Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I missing something with the potential transfer of Yerson in the summer?
I have no issue with him if he is enjoying his football and lifestyle in Spain. If he wants to move there permanently, then so be it, but what’s with the £15m?
If they want him, we need to replace him, as he is part of our plans for next season. Good luck finding a PL defender at that price.
Said he wants out fair enough. They best pay good money for brainwashing him

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
So he’s enjoying himself in Spain, and he’s telling them he loves them. I would too if I were him.

He could come back to Wolves and tell him they want to sell him. He’s already done the self promotion.

My guess is that it’s journalists asking quite targeted questions constructed to get this type of quote.

This will be Wolves decision.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have no issue with him if he is enjoying his football and lifestyle in Spain. If he wants to move there permanently, then so be it, but what’s with the £15m?
If they want him, we need to replace him, as he is part of our plans for next season. Good luck finding a PL defender at that price.
In reality he isn't a premier league defender at the minute....as he hasn't played in the premier league.....off course he may have the potential to become one in time, nobody is saying he won't.....his current value is probably around the 10m mark......so 15m to sell is about right.....

I remember saying in January he has had a loan to a club where he may like it .....and don't be surprised if he thinks the grass might be greener......the lad will enjoy playing,....at his age is probably the right club, right league etc for him to develop than opposed to sitting on the bench or competing in the premier league.......if you looked at it from purely a football perspective you might advise him to take the opportunity at Villareal than chance it at wolves.....

It's definitely a better situation for us to be in , than we are with say Fabio, as we may get a decent fee....I was happy he went to Villareal as either way we couldn't lose with the loan.....it was better than sending him on a dead end loan to Rangers or as some wanted at the time Preston or Hull.....if he comes back great, if not so what we may get some decent funds....said in January if villareal offered us 30m for Yerson and Guedes and we can get 2 forwards then sound....

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We got Craig Dawson for less than £4m.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So he’s enjoying himself in Spain, and he’s telling them he loves them. I would too if I were him.

He could come back to Wolves and tell him they want to sell him. He’s already done the self promotion.

My guess is that it’s journalists asking quite targeted questions constructed to get this type of quote.

This will be Wolves decision.
Hopefully not the same situation as MGW & Mir where loans used to develop them then want to leave when they hit the required standards

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“I have expressed it before: I like Villarreal, LaLiga and I want to be able to continue providing what I can to the team. I know that not everything depends on me, but on my part, I leave everything open so that an agreement can be reached,” he said.

FFS.
So he wants to stay in Spain, and play for a team where he is liked, and gets to play every week, rather than sit on a bench in the West Midlands. Hard to fathom really.

Last edited:

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really surprised he wants to go Mosquera he is enjoying playing and doing well . Players will want to leave if they get European football or the options to play games .

Spain to play games or Wolverhampton to be a squad player ?. You might say he won't be a squad player . Well tell the lad we are building the back four or five around you next season.

I suppose we will make profit Guo get in there .....

Still 15 trillion away from FFP I heard last time

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i think european football is a drive plus well hes a spanish speaker either way, if yerson and guedes get sold, yerson would make us a tidy profit

Podence, guedes, mosquera etc this could all start building a kitty for one south american good prospect and if we can get a veiga or ahrias postiive

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think he says anywhere in his comments that he doesnt want to play for Wolves does he?
He says hes enjoying his time in Spain and wouldnt mind another season there,what else would he say?
He says its not up to him and it isnt, its up to Wolves
When he comes back he will have the conversation with GON and he will make the decision as it should be
Ofc we dont want players who dont want to be here, but ive read nothing that states that except for some sensationalist headlines

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think he says anywhere in his comments that he doesnt want to play for Wolves does he?
He says hes enjoying his time in Spain and wouldnt mind another season there,what else would he say?
He says its not up to him and it isnt, its up to Wolves
When he comes back he will have the conversation with GON and he will make the decision as it should be
Ofc we dont want players who dont want to be here, but ive read nothing that states that except for some sensationalist headlines
Unfortunately there are more than a few Lance Corporal Jones' on here that never get past the headline before panicking!

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rubbish. For some people the only striker 'in our league' is Che bloody Adams who despite finding some goals of late is in Premier League terms a squad filler.
If we were the only ones in for him, there shouldn't be much reason why he wouldn't come. We're bound to be able to pay him more and the Prem is arguably better than the Bundesliga.

Having said that, it's very likely a striker who has scored 25 goals with a release clause of £17.5m is going to be courted by clubs with European competitions to play in, which would blow us out of the water in all reality.

Reactions: Ian

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thats as dumb a reply as i have ever seen, comparing a possible transfer in whats basically a game to the invasion of a country. Laughable and lacks any credibility to any argument you have.

