Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

£14.95 for Non-TV Premier League Game Streams

Whirligig Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
That’s robbery. Your love is being exploited. I pay the equivalent of £88 per year for every PL and CL match, plus EFL and EL too. And Serie A. And the NFL package.
Yes but it would be much more if you didn’t have to have the NFL.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Way I read it is if a games not selected by Sky or BT etc instead o them sharing those games out amongst Sky, BT, BBC and Amazon as extras (as the did during original lockdown and for this month when it was confirmed fans wouldn't be let into games) they are going to show them via some stream service where you pay £14.95 for one game!!

Bit like how the EFL are.
And they wonder why piracy is so prolific

Are the BBC showing any live games.

Having problems with the alternative.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Frankly, it's nothing short of disgusting. Taking advantage of an awful situation to vulture in money and play on people's commitment during a time where most are already struggling financially.

Had a £5 per match price been set, well over 3x as many people would buy the subscription any way to those that will now just be forced to stream elsewhere. More money would be accumulated, and fans would not have to shell out in difficult times. Never works like that though does it. Greed ALWAYS prevails over common decency or sense.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The price point seems a tad high. It's one of those things. I doubt I'll pay for it.

I don't see why fans elsewhere on the internet are calling the Premier League corrupt. They are selling something they own.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disgraceful. This has to change.

each club should stream their own matches - 50 quid for the season

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
out of interest if matches were all priced on a per games basis or say buy 5 or buy 10 ... to stream what do people feel would be a fair price

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why aren’t the clubs doing it directly if it is going to the clubs

clearly sky and bT are taking a huge percentage the ****ers

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm also assuming that the ones that are scheduled for TV won't be available on the £14.95 per game system so if you want to watch those you'll still have to sign up for a day /month pass or other subscription on top plus some will e on BT some on sky etc. the only ones gaining out of splitting it all up like this are Sky and BT

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The money is going to the clubs or did I read that wrong?

How much is a match day ticket if you could get in the ground? How much extra to get to the ground? How much if you go with your partner and kids?

Anyone who currently watches a free dodgy foreign stream will continue to do so. Anyone who goes to the pub or listens to it locally on WM, will continue to do so. Nobody is obliged to pay for it, or for every game.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a bit like a fishy quim slapping you square in the face. It's good that it's there and all that but they've not made it as palatable as it could have been.

I agree that this will perpetuate the unofficial ways to consume such content.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't see the problem so long as something is getting passed down to the lower leagues.
I bet it isn’t!
All clubs should sell live streams - The Carabao cup stoke game was crap coverage for a tenner but if every club did that for a fiver they might all survive.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watch a perfectly good stream which I pay for each month but am not allowed to say the name as I'll be banned. I see Mutchy's rule on streams is now 15 months old and was made well before covid. I wonder, seeing as we fans are being royally ripped off, and live watching is still many months away, whether the Mix streaming rules will now be relaxed? It would benefit all on here if we could pass on this information.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Voted in 19-1 by the clubs. Only Leicester opposed.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WBA v Burnley, Monday 19th October, 5.30 ko and available for £15. Jesus Christ.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I watch a perfectly good stream which I pay for each month but am not allowed to say the name as I'll be banned. I see Mutchy's rule on streams is now 15 months old and was made well before covid. I wonder, seeing as we fans are being royally ripped off, and live watching is still many months away, whether the Mix streaming rules will now be relaxed? It would benefit all on here if we could pass on this information.

No. The situation is crap, but we still can't/won't facilitate illegal ways to watch charged matches without paying for them.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope 5 million people in China sign up to our games. That would be a lot of wonga.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a bit like a fishy quim slapping you square in the face. It's good that it's there and all that but they've not made it as palatable as it could have been.

I agree that this will perpetuate the unofficial ways to consume such content.
I was going to have a fish supper this evening but I don't know why I think I may opt for a pie now ..

W

wanderer24

I’m shocked. I presume they have done some supply and demand research to see what the optimum price is. I would have assumed like many that they would sell far more at a lower price.
But then again I’d assume the same with the ridiculous charges for watching boxing, yet they still charge between £20-30 an event, when surely they would sell ten fold at a lower price.

for me, it’s the same for both. It’s too pricey. £25 a month for now tv is a stretch for me but you get multiple games, cricket, formula one, basketball which gives value. There is zero value in £15 for two hours.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it should be that you submit card detail and they debit based on result at full time, say £20 win, £10 draw and £5 loss. No one would care about £20 if just won

Joking by the way

wolveslegend

Groupie
Reaction score
we are now officially customers, not fans who stick by them through thick and thin, so when we start slating the club/clubs we will have every right as we are now used just for our cash and will have every right to act like disgruntled customers.

Back
Top Bottom