Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hwang

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This sounds really harsh but when he’s playing like he did last night, he’s actually more of a hindrance than a help to the team.

Missing Cunha/Neto is devastating because even if they have poor games, they’re still a threat.

When Hwang is bad, we’re talking abysmally bad.

Last night there were a few occasions where he lost the ball in dangerous areas to set up their transitions.

He’s clearly injured from that Asian Cup when he didn’t start the first two games and only played when they were desperate. So I have some sympathy for him.

However, him not playing when he’s like this is absolutely no problem for us.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This sounds really harsh but when he’s playing like he did last night, he’s actually more of a hindrance than a help to the team.

Missing Cunha/Neto is devastating because even if they have poor games, they’re still a threat.

When Hwang is bad, we’re talking abysmally bad.

Last night there were a few occasions where he lost the ball in dangerous areas to set up their transitions.

He’s clearly injured from that Asian Cup when he didn’t start the first two games and only played when they were desperate. So I have some sympathy for him.

However, him not playing when he’s like this is absolutely no problem for us.

I agree & it does him no favours at all.

Genuinely don't think Fraser would have been any worse.

Best thing to do with Hwang now is let him recover & not force it.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn’t he carrying a calf issue as well?
Give him till after the international break and get him 100%

Just hope Korea are sensible enough to not call him up!……

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang looks like he'll need longer out than Cunha the way he's looked/performed. The bloke is often a liability when he's not fully ft

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Shows he was feeling it before the actual injury. Wolves really needed to give him a few weeks off after the Asian Cup but I get we just couldn't. Hopefully a few weeks off to recover from whatever this is will help get him through the season.

Also went down in warmup before Sheffield United.

He is/was clearly not fit and, to be honest, was absolutely awful before he went off.

Broken record I know but we failed miserably in the January window. Cunha and now Hwang getting injured is so predictable.
Hope they both come back fit and sharp quickly.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also went down in warmup before Sheffield United.

He is/was clearly not fit and, to be honest, was absolutely awful before he went off.

Broken record I know but we failed miserably in the January window. Cunha and now Hwang getting injured is so predictable.
Hope they both come back fit and sharp quickly.

I do wonder how many matches before the end of the season we'll get all 3 of Hwang, Cunha and Neto on the pitch together all fit. Even Neto has looked a bit off the last couple of games, his top speed seems down like he's holding back.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do wonder how many matches before the end of the season we'll get all 3 of Hwang, Cunha and Neto on the pitch together all fit. Even Neto has looked a bit off the last couple of games, his top speed seems down like he's holding bac
We may need to just take the hit for a league game or two to rest the front players.

Doherty up front, move RAN forwards too!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Shows he was feeling it before the actual injury. Wolves really needed to give him a few weeks off after the Asian Cup but I get we just couldn't. Hopefully a few weeks off to recover from whatever this is will help get him through the season.
I think part of it, and it's testament to his character, is that he wants to play. Almost like he does need to be given a rest for his own good. We need a fit Hwang for the run in, been one the best players this season.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think part of it, and it's testament to his character, is that he wants to play. Almost like he does need to be given a rest for his own good. We need a fit Hwang for the run in, been one the best players this season.

Absolutely. I don't agree with all the **** getting thrown at him, no one tries harder in games than Hwang but he just physically can't right now. The injury might be a blessing in disguise tbh, force him to rest.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Sorry - but amid the GON love-in from fans and media, he MUST take responsibility for the fact that a clearly unfit and very poorly performing player was still on the pitch in the second half. It beggars belief that Fraser and the other young lads (all older than 'Klopp's kids'?) are not deemed good enough to put in a performance better than Hwang managed yesterday. If they truly aren't, then they need moving on quickly - and if they are, PLAY THEM!

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely. I don't agree with all the **** getting thrown at him, no one tries harder in games than Hwang but he just physically can't right now. The injury might be a blessing in disguise tbh, force him to rest.
No one tries harder than Hwang? Really?
I'm one of those on here that thinks he's a pretty poor footballer, no control, misses passes, throws his hands up to blame others, goes down too easily, misses easy chances etc etc. He does try at times, and he does score at times, and I'm sure many more knowledgeable football people rate him more than me, and I know I'm often wrong. But I try to like him and find it very difficult. But this love in that he's the hardest worker in the team? That's ridiculous.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm one of those on here that thinks he's a pretty poor footballer, no control, misses passes, throws his hands up to blame others, goes down too easily, misses easy chances etc etc. He does try at times, and he does score at times, and I'm sure many more knowledgeable football people rate him more than me, and I know I'm often wrong. But I try to like him and find it very difficult. But this love in that he's the hardest worker in the team? That's ridiculous.

The guy is one of the hardest workers though. He's not a target man and that's how we keep using him which doesn't help.

This team is crying out for a no.9 who can hold up the ball and also win the majority of those 1 on 1 duels with big CBs. When Neto came on for Hwang last night Sa kept pinging long balls up to him and I don't think he won the ball once, how is that ever going to workout?

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The whole over the top love for Hwang as a player is ridiculous. People throwing around 40-50 million valuations based on a good four months in the last four years is probably some of the daftest talk i have ever seen on this forum and that is quite a bench mark.

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
Had his purple patch, now he’s back to being the Hwang of old. Injured or not, he’s not a good footballer and at 29 hrs not going to improve.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's been playing half fit since the Asian cup so this seems like a good a time as any to lay into the lad.

He might not have been up to much the past couple of games but let's not so quickly forget what he's done for the team in the first half of this season.