You are living in dreamland if you think we can force a player to stay just because we want him to. Its not about being defeatist as i said before, its just the way it is. You keep saying that everyone is saying that any time a bigger club than us wants our players we are going to sell. We arent. What you arent grasping is if we get a 50 million offer for Gomes from Liverpool, he's going to want to leave and we will sell him. If we get a 50 million offer for RAN from Citeh, he will want to leave. I think you get the picture here. And if it all happens to Neto and Kilman as well in the same window, we will lose all 4 in one window.

You need to accept the fact that we sign these players on the proviso that if we get a good offer from a club that can offer them more in the game ( European football for example ) that we wont stand in their way. If we start holding players here the way you want us to, no player will want to come here in the first place.
So we meekly sell all these players (four or five of whom could easily be in demand this summer) and supposedly replace them with no net effect on the quality of the team? That is truly dreamland and could easily lead to disaster. If a player is on a sufficiently long contract Wolves are still in the driving seat and can decide who, when and on what acceptable terms a player will leave. If clubs don't match an asking price, as often happens, then nothing goes ahead even if an agent is trying to pressurise a move.
Of course from time to time you take the money if it is high enough and it suits your squad plans.
What I object to is your and other people's assumptions that we will automatically sell our best players when a Man U, Liverpool or Chelsea come calling. Wolves are not so small as many of you suggest. Yes we need to trade like any club but we have an owner with deep pockets who won't want to see its investment value collapse by watering down the quality if its playing squad . Also which manager of any worth is going to hang around when his best players are being sold off willy nilly?

The assumption that players like Cunha or Ait-Nouri can be easily replaced with equal quality is laughable. Again, if Wolves are simply perceived as a bottom six 'selling club' which player of quality would ever want to join them? And why should our other better players want to hang around also with a club that demonstratively has zero ambition?
Categorising the club only as a stepping stone rather than as as a very good option in itself for any quality professional player is insulting. If any player, such as a Nunes, sees us only in this light we shouldn't touch them with a barge pole. The kind of mercenaries that destroy team spirit and morale. If we find ourselves with a worldbeater that another club is willing to pay £100m for then so be it but this should be the exception rather than the rule you suggest is inevitable always.

The club are not as helpless as you claim if they play their cards right. The problem arises when they waste £77m on three strikers who for different reasons, are useless and whose value has speedily plummeted. That is what creates the real financial pressure to sell when you don' t necessarily want to.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed that's what it read like initially, but this is way more a direct 'come and get me' plea, in my opinion.

Would be a big loss given his potential and what we've put into him so far.
It's exactly the same quote, just with even more spin being put on it by the new secondary source reporting it. Really nothing "more direct" at all.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rubbish. For some people the only striker 'in our league' is Che bloody Adams who despite finding some goals of late is in Premier League terms a squad filler.
Even if we get a first choice centre forward in we need squad fillers as well.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mentioned Guirassey numerous times last summer as the type of forward I thought we actually needed.....A big physical type of athletic striker, who had a eye goal ..... realistically last summer you could have picked him up for about 10m but with the season he has had , he will probably attract a bigger club than us ...I was amazed nobody paid the release clause in January ..
But as a player profile he is exactly what we need.... probably more realistic this summer in En Nesryri......we need someone as a target , who will put a shift in leaving the space for Cunha , Hwang , Sarabia to exploit ..

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“I have expressed it before: I like Villarreal, LaLiga and I want to be able to continue providing what I can to the team. I know that not everything depends on me, but on my part, I leave everything open so that an agreement can be reached,” he said.

FFS.
Surprised the club haven't intervened by now as I'm sure it was all agreed before he went out on loan to come back for pre-season training.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are we so short on numbers that we wont be able to sort out the squad depth for a few windows to come ?
If Neto and one other first teamer leave we would need half a dozen additions.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are we so short on numbers that we wont be able to sort out the squad depth for a few windows to come ?
If Neto and one other first teamer leave we would need half a dozen additions.
Plenty of people coming back from loans capable of making an impact

Cundle, Mosquera, Chiquinho, Lembikisa, maybe Podence

Otherwise the free agent market won’t hurt if we offer good wages

Madmalc

Reaction score
A season. We wouldn't be doing it for a one-off £13m. In any case, it's one way that we can increase revenue as Fosun won't or can't just keep ploughing money in ad-infinitum. We have to increase our revenue and investing in computer games and music isn't doing much for us!
Everton 52,888 new stadium is rumoured to be costing between 760m and £1bn. That's all debt and around 20,000 more capacity than Molineux. £13m would cover a quarter of the around £50minterest per year, leaving a shortfall of £37m loss every year..

Here's the latest on Everton's new stadium: Everton struggling with phase payment?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty of people coming back from loans capable of making an impact

Cundle, Mosquera, Chiquinho, Lembikisa, maybe Podence

Otherwise the free agent market won’t hurt if we offer
I meant better quality than that . I don’t think GON would be a happy man with those 5

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom