Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

£14.95 for Non-TV Premier League Game Streams

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to The Telegraph this afternoon, the Premier League is set to announce that games not on the box after October, will be streamed for £14.95 per fixture.

Would happily pay, but maybe a little too steep for some, with it being £33 for NOW TV’s Sky Sports Per Month and £25 for BT Sport’s Monthly Pass.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to The Telegraph this afternoon, the Premier League is set to announce that games not on the box after October, will be streamed for £14.95 per fixture.

Would happily pay, but maybe a little too steep for some, with it being £33 for NOW TV’s Sky Sports Per Month and £25 for BT Sport’s Monthly Pass.
Times reporting they'll be free via both companies apps.

£14.95 way to steep in my opinion something under £10 and I'd think about it otherwise its team stream.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Way too steep, I’d only pay that if they promised to pump some money into lower leagues, the lower leagues where so many of England’s starting line up last night have played in

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Way too steep, I’d only pay that if they promised to pump some money into lower leagues, the lower leagues where so many of England’s starting line up last night have played in
The report states all the money is going to the clubs. Apparently they 'need' it as they cope without matchday income.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A now TV sports day pass is only £9.99 which gives you 11 channels for 24 hours, so £14.95 for a single game seems steep in comparison
and you can get the mobile sports pass for £5.99 a month

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’m not sure streaming a game at half the price of an away ticket is great from the PL.

If that’s the price, unless they’re offering something for the Pubs to stream, I shall be watching it from another country, I suspect many others will too.

It’d have been a great chance for them to see how they’d be able to get on cutting out the likes of Sky/BT by offering a subscription service, La Liga TV is £5.99 a month as a comparison, for a reasonable price, especially as it won’t have the ‘big’ games from a neutral pov.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I take it all clubs will be on tv an equal amount times to make it fair? No I thought not.

What exactly do they mean by not on the box?

This is for a new PPV service with every fixture available at £15 a pop.

TV fixtures will return to pre-COVID arrangements, everything else will be behind this paywall.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s robbery. Your love is being exploited. I pay the equivalent of £88 per year for every PL and CL match, plus EFL and EL too. And Serie A. And the NFL package.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although it suggests it will be on the box just on the Sky Sports and BT box office channels, as per PPV boxing, you’ll have to cough up an extra £15 on top.

As it’s on PPV though Pubs should be able to have it on.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Way I read it is if a games not selected by Sky or BT etc instead o them sharing those games out amongst Sky, BT, BBC and Amazon as extras (as the did during original lockdown and for this month when it was confirmed fans wouldn't be let into games) they are going to show them via some stream service where you pay £14.95 for one game!!

Bit like how the EFL are.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BT & Sky have 5 picks a weekend, the other 5 will be PPV now.

Doesn't impact us in the first two weeks as Leeds (A) Newcastle (H) have already been selected by Sky.

Crystal Palace (H) on October 31 is now a PPV game and will cost us £15 to watch.

Sky & BT will then announce their November picks later this month and every game not selected automatically becomes a PPV game.

D

Deleted member 11332

That’s robbery. Your love is being exploited. I pay the equivalent of £88 per year for every PL and CL match, plus EFL and EL too. And Serie A. And the NFL package.

Pay over 100 just for NFL game pass over here.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly. Support one of the Sky six and you won’t be paying out too many £14.95s.
It will be interesting to see their approach. You will have more Man Utd fans paying than Burnley.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly. Support one of the Sky six and you won’t be paying out too many £14.95s.

I think it might be the opposite the plastics is where the money will be.

Instead of maybe 10-20k buying Burnley Vs Southampton they could easily do 100k+ for Manchester United Vs Villa. I think that's the direction they will go

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see their approach. You will have more Man Utd fans paying than Burnley.
Apparently almost all the money goes back to the PL, Sky/BT are just operating, so it'll probably for a set fee for those to broadcast the service.

If that is the case Sky/BT won't change their approach and supporters of top clubs will pay **** all extra, their clubs will continue to pick up the additional money for being a TV selected game and then take a share of the other pot paid for by supporters of other clubs where they've had no involvement.

No wonder it was a "top 6" idea if that is the case!

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone always becomes rich from a disaster.
Bet tv companies are loving this, they wouldve wanted this scenario for years.

Football will be changed forever

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone always becomes rich from a disaster.
Bet tv companies are loving this, they wouldve wanted this scenario for years.

Football will be changed forever
Its their dream come true and all the tourists thinking they support a club cuz they pay £14.95 to watch from places like Mexico and China.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry but that's a joke £14.95 per game?! So every game up to now has been made available to watch no extra charge but now all of a sudden its £14.95? Just confirms they don't give a toss about the fans just after that extra money. I certainly won't be paying at that price....

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope, my interest in football is waning these days, not gonna do PPV for footie

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently almost all the money goes back to the PL, Sky/BT are just operating, so it'll probably for a set fee for those to broadcast the service.

If that is the case Sky/BT won't change their approach and supporters of top clubs will pay **** all extra, their clubs will continue to pick up the additional money for being a TV selected game and then take a share of the other pot paid for by supporters of other clubs where they've had no involvement.

No wonder it was a "top 6" idea if that is the case!
A few different places reporting Sky/BT don't get additional money from PPV sales so looks like this is the case.

Top 6 get a payout at the expense of the supporters of other clubs.

Also apparently the PL have left it up to clubs to individually decide if they want to do anything/discount for their own supporters, so pressure will mount on the other 14 clubs, who'll regularly be on PPV, over that and will mean they'll join their own supporters in subsiding the top 6. Farcical.

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You always have radio WM for updates or full unbiased commentary
And how much do we have to pay per year for that drivel? When they used to provide the commentary for the official Wolves feed, I used to listen to the opposition commentary instead. It always sounded like we played better when not on WM.

With regards to the OP, isn't it great to see Sky & the Prem profiteering from this crisis, while the future of the lower leagues hangs in the balance. :mad:

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess they feel if they price it too low then those who currently pay for a monthly sports pas but predominantly to watch their team would switch to this as it could work out cheaper and sky etc would lose customers, on the other had if they priced in at around £6 - £7 a game they'd probably get more than twice the takers than at £14.95. Who would be running the streaming service ? I'm guessing the footage itself would come from the same companies wo provide footage for televised matches(do sky /bt send their own cameras or is it subcontracted ?)

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In October, Villa fans have to pay £45. City Everton have to pay £0.
Not strictly true is it.

Everton are on BT and Sky Sports during October so its not £0 is it both cost approx £20-£30 per month to subscribe to., and if you're including Villas 31st Oct game (which you must be to get the £45) then only fair to include Evertons 1st November (ok different month but same weekend).

So in that case Villa pay £45
Everton pay £15 + subscriptions to BT/Sky Sports which I'd think cheapest they could do for would be £9.99 for a Now TV Sky pass for that game and approx £18 for the month of BT.

Basically no one team/clubs fans is winning here only people winning are the greedy *******s at the premier league and tv companies. And when I say the Premier League yes I also include the clubs in that.

Back
Top Bottom