Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I missing something?
I didnt think he looked particularly good when he played against us recently?
He’s meant to be better than Doyle although it’s difficult to make comparisons when he’s playing in a dumpster fire like Sheffield Utd.

I think would be worth the risk.

I am not sure that other teams will take the same risk with Neto . . . Have a feeling he might not move this season.

A lot on here saying that we have to sell someone this summer, but that’s not what l heard Hobbs say the other day or am
I missing something?

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
I dont see the attraction to Brownhill. He has been garbage whenever I have seen Burnley play.
I don't personally but he's obviously been targeted and on a free to make up the numbers I can see it happening

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree.....I also went off mcatee after the home game, after bigging him up.....we want pace in forward areas....
I went off most of our players during that match - we were crap! However, just shows that it takes more than one match to appraise players as our performance that day was chalk and cheese compared with Saturday.
McAtee has been one of the better Sheff Utd players this season. I know that's not saying much, but he's been better than the match at Molineux showed.
A young player that will get better with time and playing in a better team.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went off most of our players during that match - we were crap! However, just shows that it takes more than one match to appraise players as our performance that day was chalk and cheese compared with Saturday.
McAtee has been one of the better Sheff Utd players this season. I know that's not saying much, but he's been better than the match at Molineux showed.
A young player that will get better with time and playing in a better team.
Yes he is decent but I wouldn't be busting a gut to get him as such......for me he is one of those players who you ain't sure what position he plays as such.....not particularly a wide forward or a midfielder in a team like ours.....

All I'm saying I wouldn't be busting a gut to get him when we clearly have other priorities......as in proper forwards....you could probably pick up a wide player from overseas for cheaper that what you would pay for him.....if we are going to spend a big fee , it's needs to be a forward, probably 2....

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes he is decent but I wouldn't be busting a gut to get him as such......for me he is one of those players who you ain't sure what position he plays as such.....not particularly a wide forward or a midfielder in a team like ours.....

All I'm saying I wouldn't be busting a gut to get him when we clearly have other priorities......as in proper forwards....you could probably pick up a wide player from overseas for cheaper that what you would pay for him.....if we are going to spend a big fee , it's needs to be a forward, probably 2....
I'd agree if we were on a cash-buying mission, but if McAtee was a make-weight in a City deal for Pedro, in the same way that we got Doyle in the Nunes deal, then it may not be bad business.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd agree if we were on a cash-buying mission, but if McAtee was a make-weight in a City deal for Pedro, in the same way that we got Doyle in the Nunes deal, then it may not be bad business.
Think you looking nearer 20m for Mcatee probably.....whatever happens to Neto we need forwards.....I'm not saying he was crap against us but Sarabia for 5m looked a bargain...that's all I'm saying....Mcatee is decent but in a 3-4-3....I would would rather have a pacy wide player.....

Would love him on loan but not sure I would pay a decent fee for him, that's all....

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some good wingers at Burnley I know the one lad is injured

I also like fofana but doubt Chelsea let him go

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think you looking nearer 20m for Mcatee probably.....whatever happens to Neto we need forwards.....I'm not saying he was crap against us but Sarabia for 5m looked a bargain...that's all I'm saying....Mcatee is decent but in a 3-4-3....I would would rather have a pacy wide player.....

Would love him on loan but not sure I would pay a decent fee for him, that's all....
He's valued at around 12m Euros on Transfermkt. More than Doyle for sure, but nowhere near £20m. I'd think he'd be worth around £10m at 22, with a season's Premier League experience behind him.
Let's see.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On Broja irrespective of our injury problems l’m glad we didn’t go for him.

The time has long passed where we pull our pants down and get dry rodgered for rinsed out feed by the ‘big boys’

Thanks but no thanks. Rather play an academy prospect

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chelsea will have to sell in summer, what about Maatsen and Madueke ?

Realistic ?
Honestly I would not go near many chelsea players. They want money why do you think they went to Chelsea

Alfie Gilchrist is about the only one I’d go for would be cheap and he’s decent will get better over time. Big potential

A lot of the chelsea deadwood is over priced and overrated. Broja £30 no way on this planet, I’d rather play Fabio. Fofana maybe but I can’t see chelsea wanting to sell him… Cursed club. Seriously stay clear of their rubbish. CHO hardly done much at forest. I would of expected him to be doing the business

Ultimately we want players at Wolves who want to work hard and prove themselves.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly I would not go near many chelsea players. They want money why do you think they went to Chelsea

Alfie Gilchrist is about the only one I’d go for would be cheap and he’s decent will get better over time. Big potential

A lot of the chelsea deadwood is over priced and overrated. Broja £30 no way on this planet, I’d rather play Fabio. Fofana maybe but I can’t see chelsea wanting to sell him… Cursed club. Seriously stay clear of their rubbish. CHO hardly done much at forest. I would of expected him to be doing the business

Ultimately we want players at Wolves who want to work hard and prove themselves.
Fofana looks a decent one

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Depends if they go after omishen and how they deal with selling Lukaku etc

They want broja gone but I definitely think fofana would have a price but it would be costly
Loan to buy, maybe. Think Chelsea would loan him out again for FFP purposes.

Maartsen is a quality LWB and would be a really good buy, might be pricey though.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loan to buy, maybe. Think Chelsea would loan him out again for FFP purposes.

Maartsen is a quality LWB and would be a really good buy, might be pricey though.
Not sure there are that many Chelsea players that would be keen to move to Wolverhampton. But, having seen us beat them twice this year, that may not be such a bad thing.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

To be fair Broja for £30 is a bargain.... £30M though, lol.....

Back
Top Bottom