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
.....except he somehow manages to ruin rare Raul goals with his cringefest shouting repetition of 'Raul Jimenez, Raul Jimenez, Raul Jimenez, Raul Jimenez, would you believe it, the Mexican sensation' *yawn*

Different folks and all that but I'd sooner listen to nails down a blackboard accompanying a Wolves goal

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
.....except he somehow manages to ruin rare Raul goals with his cringefest shouting repetition of 'Raul Jimenez, Raul Jimenez, Raul Jimenez, Raul Jimenez, would you believe it, the Mexican sensation' *yawn*

Different folks and all that but I'd sooner listen to nails down a blackboard accompanying a Wolves goal
Wow, you’re a tough crowd… :tearsofjoy:

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Seems a lovely bloke and passionate about Wolves. BUT……

I can’t stand the fact he has to say everything in threes. “It’s Pedro Neto, Pedro Neto, Pedro Neto. Would you believe it, would you believe it, would you believe it. It’s sensational, it’s remarkable, it’s incredible”. It’s almost like he can’t think of any words to say, so just repeats himself. Frustrating.

And I go to most games so only have to put up with it on the highlights reel!

As for the “The Mexican sensation” line…

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Beat me to it…

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems a lovely bloke and passionate about Wolves. BUT……

I can’t stand the fact he has to say everything in threes. “It’s Pedro Neto, Pedro Neto, Pedro Neto. Would you believe it, would you believe it, would you believe it. It’s sensational, it’s remarkable, it’s incredible”. It’s almost like he can’t think of any words to say, so just repeats himself. Frustrating.

And I go to most games so only have to put up with it on the highlights reel!

As for the “The Mexican sensation” line…
'The boy wonder'...bore off Mikey.

So glad the club now put out reels without his regurgitated ****e spoiling them as well.

Back
Top Bottom