Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

£14.95 for Non-TV Premier League Game Streams

D

Deleted member 11332

Nonsense?! Said the guy who thinks showing the games for free will make Sky and BT far more money. If that was the case then they'd be doing it.
They wanted to carry on showing them, it's the PL who have insisted they be on PPV as they said showing them on sky and not charging sky extra for the games is damaging the value of their current rights package.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although I agree £14.95 is a bit of a ****take but the option is there if people want to watch it. We've been quite lucky as most of our games since lock down have been on the normal sky / BT package. Plus BBC showed the Burnley game. I'm a season ticket holder and average 4 or 5 aways a season as well but the away games I don't attend aren't always on TV so I generally would listen on WM so that's what I will be doing tomorrow night. Like a lot on here I can afford to pay it but it's the principle as with a lot of other fans. I fork out for sky and BT as it is. Plus the goals / highlights will be on SSN at 10pm.
If you out of the digital area that’s wm out the window, I can get wm on fm, so a stream or nothing.

And of course it might not be on Vilewm.

Warrington_Wolf

Reaction score
If you out of the digital area that’s wm out the window, I can get wm on fm, so a stream or nothing.

And of course it might not be on Vilewm.

The club put the commentary on the website for free mate, just log in and click through to the Wolves player

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That doesn't just end with football. Netflix in Turkey works out at about £2.50 a month as opposed to the £9 we pay for exactly the same service.

In Vietnam, the SIM.cards you get on arrival give you 6GB of data every day for a month (circa 180GB) for about £7 all in.

We're stupid enough to pay it - it's always been the problem.
The average salary in Vietnam is $148 per month. Swings and roundabouts.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How is this ever going to end then? Take a stand, you seem to understand it's not right, so don't pay. It's the only way we can possibly get change. Go to the pub, ask around for a stream, there are ways to watch without having to pay that.

weak people
How can people justify it by comparing it to a match day

our supporters are just customers who demand the team plays 100% every time or they have to have someone to blame

sick of it . And that’s why atmospheres are also so bad

fickle *******s

seen someone on here say they only watch wolves when we are playing well

what is wrong with people

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
weak people
How can people justify it by comparing it to a match day

our supporters are just customers who demand the team plays 100% every time or they have to have someone to blame

sick of it . And that’s why atmospheres are also so bad

fickle *******s

seen someone on here say they only watch wolves when we are playing well

what is wrong with people
As someone who followed Wolves from Div 1 to Div 4, back to the PL and down to L1 and back again l can't argue with much of your sentiment......

vini69

Reaction score
I'M NOT PAYING OWT

and I'm covered in wolves tattoes!!!

Lycaon

Reaction score
Sad to say but PPV wasn’t set up for the love of the fans, it was a cold, calculated decision to fleece and take advantage of supporters no matter where you’re allegiances lie.
Fair play to Leicester who rejected the idea, yet to hear from our owners, somewhat conspicuous by their absence on the matter!
Hope the powers that be scrap it pronto, totally mismanaged, ill-judged and a total disregard towards the common fan.

Coops

Reaction score
Can someone share me the just giving link please instead of paying the PL? Thanks.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Justgiving take a percentage of all donations - however the Wolves Fans Parliament have set up links on all their SM platforms to give to The Well, a foodbank set up by Wolves fans to support local people - or just search for The Well Wolves and theres a button to directly donate Make a Donation — The Well .
Even if you are going to watch the PPV you can still chip in, by say rounding the cost up to 20quid with a donation.

Last edited:

jeb01

Reaction score
According to the schedule, the Wolves game is on Radio 5 Live starting at 8pm

jeb01

Reaction score
Someone has already pointed out that the highlights/goals will be on Sky Sports News at 10pm, so for me it’s going to be a combination of Radio 5 Live and then SSN (if we win!)

jeb01

Reaction score
I’m fortunate enough to be able to afford to pay this but won’t be as it’s completely the wrong message to be sending at this time.

Will donate to the JustGiving link instead.
Same here.
Money well spent

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Take a stand against what though? A business charging for a service? We don't have a right to watch for low prices or free and these are games that wouldn't normally be available. We arent paying for season tickets this year so its not like double dipping. They don't have to do it at all. Given that they are, however, they need to make money. They have staff to support too.

Its tough at the moment but regardless of price there are those (thousands i would wager) who will still seek a free illegal stream. Neither Sky or BT are going to try and attract people with that mindset. They'll leave them to suffer poor quality or prosecution if caught.

I dont really want to pay 14.95 to watch but I will. Its the tier 2 restriction thats messing it up. Under rule of 6 it would be fine with a few mates or family together.
Make a stand against being ripped off!

