Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

£14.95 for Non-TV Premier League Game Streams

Freeport wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I had considered listening to BBC WM but decided to pay to watch on BT. I didn't feel too confident about getting a good result. Fortunately it worked out well, thoroughly enjoyed the game and even listening to Glenn Hoddle ! Plus Steve Bull after the game.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it official have? I haven't seen anything announced

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a silly idea to begin with. Well done to fans of all clubs for boycotting it. Now is a time to help the fans, not alienate them.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
May not be for the rest of the season.....

Premier League clubs have agreed to pull the plug on the controversial pay-per-view system following weeks of outcry from fans and politicians.

A formal decision will be made next week, but the 20 shareholders are understood to be unanimous in agreeing the project is a non-starter during lockdown.

Executives at the Thursday meeting said the league remains determined to make sure that every game is made screened live, however. Talks will now begin with BT, Sky Sports and Amazon about how the extra games can be shared.

As trailed in Monday's Daily Telegraph, clubs said that a proposed £5 reduction on the £14.95 benchmark would not be enough to ease anger over the scheme.

Matches scheduled for this weekend, including West Bromwich Albion v Tottenham Hotpsur and Arsenal v Aston Villa, remain on the Sky and BT Sport Box Office, however, because some subscriptions have already been sold.

The PPV U-turn will begin from November 21 - after the international break - and last until at least the middle of January, provided the clubs can get assurances next week that every game over that period will be broadcast.

Despite Premier League chief executive Richard Masters previously suggesting the clubs did not have final approval on price, the broadcasters have maintained that PPV - and the £14.95 fee - was not of their making. The lion's share of that sum is understood to be taken by the clubs, although they are yet to decide how it will be distributed.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best thing West Brom and Burnley have ever done. Those pathetic viewing figures were made known across the world and mocked. Joking aside, their fans' joint venture in not paying to watch could not be ignored.

I think it will return next season but at a more reasonable £5 per game.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PPV is the new Chorley but with negative connotations.

In interests of fairness I was one.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The Premier League's first nine pay-per-view matches have garnered less than 100,000 viewers.​

Full credit to all who refused to play the game..
And likely drove even more fans into the welcoming arms of IPTV providers, thereby losing them millions in the long run.

How my heart bleeds.

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So will games on the 21st now be rescheduled?

Ours is currently 3pm along with several others, so I'm guessing these will move to all be shown on tv?

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All completely cancelled. Games now on all the normal channels including Amazon and bbc again.
On a side note have we played on a Saturday yet this season as the next 2 are Monday at 8 and Sunday at 7.15. (Don’t get me started on the late Sunday kick off times)

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy to see that this money grabbing scheme has failed

Football fan power is real they just don't want you to realise it

Back
Top Bottom