Hope he's given the time to get properly fit again so we can see him at his best before the end of the season.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The guy is one of the hardest workers though. He's not a target man and that's how we keep using him which doesn't help.

This team is crying out for a no.9 who can hold up the ball and also win the majority of those 1 on 1 duels with big CBs. When Neto came on for Hwang last night Sa kept pinging long balls up to him and I don't think he won the ball once, how is that ever going to workout?
I honestly try to see the good in him, he's a Wolves player. But I think most of the players work harder than him tbh.
I agree that he's not a target man and it's crazy we didn't get someone in January who can play that central role. This squad deserves better support than that, and I do appreciate what Fosun have done overall.
I think Hwang is important for our international support etc, but

I'll leave it there for the moment!

lycophilos

Reaction score
The whole over the top love for Hwang as a player is ridiculous. People throwing around 40-50 million valuations based on a good four months in the last four years is probably some of the daftest talk i have ever seen on this forum and that is quite a bench mark.
The "over the top love for Hwang" exists, but has, IMHO, been much less of a feature on this forum than extreme dislike, bordering on hatred.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder what it is about Hwang that means so many people find it hard to like him.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he can keep scoring then he is invaluable. If his goals dry up he is not a good enough footballer to be in our side. He does not hold the ball up, he falls over too much, his ball control is not great and his passing is pretty poor. Only goals will keep him in the side. If he's not fully fit then he definitely should not be playing. I'm assuming we will be in for a no 9 in the summer and he will be a bench player next season.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder what it is about Hwang that means so many people find it hard to like him.
What do you mean,?

It seems to me that it's just a few, irrelevant loudmouths who don't appreciate and like a very sympathetic character.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he can keep scoring then he is invaluable. If his goals dry up he is not a good enough footballer to be in our side. He does not hold the ball up, he falls over too much, his ball control is not great and his passing is pretty poor. Only goals will keep him in the side. If he's not fully fit then he definitely should not be playing. I'm assuming we will be in for a no 9 in the summer and he will be a bench player next season.

Think before he went away he was offering alot to the team as a whole, stretching teams, pressing, constantly getting in behind the oppositions back line. A real focal point.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Where are you seeing these comments because i can't say i have noticed won't person 'hating' on Hwang.

Many think he is a mediocre player and that would be pretty accurate but that isn't hatred. Hwang is a fantastic person and a great advert for the Korean people

Woolywolf

Reaction score
I think he needs to be completely match fit and playing with confidence. On that basis he was one of the leading goal contributors in a very good league and easily good enough to be a valuable player for us. Unfortunately he does struggle to remain injury free

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where are you seeing these comments because i can't say i have noticed won't person 'hating' on Hwang.

Many think he is a mediocre player and that would be pretty accurate but that isn't hatred. Hwang is a fantastic person and a great advert for the Korean people

Where are you seeing me saying people are "hating" on him? There's literally a comment a few posts up saying he's "difficult to like", which I just paraphrased to be "hard to like" instead.

I can't think of many Wolves players who would have so many negative comments about them when:

a) they clearly try hard
b) they seem great off the pitch
c) they scored double figures in the PL
d) were very likely playing through an injury in their 2 recent bad performances

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What do you mean,?

It seems to me that it's just a few, irrelevant loudmouths who don't appreciate and like a very sympathetic character.

Well, then I mean I wonder what it is that just a few irrelevant loudmouths find so dislikeable about him?

surreywolf

Reaction score
I watched the E&S fan thing with Nathan Judah yesterday and the first fan on said what an awful display against Brighton - Jesus if we’d taken them on at their own game, they’d have gone straight through us. How can people be so simple?

Same here - hwang is a confidence player, whose game is based on acceleration and work rate plus an ability to be in the right place and superb footwork to finish chances

Take away 20-30% of his fitness or confidence and it affects him. But he’s still the most senior player and a threat to opposition in the absence of cunha. Just yet, Fraser is a long way off that (“BuT kLoPp’s KiDS aRe gUd Enuff”)

Think I’ll trust O’Neil’s opinion on this one thanks, and support our players who deserve a bit of faith considering what they have delivered.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, then I mean I wonder what it is that just a few irrelevant loudmouths find so dislikeable about him?
Mate, if you’re implying what I think you are then that’s pretty low.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing with Hwang is he blows hot or cold. When he’s on form he’s great, when he’s not then he can look poor as a lot of what he does off the ball goes unnoticed. Seems likely that the last few games he’s not been 100% fit which doesn’t help his game, Cunha being out and lack of too many other options means he’s had to play through that

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I honestly try to see the good in him, he's a Wolves player. But I think most of the players work harder than him tbh.
I agree that he's not a target man and it's crazy we didn't get someone in January who can play that central role. This squad deserves better support than that, and I do appreciate what Fosun have done overall.
I think Hwang is important for our international support etc, but

I'll leave it there for the moment!
In his defence only 6 players have scored more goals than him this season in the top league in world football.

As for him working hard, before Xmas GON did a pre match conference (can’t remember the game) and Hwang running stats were the highest in the team, I seem to remember him saying they were top 5 in the league.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I think he’s no different to Neto, Cunha or Bellegarde in that they all look poor when they draw the short straw of having to play that central role in a traditional way. They can all do a job if they can play as a false 9 but midweek with lots of aerial balls it requires a big traditional 9, especially against someone like Dunk.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fraser for tomorrow & Chiwomi on the bench?

Back
Top Bottom