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They don't need the revenue. It's exploiting fans. If we were in the Championship (where they charge £10 btw) then fair enough, as the money would actually be helping the club. Do you honestly think this helps the club and that's why they're doing it? Of course not. They said the transfer market would collapse and those same clubs spend over £1.2bn. It's the greed that's the problem.

Also your point about moving kick-off times is completely wrong. They don't show a 3pm Saturday game on Sky or BT. At worst, every box office should be Saturday 3pm (or Sunday 3pm if Europa League team involved). The moving the times around is designed to do exactly what you said they don't want; they're trying to get more people to buy, which is another greedy move. There's absolutely no justification for our game being Friday 8pm tomorrow.

The whole point is that it's needless greed.

If nobody bought these games what would happen?

IMO it would be one of two things;

Most likely: The prices would have been reduced to a more acceptable rate such as £5.

If not: They would make them free again like they did before or worst case they go back to normal and 3pm games aren't shown and there then would be a bigger push to let fans in and they'd agree quicker IMO.

Either way, the fans stood to win from it if we didn't pay. So whilst you and others mean well, you're helping to take the game further away from the fans than it already is. Nuno's already talking about a lost generation and a set of fans who watch from TV and don't understand what football really is and this is helping that grow.
They’re not free though are they, you already pay a subscription!

D

Deleted member 4099

Well my IPTV didn't work couldn't get the commentary working on the app only just seen the goals this morning great start to weekend .

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I watched with Croatian commentary ( had trouble with sound lag on some channels)
anyhow, from this I learned two things
1. I dont speak or understand Croatian
2. Max killman played futsal

futsal in Croatian is the same and they mentioned futsal and max several times :D:D

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched it on an IPTV somewhere, it wasn’t perfect to be honest, froze a couple of times.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would have loved to watch that on an official legitimate view tonight but was not going to pay the £14.95. Have to say got fed up to death with rebuffering, frozen play and had to find another stream at half time. If it comes down to £9.99 or lower same as a day pass I will pay because these illegals are rubbish but until then its Tinternet frustration.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I watched with Croatian commentary ( had trouble with sound lag on some channels)

futsal in Croatian is the same and they mentioned futsal and max several times :D:D
Could they spell his name correctly?!!

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would have loved to watch that on an official legitimate view tonight but was not going to pay the £14.95. Have to say got fed up to death with rebuffering, frozen play and had to find another stream at half time. If it comes down to £9.99 or lower same as a day pass I will pay because these illegals are rubbish but until then its Tinternet frustration.
I don’t see why I should pay extra when I already pay a fortune for sky, bt and amazon. In a way I’d rather it just went all PPV and then I could scrap the subs, I only watch Wolves games any way.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sounds like a sketch off the fast show

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worse than the buffering was having to listen to Andy sodding Townsend!

D

Deleted member 11332

Well my IPTV didn't work couldn't get the commentary working on the app only just seen the goals this morning great start to weekend .

Maybe you need a better sub. I've had no problems on mine for the last 3 years, I also pay for 2 one as a back up as you never know and it's still cheaper than a month of a full sky package.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Okay, enough please. The discussion is getting into where/how to watch unofficially, and needs to stop before it goes any further.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worse than the buffering was having to listen to Andy sodding Townsend!
Found an American stream last night that worked perfectly (I do pay for Sky), but jeez, thought it was the stream from CPTV at times. Especially first 20 mins of the second half.

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe you need a better sub. I've had no problems on mine for the last 3 years, I also pay for 2 one as a back up as you never know and it's still cheaper than a month of a full sky package.
Totally agree.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although it’s a bit of a rip off, I do pay for Sky and had a BT monthly pass after lockdown (haven’t renewed it, we haven’t been on enough and I’m getting bored of the diluted product it is now).

It’s just comforting knowing you can switch it on and you’ll get a good quality picture throughout rather than hoping with a stream, but even then it’s frustrating that you pay for it and it’s still lagging behind real-time (I use a Now TV stick). It puts Twitter off limits and even makes texting dodgy!

Never been keen on IPTV though, I won’t be snobby enough to say I never watch streams, I did last night, but I do find it a bit of a level above where someone is making money from copyright infringement, which is what it is. I know the free streams make it via adverts, but paying a subscription to someone stealing somebody else’s product feels a bit more wrong.

As said before, it’s the same old early 2000’s music/2010 TV platforms journey. They’d make more money by pricing it cheap enough for people to say go on then and massively increasing subscribers. Would also help them charge more for advertising if they had a bigger amount of subscriptions.

D

Deleted member 4099

I've officially given up on it now .

Back
Top Bottom